* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Alternative ways of leveling Pokemon?  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
Alternative ways of leveling Pokemon?
« on: January 08, 2012, 07:48:09 AM »
Hi, I've had an account for a while but never did much with it. Anyway, I've seen many topics regarding skill trees, talents, and job systems to truly make every player unique and not just all Pokemon trainers. If something like that is established, I think Pokemon should gain exp. through means other than battling. For example, if a Pokemon is successful in a contest, they may gain experience. Looking at some of the other suggested "activities" to take part in the game (IE: Breeding, Researching) well, obviously there isn't much exp. to be gained for Pokemon there. I just feel like PU has this atmosphere where you don't necessarily *have* to be a trainer. Albeit catching the Pokemon yourself is a given, you don't have to follow the Pokemon league to have fun. I don't know, just something I was thinking about because PU seems like it'll be much more open world than the other online Pokemon "MMOs", if you'd call them that.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative ways of leveling Pokemon?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 09:10:01 AM »
Therefore we have questing. I haven't taken much a brief look on quest rewards since I'm usually a quiet one around here off and on. If I recall correctly, quests are to be implanted to the MMO and maybe have exp. rewards. Although, your idea isn't bad at all... It's just an add-on to the game if considered. But just keep in mind... the game is focusing on getting the main concepts and additional stuff be added on later depending how the game goes so far. :) So don't loose hope on your idea. There's been multiples of how exp. be placed and used.

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 09:15:48 AM »
I see what your talking about like if you get exp in a contest you will get better ???
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 09:44:51 AM »
Wrathes: Thanks and yeah I know, but I figured questing would focus more on the player's level rather than individual Pokemon, but you never know!

lubbies: Yes and no. It's already been established long ago that the more experienced you are at catching/battling, the more it shows. However, it was never clarified if that goes for contests as well, so thats another good idea! What I was suggesting was that if you use a certain Pokemon in a contest, they can gain exp. that way.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 11:20:35 AM »
 I believe there will be quests which require no battling or at the very least, doesn't focus on it. And to be honest, I like this idea. I've played some other games too where you could get experience points from your crafting and gathering skills allowing you to level up without ever having to fight down someone. It would just mean another option to when you get tired of battling, but would keep your Pokémon gaining experience. If something like this ever gets implemented (will most likely be in the distant future if at all) I would love to try it out sometime.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!