Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction & Writing

Utopia: Generation Zero

<< < (3/3)

Tickles:
Here is the next part of the story. After this is one more part, then the serious stuff will happen. I will basically be writing this in episodes, small portions of the story that are part of a larger plot. These was basically the prologue, and I apologize for spreading it out like this, but I have very limited time to write, and use what free time I can to work on the story. When the next part is done, Episode one will be right after.

The three came to a large door. Archie held the robot in one hand, and opened it up, revealing large training room on the other side. Dagen could hardly believe it. There were machines of different sorts, some that he could guess their function, the others he couldn't even comprehend. Cilus stared in wide eyed amazement. Archie placed the robot down, right next to a second robot. This one seemed powered down, and not in ready condition.

Excuse me one moment.

The robot touched his staff to the powered down unit, and it dimantled immediately. He then removed his own legs, and replaced them with the new ones on the ground. Dagen could see why, the robots old legs looked as though they had very limited movement. The joints were rusted through, and wires were sticking out. With his new legs, he took a step forward, and took a good long look at Dagen. Without a sound, he turned his gaze to Cilus, and did the same.

Well, let's start testing shall we?

Wait, wha....
Wait, wha...

BEfore the two could react, the robot attacked Dagen, and Archie attacked Cilus. Dagen seen the staff come down towards him, but he manged to block with his claw, while Cilus nimbly dodged Archie's punch. The two were away from each other now. The robot came in fast, catching Dagen off guard, and he thrusted his staff forward, knocking Dagen over.

What the hell is this for?!

It's a test, now, give it everything you got.

Cilus was dodging every on of Archie's blows, but he was running out of room. He used his ability to move a chain wrapped around his body, hidden under his clothes, and brought the sharper part just out of the sleeve. When Archie was in range, he took aim, and launched it. Archie seen it last minute, and managed to dodge, but part of his face wrap tore.

That's a new one. Never seen you use those.

You were watching me?!

Dagen was back on his feet, and he charged toward the robot, claw forward, and charged with electricity. The Robot blocked it with his staff, and Dagen released then charge. It had little effect, as the robot absorbed it into his body, and released it out of the staff, knocking Dagen back. Cilus kept swinging the chain, and brought out his second hidden one, this one containing a spiked ball on the end. Archie simply batted away each hit, but Cilus was quick, and launched the ball right at his forehead with a direct hit. Archie fell back hard. When he got back up, Cilus was ready to attack, but he placed up his hands in surrender. Cilus ceased, and hid his chains again.

Good job.

Dagen and the robot were still fighting, the robot countering every one of his attacks.

I thought more of you. Did I miscalculate?

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Dagen ducked as the staff was swung wide.

All in due time, but it seems like that time will never come.

Dagen was enraged. His claw charged with more energy than it ever did.

That is it! I don't know what this is about...

He ran forward, electricity surging around him.

, but right now, I don't give a damn!

He through a punch at the robot, but it was blocked. The robot took in the energy again, but this time, Dagen increased the output. The robot could barely contain it, and slammed his staff into the ground, getting rid of the extra pressure. Dagen took the opening, and punched the robot in the chest, knocking him down. He went in for one last attack,but the robot surrendered as well.

Well done.

The two were confused at what happened. The robot and Archie stood next to eachother once again.

I'm sorry about that. I wanted to gather data on the potential of your skills and abilities. I devised this test especially for you two. You see, I have been watching you for a while now. It's remarkable how boys as young as you are can survive the harsh environment without any other aid.

The robot began to pace a little.

Wait, if you've been watching us, how come you couldn't use whatever you seen to get data? You almost caved in my chest with that attack.

And I didn't want to resort to my chains ... ever.

Please, forgive our actions. There is a difference between watching a battle, and taking part. Grandfather has your well being in mind.

Dagen and Cilus were startled at how the hulling man called the robot his grandfather. Cilus was trying to figure it out, and Dagen tried not to think about it.

Anyway, you still didn't tell us your name.

I go by many names child, but the most common one I am called is Wrench.

You mean like the tool?

Dagen chuckled to himself at the term. As far as he was concerned, Wrench might as well be a tool. The robot didn't seem to recognize the joke, but Archie got a little stern.

Well, I will say you have exceeded my expectations Cilus. However, Dagen, you still have much to learn. I have decided to allow you to stay for the night, and join Archie on a mission tomorrow. Then we will decide what happens.

What's in it for us?

Warm beds, warm food, and a chance to be part of something greater than yourself.

And if we fail?

It would be in your best interest to succeed.

Dagen couldn't pass this opportunity up. He would take anything if it meant his brother would be safe, and this place was practically a fortress. He gave a nod, as did Cilus. The two were taken to a small room with two beds, two small dressers, and a desk with a lamp on it. Dagen collapsed on one of the beds. Today drained him, and the bed felt nice and warm, and as soft as a cloud. His brother was out before him, and he slowly drifted off to sleep.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version