* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Closed] Poisoned Utopia| Time: Evening| Weather: Cloudy  (Read 234142 times)

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
Re: [RP] Poisoned Utopia| Time: Morning| Weather: Foggy
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 03:21:10 AM »
~growwwwwllll~
Shock sat up, blanket on his head. He was going to need some food. Darn it all! So lazy, I can't even keep my promises to myself, he scowled. Well, he might as well check out in his pantry to see if he could find any food, rancid or not; he didn't care. He whipped his yo-yo out of his pocket. And, wrapping his blanket around him, he trodded out of his room, preforming the walk-the-dog trick. As long as he didn't have to go out. The fog was still thick, and he didn't want to even risk a monster attack this early in the morning. "Still dark out," he said to himself. Then, he growled. Of course, as fate would have it, he was out of food. He'd have to go out.
" Can anything EVER go my way?"
Shock peered out of his door, which had been half-torn off the hinges. So far, so good. But, just in case....
" Gotta be safe," he murmured in the foggy outdoor air, as he retrieved his yo-yo. In case of an attack, he'd have to be quick. Gripping the tattered cloth on his shoulders, he ran out of the building. He kept his quick pace, but scanned the area, keen eyes searching for Any sign of foods. Hopefully, he would be lucky enough to find some decent fruit, unlike the stuff that fell from Utopia up above. That stuff was inedible, even by his standards. He whistled as he slowed down. It was quieter than usual. He was a bit paranoid, but, he whistled on. Some noise is better that none, right?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 04:11:02 AM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 04:53:03 AM »
I moved quickly, circling outwards from the broken house-it was my normal style. Working out from whatever my current shelter was. I kept alert-the fog muffles the sounds and makes it harder to see. I have to keep on my toes. My ears pricked up-there, just a slight noise in the silence. I paused for a moment, quieting my footsteps and breathing. Was it...
*murmers* whistling...? Who would be out here WHISTLING...?
I noticed that it was getting closer-there was a rubble wall nearby. I darted over and crouched behind it, peering through a crack, waiting to see who it was...
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 05:23:11 AM »
We were moving along, until we passed the corner of a building, when he stopped.

(I keep talking like this, because neither of us have names yet.)

He sniffed the air, backed away to our right and started to whimper again. There was obviously something to the left that he didn't exactly like. I hopped off from his back, and looked around. I walked forward for a bit, until I looked past some crates. There was some kind of monster there, one I hadn't seen before. I backed away slightly, I had fought enough monsters for a week already and it was only (guessing again) Tuesday!

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »
Shock came to a stop, and looked around. The road was lined with crates, all discarded from a recent market. Alot of the food would of have already gone bad, but they were still worth looking through. He began to rummage through one of the crated on the right side of the old road, still whistling. Now, the paranoia made his skin prickle. He kept whistling, although it took a nervous tone, and looked around. Who the heck would be out here? Not even HE wanted to be out. But, even though he didn't want to believe it, paranoia never lied.
Well, whoever it is, if it was a someone, they better just leave me alone. Too hungry... He gripped his yo-yo tightly in his left hand, in case he had to make a quick attack. But, he continued his rummaging, as if he didn't notice.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 06:17:34 AM »
I peered through the crack-I could see who it was whistling now. A boy. He looked human, probably a few years older than me. He was rummaging through the crates nearby-probably looking for food. I settled into a crouched position, and started to work my way old the wall to get closer-
*winces* Damn...
I could feel it-he had lead with him. Something high concentrate, if I could feel it so strongly from my position. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts, and went back to watching him, as steadily as I could. I didn't move any closer. Not if he has lead.
~Does he live nearby...? Or is he wandering? ...Is it safe for me to reveal myself?~
I decided it would be better to wait, and see if he would notice me...
Hello there.

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »
  Desmond exited the cave stood atop the rock once more.  Hope had perched on his shoulder, and acted as if it was a real animal.  Outstretching his arm, the robot instinctively flew off into the sky, soaring high above the fog.  He couldn't believe how similar it seemed to the falcon he saw earlier, which, for all he knows, could have just been his imagination.  Either way, this gift is a sign.  Someone's watching over him, and he didn't know whether to judge that as a good or bad thing.  This robot could very well be a spy camera, or a bomb, just waiting for the perfect moment to seal his fate.

(As I've stated before, the blue text is flashbacks.)

