* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: legendaries  (Read 7371 times)

Offline SilverMagiel

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
legendaries
« on: December 24, 2011, 02:27:37 AM »
Oky guys, before telling me to do my research before posting, I have done so and every post of legendary pokemon has been locked, I wanted to make a suggestion. Now the legendaries can't be caught ( no problem ) but can't it be like an achievement. When you see or battle a legendarie pokemon you get like a trophy or something, saying I fought a legendary pokemon, let's say Lugia for example and I won/lost according to what happened in the battle

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
Re: legendaries
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 02:31:37 AM »
If you've really done your research, you also probably know they will be used in events...
Why not give achievements for the whole event, like "Fought Lugia during [Insert event name]" and call it something like a pun... Yeah, I'm taking examples from WoW again...

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:02:22 AM »
Oky guys, before telling me to do my research before posting, I have done so and every post of legendary pokemon has been locked, I wanted to make a suggestion. Now the legendaries can't be caught ( no problem ) but can't it be like an achievement. When you see or battle a legendarie pokemon you get like a trophy or something, saying I fought a legendary pokemon, let's say Lugia for example and I won/lost according to what happened in the battle

Why does PU need achievements?  I don't get it.  There is no reason that you should earn something for progressing the story of PU.  If you think about it achievements are a pretty hollow reward system.  The real reward is advancing the story and becoming stronger.

Also a win/loss thing would lead to people making multiple accounts, until they get a perfect run.  We already have enough problems with that.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 06:09:13 AM »
Also a win/loss thing would lead to people making multiple accounts, until they get a perfect run.  We already have enough problems with that.

*coughcough*

Anyway, I kinda like the idea of being able to show that you fought a legendary but I don't like the idea of showing the outcome. But the devs are pretty tight-minded when it comes to legendaries (completely understandable) so don't expect much as far as legendaries go.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline BlueRise

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 06:25:30 AM »
no legendary pokemon? why not? how are you suppose to catch them all, if there are no legendaries? here's a suggestion have them move around every now and then so they would be in different places, like in pokemon g/s/c, i see no problem with that.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 06:27:31 AM »
It would unbalance the game. I dont want to get into the discussion why. Someone else take it from here.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 06:48:03 AM »
Like Cortex said, it's about balance. Legendaries are supposed to be... well, Legendary. They are stronger than most other Pokemon, but most importantly, there's supposed to be only one of most of them, like Mewtwo, Mew, Moltres, Entei, Ho-oh, etc... It just wouldn't be right to have a bunch of each of them in the game when mostly everyone would use them to win every battle they get into... You know what I mean if you've played the handheld games.

Offline Deion1

• Beginning Trainer
  • Why must I chase the cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 07:35:36 AM »
I feel like most of these threads are sayin the same thing over and over

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 08:30:11 AM »
I feel like most of these threads are sayin the same thing over and over

I would have to agree with you there.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 09:34:05 AM »
 To be honest this should have gone to the Suggestion Thread, but anyways. Your idea has been mentioned before: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,3565.0.html
 Maybe not in that context but the general idea was the same: get something out of a Legendary if not the Legendary itself.

On another note, I agree with what has been said above, that there is no need for rewards. I am not entirely sure how the events will work here, but let's assume for now that there is an announcement. This announcement says to get online at a certain point of time till a specified point of time. There will always be people who will not be able to make it due to location or IRL things they have to do. So they completely miss out on the fun of completing an event and would also be constantly reminded of it.

If events are longer, let's say the notice says: X Event from Monday - Sunday. That way everyone who already is playing PU will be able to complete it at one point of time. But there comes a new player and he will miss it. So now everyone has a reward for completing something that is a reward in itself except him and any other newcomer. I've played a few games like that before and it always annoyed me.

The game is about fairness. The Balance Team is working on the Pokémon so it would be fair. Giving rewards that not everyone has access to would kind of oppose that Fairness.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline SilverMagiel

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 11:22:29 AM »
Oky thanx, so a few things 1 I never stated you'll be able to catch a legendary, jus see it and have something to show for it, but thanx for all the comments and saying why it wouldn't work, I mean its only an idea after all.

Offline Wire

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 12:07:22 PM »
If everyone could catch legendaries they wouldnt be considered legendary now would they?

Offline SilverMagiel

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
I know but still I only said you can see them, not catch them

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »
New Idea: If you throw ANY type of Pokeball at a Legendary, It blocks it, kills your entire team, and takes all of your stuff. (Money, Items)

Maybe to the extent of Starting from the beginning?
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »
I hope you're joking.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"