* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: A slight change to starting pokemon...  (Read 2709 times)

Offline LordAdmiral

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
A slight change to starting pokemon...
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
Hello, I'm a bit new here, but I've got an idea that in looking through the summary pages of the game and the other ideas and suggestions, I don't think has been made yet.

It's quite simple, and goes like this: instead of every single trainer starting with the basic starter pokemon, which i believe is a list of 20 15 now, players should have a choice between a large list of pokemon ranging from eevee to pikachu. Perhaps some of the very powerful pokemon, such as the bagon through salamence evolution chain would be off limits from this list, but giving a large list would limit the beginning of the game from having every trainer having the same pokemon to fight against.

It would also make the game a bit more canon to the video game series, if every character is supposed to just be a "normal" trainer as opposed to a super powered pokemon master as in like the actual games themselves to make this feel more like an mmo. In the games, we see a majority of the trainers not having one of those "15" major starting pokemon- usually only one or two of those starter pokemon appear throughout the rest of the game and that region's starter pokemon is only ever had by the opposing rival or a very strong trainer.

To make it even more interesting, a concept could be postulated even to make starter pokemon only catchable and not even choosable as starter pokemon- and make starter pokemon only more common pokemon.

A possible list could include pokemon such as:

Eevee
zigzagoon
poochyena
pikachu
magnemite
pidgey
tailow
wingull
shroomish
numel
wurmple
weedle
caterpie
rattata

and many more.

just a thought. If this idea has already been proposed and rejected, let me know.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: A slight change to starting pokemon...
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:29:11 PM »
Already proposed and rejected.

/Thread locked
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...