* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Achievements System  (Read 9469 times)

Offline IndigoChamp

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Achievements System
« on: December 29, 2011, 02:13:06 AM »
How about we implement a system that features achievements that are accessible to any player. For example, say I caught my first Pokemon, I would get an achievement called "Gotta Catch Em' All" and later on if I saw a Articuno I would get the "Flying Ice" achievement or something. Of course, this doesn't really change the balance of the game, its just to show off your hard work in game to other people.

If you want to expand the idea, achievements could give a currency (PU Achievment Points? Im not too creative  ;D) that you could use to buy exclusive items. I haven't given it much thought, it kind of just hit me.

Would be nice to see what you guys think  :).

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: Achievements System
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:16:17 AM »
I kinda like the idea. Interestingly enough, this hasn't been discussed before (as far as I know...), and it's a good way to track progress, as well as earn some kinds of rewards.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 02:20:37 AM »
This is honestly a great idea. It gives people something extra to do, and it can help with motivation to do things not many people would do on normal bases.
. . .

Offline Spartan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 02:23:54 AM »
thats a great idea that would show that trainers are trying and they would get rewarded for it but the bad thing is that some trainers will start to brag just because they did something that another trainer could not acheive at that time but then if it was used for more in game currency what would we use it for because most trainers like and need to be prepared for anything so there would need to be hundreds of acheivements but i see your point we would use it for special items ,like maybe an everstone, so we would save our points
pokemon are friends........not tools of war........and we must treat them as such.

Pokemon Knights defenders of honor and pokemon together we protect the pokemon......and this is the reason why i am proud to be a POKEMON KNIGHT

Offline IndigoChamp

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 02:53:29 AM »
The rewards system was optional, but I mean I'm sure the Devs could think of a way to use it in a way that won't upset the game's balance. Maybe the rewards are useless to the actual game, but are just cool? Like maybe accessories for your Pokemon(sunglasses on a squirtle? :) ), the possibilities are limitless.

Offline Spartan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 02:57:10 AM »
yeah they could do that it would help withpatienc by letting trainers save more points for rarer items without upsetting game balance
pokemon are friends........not tools of war........and we must treat them as such.

Pokemon Knights defenders of honor and pokemon together we protect the pokemon......and this is the reason why i am proud to be a POKEMON KNIGHT

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 03:59:56 AM »
How about instead of currency why not game center cash? Or it can be used towards advancing Pokemon traits?
I'm not sure if there are player homes, but why not something like using points to rent or buy homes. Also if there are gonna be guilds, why not towards guild items or ranking up guilds? Or even buying training items?
In all honesty you have a great idea here. XD
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 04:10:45 AM »
Well I've seen things in other rpg's about acheivements, and they DID get points for every acheivement. I'm not sure about the power ups though, that would get out of hand pretty quick. On the other hand, it would be a good idea for unlockables for special items, like say the super rod, exp share, etc., I'm not sure if that would work out, but if put on reasonable standards it might work.
. . .

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 04:15:53 AM »
How about to unlock secret regions? I know that sounds awful, but how about used to unlock area's in safari or buy S.S tickets?
I love Turtles!

Offline IndigoChamp

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 06:26:55 AM »
By adding secret zones, everybody wants to get achievements and achievements become an important part of the game, which isn't something I think the devs would want. I think something small should be the reward.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 06:51:31 AM »
 Or how about we have no reward at all. If this achievement system would ever be implemented, wouldn't it be a reward in itself?
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline IndigoChamp

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »
Well that was my initial suggestion; having people know that you did something would be worth something. However we were just expanding on the possibility of using achievements to gain some type of exclusive currency that would enable you to get something special :P.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 06:57:30 AM »
Or how about we have no reward at all. If this achievement system would ever be implemented, wouldn't it be a reward in itself?

If there is a system like this then no rewards is best.  It would be like xbox achievements.  The reward is the achievement itself.  And the bragging rights of Yeah, I did that. 

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2011, 07:02:09 AM »
Seconded. The player's achievements should also be able to be found in their profile, so others can see.

I, for one, like this idea, but I understand if it is not included in Pokemon Universe. However, if it is to be implemented, would take time and wouldn't be available immediately.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2011, 07:02:35 AM »
There doesn't have to be rewards, but a trophy would be nice :P
I love Turtles!