Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction & Writing

The Writing Support Thread

<< < (2/6) > >>

GrizzlyEatsKids:

--- Quote from: The-Blades-slave on January 18, 2014, 12:57:34 AM ---If I can throw in my opinion, Xetroc, why not both? Maybe he's chosen, but that's not a good thing. Like Absol, a hero, but mistaken and a symbol for bad luck. He's destined for great things, but people dislike him for that. Maybe his predecessor was a failure and a liar, maybe he comes from a really bad family and no one really trusts him, maybe he has a bad past. A chosen one that is an underdog. I dunno, it's something I've considered before, but neither of those are really my style.

And continuing the trend of asking a question from this thread: Which of my characters is the weakest personality wise, and why? What could I do to change them?

--- End quote ---

I kinda like the idea to go with both, could be interesting.

Personally, I've found Ash to be your weakest, at least for as much as I can remember. He just personally seems less interesting than the others to me, and his personality doesn't really stand out. As for how to fix him specifically, I can't say exactly, but to fix some of my characters, I've felt that it helped to sort of break them down a bit. Recount their past, and determine how it would have changed them, defined what's important to them and how those things correspond to the way they react to situations and how their personality develops off of that. Writing down their general likes and dislikes may also help. I also find that when I write, two questions are almost essential in creating a character:
1. What reaction do I want readers to have to this character?
2. Why should readers care about this character?

I know that you had your own profile template you used to make characters, but I did a bunch of research and put together my own. I could send it to you, if you wanted it.

Tickles:
Send me that as well. I have to work on my characters, an area that I do struggle with from time to time.

The-Blades-slave:
Sure, Fenror, shoot me the template.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
Sent them. Currently stuck on appearances for the major characters of my novel right now, which includes revamped versions of Celine, Leon, and Jack. I pretty much have Celine's down, and a rough idea for Jack, but am completely in the dark for Leon. He needs to be a bit more real, so to speak, than his anime-like appearances from RP's. The same goes for Jack and Celine, but Celine's is pretty much done, like I said. Jack needs a little work, and Leon needs A LOT of work. The main problem is finding an appearance that fits their newly revised personality.

Humen:
Is Jack Celine's dead cousin ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version