* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hello~! :>  (Read 5810 times)

Offline Kanyuu

• New Trainer
  • Auu? xD
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Hello~! :>
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:41 AM »
Hi everyone, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintances.

Recently, I have begun feeling nostalgic about Pokemon games and was in the mood to look for some MMORPG with Pokemon and I ended up here.

So a little bit about myself, I am mixed Asian and currently a college student. I had been a big fan of Pokemon since it first came out and still am. The games and the manga keep bringing me back for more haha. One of my favorite hobbies is drawing (there is a link to some of my drawings in my signature). Others include playing soccer and doing 3D origami as well as singing (although I am horrible haha).

Why the user name? It's the Japanese reading to the Chinese characters of my given name :) Hope that answers it :D

Now onto Pokemon related topics... My favorite type is water (love them and my starters are always water type haha [though Squirtle is my all time favorite]). Favorite region would definitely be Kanto, though if I were going for plot, it'd have to be Unova. Favorite version is SoulSilver xD Don't get me wrong though, I also love Hoenn and Shinnoh!

I'm also interested in everyone's favorite type, version, starter, and version. n_n
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:23:59 AM by Kanyuu »
If you are interested in art, please have a look at my drawings ^_^ Thank you~! :)

Artwork: http://hanyuu1983.deviantart.com/

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Hello~! :>
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:16 AM »
Dark, gen 2, crystal version, cyndaquil. Welcome to PU, and join in on the discussions around the forums.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:51 AM »
Heya! Welcome to PU, it's nice to meet you!
I LOVE that owl of yours!

My favorite types are water and psychic (I can't choose between 'em! ^ ^) but I use all sorts.
My favorite starter is Cyndaquil--super cute and becomes super epic. All Kanto starters tie for second. :)
I like the Johto region best, but I agree, Unova for the plot. Hoenn and Sinnoh were my least favorites, to be perfectly honest...
My favorite version is SoulSilver also! It was so full of things to do, I just beat it recently! <3 ^ ^ I plan on transferring all my Pokemon to White version though, so I can restart and actually use Chikorita for once. :3 Grey might become my favorite version though, whenever it comes out. ;)

Offline Kanyuu

• New Trainer
  • Auu? xD
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:43:19 AM »
@ Cortex J.

Thank you so much for the welcome. I will be sure to do so, it is so interesting :)

@ Hinagiku

Thank you!! Haha it actually was my latest completion of 3D origami. Will be making a bunny next xD I actually want to start doing some 3D Pokemon origami, but those paper are hard to come by (especially small ones) with the right colors.
Hehe I really need to use other starters for once xD I never used grass. And totally! Can't wait for Grey to come out! :D In the meantime I will settle for Pokemon Nobunaga no Yabou (Pokemon Nobunaga's Ambition - translated) that will be released in the next month or so.
If you are interested in art, please have a look at my drawings ^_^ Thank you~! :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:48:40 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but grey may not happen. I could be wrong, but they will not be making a third installment of the completely off the wall gen V. My key argument, vanilluxe. That is all.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »
QAQ Cortex, y u no support my dreams? Grey is my favorite color and, and.... Well there was something about the pokemongray (grey?) .com domain name being bought/used by the company that made the other official Pokemon sites, so I'm keeping my hopes up.
And Vanilluxe.... Shows what us Americans have on our minds.... -__________-" What's in Gen 6? A fighting hamburger?

@Kanyuu
You should make a kitty. And then take a photo of her and Mr. Owl together. Just sayin'. (T^T I wish I had talent for origami, but I have zero handicraft ability.)

...Grass starters are kinda hard to use (at least for me). The only one I could ever use to complete a game was Turwig/Torterra. But I used to like Chikorita a lot, so I feel bad for not using her. (Her and Bayleef are great [in design], it's Meganium that made me turn to Cyndaquil.)
Yeah.... I don't know, Nobunaga's Ambition.... I love the art, but I don't know if I'd love the game...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Hi there Kanyuu! Welcome to PU! :)

Nice introduction! ^-^

It's probably spread among the threads of the forum, but here they are:
Favourite type: Ground
Favourite version: Platinum
Favourite starter: I think you can guess XD
Favourite version: again!? :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
Welcome Nice into
I myself Love ghost Pokemon more than anything, but that doesn't mean I love all ghost types.
I love Yellow since it was the first version I ever played.
My favorite starter ever is Squirtle :P
From the new series I would say Snivy :D
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Kanyuu

• New Trainer
  • Auu? xD
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:22 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! :)

@ Cortex J. - I don't particularly mind what version comes out next as long as it is good :p

@ Hinagiku - Haha, I have yet to get the pieces for a kitty, but I do have one for a puppy :D

@ Jerry - A mistake on my part :x Meant to write region ehe

@ Reafer - Thank you! Hehe squirtle is too cute to resist and blastoise is just bad ass

Offline Kouen

• Beginning Trainer
  • Don't underestimate me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:20 AM »
Welcome to the site. So you like water types do you? How ironic... I like fire types. We might become adversaries on the battlefield. My favorite Pokemon is Charmander. Back to a topic-related note, hope you enjoy your time here :)

Offline Hinagiku

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »
You should make a gray cat if/when you can, but you should tell me once you've made the puppy. I'll want to see it! ^ ^

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Ah, then... I'll say Sinnoh. Though it ties up with Johto and Hoenn and Kanto :-[

Unova was sort of... a little weird for me, so it lost some points because of that.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:29 AM »
Welcome to PU Kanyuu, My favorite type is also water! =w= and my favorite starter is also squirtle x) 2nd is piplup :3
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 01:56:03 AM by Miss Wednesday »
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Kanyuu

• New Trainer
  • Auu? xD
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
@ Kouen - Hehe thanks! :D Although we may be adversaries, we'd also make a great tag team battle as well ;p

@ Hinagiku - Okay! :D I'll be sure to let you know haha

@ Jerry - I see, fair enough :)

@ Miss Wednesday - Thanks and right on! :P P.S. Vivi is awesome :3