"Desmond, wake up.  Desmond!"
  "Wahh, Oh, bloody hell, Bartholomew! The sun hasn't even risen yet.  You better have a bloody good reason fer wakin' me up!"
  "Oh course I have a reason, now quick, follow me."
  Desmond tiredly followed Bartholomew out of the cove and to the base of the rock formation, where they were confronted with a small plant.  It's stem was a natural greenish color, as were it's five leaves, and on the top of the stem was a large bulb.
  "My, is... Is that a plant?"
  "Aye, that it is, Desmond; but not just any plant.  This is a very rare flower, known as the Jaded Mantis Lily.  In the past it was adored for it's breath-taking coloration, though, to my knowledge, this may be the last one in existence.  At the moment it may not seem all that pretty, but when it blooms it will be spectacular.  Like nothing you've ever seen!"
  "And when is it supposed to bloom?
  Bartholomew turned his head towards the East, whilst  Desmond stared at him, his jaw opened slightly, waiting for an answer.  Suddenly the darkness was broken by an emerging beam of light, followed by another, and another.  Bartholomew then turned his head back to the flower, and Desmond did the same.  The pedals spread wide open, revealing the beauty held within.  They were aw-struck by the shades and hues of blues and violets and yellows, blending together to create a harmonious mixture of colors and tints whose beauty seemed to make up for the wasteland surrounding them, and Desmond was taking in every precious moment of it.
  "I've never seen something so... so...
  "Pure."
  "Yes, Bartholomew, that's the word I was looking for.  It's funny, ya know."
  "What is?"
  "How a something so small, delicate, and pure, could grow and prosper in a world gone to waste.  I look out into the world we live in, and think that it could produce no beauty, that nothing good can be come from it.  But then I look at this flower, and I know that this planet still has hope, still has a chance left in it."
  They continued to gaze in admiration, when the pedals on the flower began to dry, and the stem began to wilt.
  "Wait? What? Wha- Why is it dying?"
  "You see, Desmond, this flower is very special.  Shortly after blooming, the flower dies, giving it just enough time to release it's pollen and seeds.  Sadly, though, there are no other flowers, and no bees to spread the pollen, so I'm afraid this is the last of these flowers we'll ever see."
  "So it just dies? Just like that?  Why is it that the only good and pure thing is this entire bloody wasteland dies in an instant?"
  "Things don't last forever, Desmond. And the good things tend to last for a shorter time than the bad.  Even though it may be gone, you can, and must, still cherish it's memory, otherwise it will be forgotten, as if it never existed."

Desmond stared at his new robotic friend, and was suddenly filled with sadness.  You're a good thing in this land of impurity, and like all other good things, like the flower, my parents, and Bartholomew, you won't last as long as the bad ones.
sup

