* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Event  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Event
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2011, 11:07:35 AM »
If the Pokémon have generated values such as Height, Weight etc. then I am all in for Contests.

I think there can be something generated from the IVs of a pokemon to determine the weight and height of a pokemon (with full 31 IVs giving biggest and highest maybe?).
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
Isn't that type of info shown in the Pokedex? You know when you first catch a Pokemon you get their general species info the their cry, location, foot print, and height + weight.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
Those values are static.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 11:08:05 AM »
 Well yes, but it could be done that when you enter a Contest, the Pokémon you catch will not be trainable and you will only be able to catch them inside the Contest.

For example: Fishing contest

A Player catches a Magikarp with Height 45, and Weight 67. These don't have to be realistic, just a way to determine a winner. It turns out that the highest is Height 56 and Weight 120 Magikarp in the area, called by Big Bully by some. If you catch Big Bully (very rare) you win the contest. If nobody catches Big Bully, after a set amount of time the winner is determined by having the highest stats on Magikarp available. It could add a sort of challange to have a Height 55 and a Weight 30 Magikarp. Although one of the biggest Magikarps in Height, it's really a Starved Magikarp since 30 is below average in Weight.

Once the Contest is over, you release all of your caught Pokémon and go on with your lives. Going back to the same area and trying to catch Big Bully would not work either, since these generated stat value Pokémon are only catchable during the Contest.

Maybe have a locked down Building in that area with a fenced or other type of locked backyard, safe zone or the like only accessable during the Contest. Just a few ideas.

It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 12:39:22 PM »
That would be possible.

Reminds me a little of Seaking Catching Day.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"