* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Azurill  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
[Pokedex Entry] Azurill
« on: February 27, 2014, 02:37:21 PM »
Pokemon #298, Azurill, Normal/Fairy Type, Polka Dot Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 0’08” or 0.2 m.
Weight: 4.4 lbs. or 2.0 kg.

Intro:
Azurill is a small, biped, mouse Pokémon. Most of its skin is blue, except for two small white circles on its cheek, and the inside of its round ears which are pink. Azurill carries a blue ball with him, which is about the same size of the rest of the Pokémon. This ball is quite bouncy. The ball is attached to his body with a black zigzag tail. There are also a few other colored Azurill. This color alteration is the result of accumulation of pollution in their parents. Most Azurill are resistent to this kind of color alteration, but some Azurill turn green. This does rarely happen, though, as most waters are not or barely polluted.
The ball has several uses, one of these usage is movement. Azurill uses its tail for jumping by throwing it and getting pulled by it, or for more fun movement such as bouncing on its ball. Azurill can also use the ball to float on water. Another use is the nutrients that are inside the ball. During the time an Azuril is an Azurill, nutrients from the ball move through the tail into the rest of the body. Azurill needs these nutrients to grow and to have the possibility to become a Marill later on. The last known use is attacking with it. Azurill commonly throw their ball to an opponent to attack him.

Diet:
Azurill commonly don’t have to eat much, since their ball provides them with most of the nutrients they need. The first thing they often eat are berries. They like berries best.

Habitat:
Azurill are often found in or near watery areas such as pools, lakes, rivers and the sea. When they are still young, they are mostly found near edges of these kinds. This has probably to do with their parents being (at least partly) water-types. Since Azurill are not, it is safer for them to stay near the edges of lakes, rivers, and such.
When they become older, they start to use their balls to bounce on land, and are also found further away in grassy areas. There have even been sightings of Azurill in forests and on ranches. Researchers think this is the result of Azurill bouncing for too long and ending up lost. There is a possibility that by bouncing for too long, the Azurill becomes confused and forgets where it came from.

Biology:
The ball of Azurill is probably evolved to keep Azurill, a non-water type Pokémon, from drowning. Through time, is also gained nutrients and usage for movement and self-protection. Azurill can often be seen bouncing on its ball. This is the result of an evolutionary process by which nutrients come out of the ball by bouncing on it. Nutrient intake can be managed by this process. After a year, Azurill starts to look around the area more and more and finds round things that resemble their ball. They know that their ball provides them with nutrients and start eating these round things, which are actually very tasty. We know these round objects as berries. When they become older, they become more used to bouncing with their balls and get more stamina to be able to bounce longer. This gets them further away.
Humans often think they are quite cute, especially the more curious female Azurill. This resulted in more females to be taken from the ecosystem and leaving relatively too many man behind. Evolution solved this inbalance by maintaining an 3:1 female:male birth ratio for Azurill. This is the reason why there have been more records of encounters with female Azurill than with males.
Scientists are still confused over why Azurill is not a water-type while his parents are. They think that when the nutrients of the ball are consumed, the ball slowly fills itself with water. The water in the ball slowly manifests as water powers and helps Azurill to learn moves such as Bubblebeam and Surf. This is another reason why it is very important that Azurill are near water’s edges during the beginning of their lives.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Azurill are more common in some regions than in others, but are overall rarely encountered in the wild. They are classified as Class B Pokémon under the Pokemon League Classification. It is prohibited to catch Azurill under the age of one. In their first year, they are very much dependent on their parents and it is seen as Pokémon cruelty to catch them. When they become older and get further away, you may catch them in limited quantities. If, however, you would encounter a very young Azurill which is far away from the edge of a lake, river, or sea, you should immediately contact the nearest PokéCenter to let them know. They will take action to try to get this young Azurill back to his parents. *

-----
* Side note: This could be used for a (small) quest!*
-----
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:09:12 PM by Triloog »
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Azurill
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »
I like your overall writing style, but I'd change a few things:
First, I wouldn't say that pollution is the cause of shiny azurill. It makes it sound like shiny azurill are a bad thing and we all know how much everyone loves shiny pokemon :p
Secondly, you make certain sentences slightly too long. The story about azurill eating things that resemble their ball and turn out to be berries is cute, but you could make it a bit shorter.
Finally, I seriously disagree with you making Azurill a Class B pokemon. It's not rare in any way, so Class D will do. honey, I know you love azurill, but there's no reason this should reflect on other people's azurill catching quota :p

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:16:52 PM »
I think Azurill does fit under Class D, but maybe pseudo class F since it's usually obtainable from an egg, thus making it a highly breedable pokemon. And remember, science Triloog. A story is good here and there, but if it can be explained through scientific terms, go for it. :)
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
I tried to improve upon this entry:

Pokemon #298, Azurill, Normal/Fairy Type, Polka Dot Pokémon.

Average measurements:
Height: 0’08” or 0.2 m.
Weight: 4.4 lbs. or 2.0 kg.

Intro:
Azurill is the pre-evolved form of Marill and Azumarill, and was discovered somewhat recently.
Azurill is a small, biped mouse Pokémon. Most of its skin is blue, except for two small white circles on its cheek, and the inside of its round ears which are pink. Azurill carries a blue ball with him, which is about the same size of the rest of the Pokémon. This ball is quite bouncy. The ball is attached to his body with a black zigzag tail.

Diet:
Azurill commonly don’t have to eat much, since their ball provides them with most of the nutrients they need. Nonetheless, they often eat berries.

Habitat:
Azurill are often found in or near watery areas such as pools, lakes, rivers and the sea. When they become older, they start to use their balls to bounce on land, and are also found further away in grassy areas. There have also been sightings of Azurill in forests and on ranches.

Biology:
Azurill’s ball has several uses, one of these usage is movement. Azurill uses its tail for jumping by throwing it and getting pulled by it, or for movement by bouncing on its ball. Azurill can also use the ball to float on water. Another use are the nutrients inside the ball. Azurill needs these nutrients to grow and to become a Marill later on. It absorbs the nutrients by pumping them into its body, which is achieved by bouncing on the ball. The last known use is attacking with it by throwing their ball to an opponent.
Although Azurill is not a water pokemon, it has no trouble with swimming, although it takes some time to fully develop its swimming skills.
When they become older, they become more used to bouncing with their balls and get more stamina to be able to bounce longer. This gets them further away. After a year, Azurill starts to look around the area more and more and develops an interest for round things that resemble their ball. They instinctively know that their ball provides them with nutrients and will eat similar things, such as berries.
Scientists are still confused over why Azurill is not a water-type while his parents are. It is speculated that when the nutrients of the ball are consumed, the ball slowly fills itself with water. The water in the ball slowly manifests as water powers which help Azurill to learn moves such as Bubblebeam and Surf. It needs to be in the vicinity of open water to fully develop these skills.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class D. In recent activity, Azurill has been downgraded from class F to class D. The limitation of obtaining Azurill by breeding Marill or Azumarill with a Sea Incense still holds ground, but for some reason, Azurill has been sighted in certain environments more often. This may be because populations of Marill have obtained a Sea Incense, but this has not been confirmed. In regions where Azurill appear, catching is unrestricted.