* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Faction vs Faction quests  (Read 4322 times)

Offline Henkie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Faction vs Faction quests
« on: June 06, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
I did a pretty thorough  search of the forums of this idea had already been thought of but I couldn't find it, so excuse me if it has been thought of already.

So my idea is having PVP faction vs faction quests.

For example quest: Team Rocket vs Police department:
both factions need 2 or 3 players and get opposing quests. something like team rocket needs to rob a bank and the police people have to try and stop them through competing in puzzles, poke battles (obviously) and anything else you can come up with.

I could name many more examples but I'll first see if it has been thought of already and whether people like it.
So let me know what you think and whether it's even possible.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Faction vs Faction quests
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »
Well... that's the purpose of the factions I think? :)

You will receive quests from them for sure, and some way or other will sort of 'get more and more into it'.

I don't think that the way you exposed it could work all the time because you first need to have the players there and willing to do that quest at the same time. On the other hand though, it might be changed into faction events or something of the like where trainers will register for this and be able to take part in it. This way, all is planned and there won't (hopefully) be unexpectations when it comes to players needing to go offline.

So yea, that's something possible, though I'm sure the quest writers have a vague idea of what to put in PU. :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Henkie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:40:22 PM »
Yeah I figured someone had allready thought of this one way or the other. Couldn't find it on the forums though.

Yeah my idea was also something like a sign up system and having these quests run at specific times as an event, maybe once a week or something (depending on the demand for it).
But when it comes to these kind of quests, instances and dungeons you'll always run into players having to go offline or no shows. No way of avoiding that.

Still I'd really like to see quests like this to make it more of a multiplayer experience.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »
Right, from what you said, it really sounded like having quests like these open at any time. Glad that you already thought about it :P

And hey, it's not good to say that! You also can have a bunch of dedicated players who won't suddenly announce they have to go somewhere XD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 05:00:29 PM »
Whilst this is a great idea, I don't expect to see it any time soon. From what I know about the way the code for quests works at the moment, this wouldn't work. However, there is a capacity be quests that will require you to work with members of other factions.

Offline Henkie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
Ahh.. that's too bad. Maybe somewhere in the future.

well unless someone else has something to add. I think this topic can be closed.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 06:30:02 PM »
 I agree with Jerry that Faction vs Faction (FvF) should be events, but they can easily be turned into quests as well. Simple quest: Sign up for volunteer guard duty/skirmish etc., which is a timed event (meaning it occurs every so often, say 1 hour) and you suddenly have an event which turned into a quest. Could be a repeatable quest...
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!