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:13 AM »
The feeling of fear had passed over Shock, and he shoved his yo-yo back into his pocket. Maybe his paranoia was wrong. Then again, it usually was. He resumed whistling a light, cheery tune, before hopping into one of the boxes. " Eugh..." he hopped out, and pushed it over, then searched through the ones under it. After a few minutes, he tired of the boxes, and walked across the street to go through the ones a yard away from a crumbling old building, with anything but walls left. He grew silent again. There was an ominous feeling in that building. The same one as...
No. Now wasn't the time for remembering her. Not out in the open.
"Hello?" he said with a friendly voice, desperatly hoping it wasn't a monster. Or worse : a Paladin (he wondered if they ever left Utopia. He had never seen them before). "Anyone out there?"
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Poisoned Utopia| Time: Morning| Weather: Cloudy
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 06:56:19 AM »
I breathed a sigh as he put away the lead. Much better.
Hello? Anyone out there?
What. an. idiot. Had I been a monster, he probably would've just attracted my attention, if his whistling had done so already. But I figured I'd better answer, or he'd keep calling and actually ATTRACT a monster. I inched around to the side of the wall, and climbed up on top, revealing myself.
I do appreciate you putting that yoyo away, but is there a REASON you're making so much noise? I mean, are you TRYING to attract a monster, with your whistling and calling out?
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »
"Oh god!"
Shock jumped back from the wall, startled at the scolding, then looked upward. Perched on the wall was a teen, probably younger than him, but he couldn't realy tell. She looked strongly irritated at him, but not threatening enough to be an enemy. Probably a traveller? Still, there was a wierd feel he was getting from her, something he had felt before.
She couldn't be One, could she?
She mentioned my yo-yo, which had been made with lead. Of course she was a Chosen.
" You're not much of a morning person, are you?" he smiled, then laughed. " Sorry if i woke you up or something! When i get really hungry,..I'm pretty loud!."
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2012, 07:24:41 AM »
"You're not much of a morning person, are you?"
He smiles, and laughs. What a weirdo.
Sorry if I woke you up or something! When I get really hungry...I'm pretty loud!"
Woke me up? What person would still be asleep at this hour of the morning? You can't waste daylight-especially not here, in the Central region. I've been up for quite a while. I was out exploring the area around my shelter, looking for landmarks and food. I only have another day or two's worth with me. And I came across you, whistling, practically sending up a flag to the groundstalkers, "come and get me, I'm right here!"
I looked at him. He didn't seem like much...But that yoyo of his wasn't just a toy. No toy would be made out of lead. He was staring up at me, with this big stupid grin on his face.
What person could keep smiling like that....in a place like this...?
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »
" ...And I came across you,whistling, practically sending up a flag to the groundstalkers, 'come and get me, I'm right here!'"
oh, jeez. She was one of those lecturing types. The kind who would go on for hours about how messy his room was. Or about his terrible diet.
" Oh, lighten up! It's not the end of the world!"
Apparently, she was easily irritated. Something he MIGHT be able to use to his advantage later in the future. Now, why is she staring at me like that? He shoved his hands into his pockets. She was right about people not sleeping at this time, but not many people lived nearby, central being way too close to Utopia. He knew most of the people in the area." Now that I think about it, I don't think i've ever seen you around here...." he glanced down at his feet, then back up. " Who are you?"
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2012, 08:11:41 AM »
"Oh, lighten up! It's not the end of the world!"
Well, he certainly doesn't worry easily.
"...Who are you?"
...I suppose it isn't. My name is Ayara. I travel around for various....reasons. Now, since I've replied to your question, I will ask the same in return-Who are you?
Hello there.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
Various reasons, eh? Hmmmmm.... I wonder.....
" I'm the brilliant Shock!" he struck a funny-looking pose, and grinned up at her. " I live here, but sometimes I have to travel, but that's cuz...."
He stopped there. He knew when there was a time to throw yourself out in the open( at least, he THOUGHT he knew), and where there was a time to be a bit secretive. Now was a good time to shut up. She probably already thought he was stupid for romping around, and he didn't need her to know about his job either. she just might ridicule him for being such a careless kid with a serious job.
" So, Ayara....got any food?"
His attention was called back to the fact that he still hadn't found anything, and time was still passing. Maybe she could be helpful. And, maybe she had something for him to deliver, but didn't want to hand it to just any random person.. She didn't seem like the kind of person for it, though, and he still wasn't really in the mood for delivering something. The fog had lifted, thank goodness, but he still didn't want to leave. The female Chosen interested him. He hadn't spent much time around them. Hanging around her might give him a chance against the Chosen he might run into in the crazy scheme already cooking in his head.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
Damn, I was discovered. Curse hounds and their ability to smell. But the good news was they didnt seem hostile. I stood up above the box I was hiding behind and wave nervously.

Uhh... hi?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:12:24 PM by Lugiafan96 »
. . .

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2012, 05:25:08 PM »
" So, Ayara....got any food?"
His attention was called back to the fact that he still hadn't found anything, and time was still passing. Maybe she could be helpful. And, maybe she had something for him to deliver, but didn't want to hand it to just any random person.. She didn't seem like the kind of person for it, though, and he still wasn't really in the mood for delivering something. The fog had lifted, thank goodness, but he still didn't want to leave. The female Chosen interested him. He hadn't spent much time around them. Hanging around her might give him a chance against the Chosen he might run into in the crazy scheme already cooking in his head.
[/quote]
"I am the brilliant Shock! I live here, but sometimes I have to travel, but that's cuz..."
He trailed off, as if hiding something. But that wasn't unusual. Most people have secrets. But "brilliant"? He certainly does not come across as such. And he struck some strange pose, grinning up at me...In my confusion, I answered his next question without thinking-
"So, Ayara....got any food?
Well, yes, I do. But I was getting low, which is one of the reasons I was out here. The other was to make sure there weren't any large dangers nearby.
Damn! How stupid am I?! He distracted me, and I up and told him that I have food! Gah!
Hello there.