* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Plea to creators  (Read 1790 times)

Offline jamie123

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
Plea to creators
« on: March 22, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »
Hi massive fan of pokemon here and really lookig forward to the game but does it have to be .. dont know the word for it like how you would play it on the gameboy the view from above and little characters cant it be made like other mmos like world of warcraft free roam and more detailed characters if you did that the game would be truly epic and i could quit world of warcraft :)) think about it.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Plea to creators
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »
You're in luck, it will be like MMO's where you customize your own character, and then some. We seperate ourselves from the other MMO's that are trying, but let's face it, they just take the sprites from the games and call it a day. You have come across people who care, and are drawing out everything from hats to shoes for your little person to wear.

Welcome to PU btw.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »
Hi there jamie123! Welcome to PU! :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 04:30:18 PM »
 If you mean 3D graphics, then no. The game has already been in development for a few years now. Scrapping everything they have and making a 3D game would make it take twice as long. Or longer. We would also have to find people who can do 3D modelling.

The game takes the gameplay from the official games, and improves upon it.  The developers are keeping the game mechanics somewhat similar, but improving on parts that could be much better. All of the Pokemon will have balanced stats, there will be a quest system, a system for conversation with NPCs, a new region that the team made, factions, guilds and probably a lot of other stuff that I don't know about. And, the graphics aren't ripped from the official games, the team has made these graphics themselves.

So the game has extra things that you will see in other MMORPGs, except it's Pokemon. A 3D Pokemon game would be interesting(and pretty awesome if it was done right), but it would lose that Pokemon feel that it has.

The 3D isn't going to happen, but it's still going to be a great MMO. The people working on the game are doing a really good job with it, and it's going to be just as good as a 3D MMO.

So, welcome to PU. We have a great community (for the most part.). Make sure that you read all of the rules and stuff.