* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Corsola for Triloog  (Read 2352 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Corsola for Triloog
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:51:40 PM »
Pokemon #222, Corsola, Water/Rock type, Coral Pokemon

Corsola is a gentle pokemon that is known for its prized coral growths, and for harboring the town of Pacifidlog. Corsola is a pink, round pokemon with a white underside and some white spots on the sides. Corsola has 4 large, branched growths on its back, and a single smaller horn-like stump on its forehead. It has two small arms and four small white legs. It is typically seen with a cheerful demeanor.

Habitat: Corsola typically lives in the oceanic regions with shallow water, slow currents and a warm environment. Large populations of Corsola thrive in these environments, while smaller populations may be found in cooler areas. Corsola colonies are an indication of a healthy environment, as it is unable to live in polluted areas.

Food: Corsola is able to sift plankton and algea from the currents of the ocean water. It feeds on these microscopic organisms.

Biology: As mentioned before, Corsola are unable to live in polluted environments. Corsola’s branches decolorate and lose their structural integrity due to pollution, and often crumble off.
Corsola are able to grow and expand in the right conditions. Their branches grow quickly and Corsola sheds these several times in the course of weeks. In the case of a very healthy environment, the shed branches may aggregate on the ocean floor and create large piles that may be used as settlements for other pokemon and even humans. Pacifidlog Town is the best-known settlement of this type. Pacifidlog Town was long thought to be built solely on living Corsola, but deep probing revealed that the inside of the colony was actually a collection of Corsola sheddings. The quick regeneration of the branches has allowed Corsola to develop the move recover, as well as the ability natural cure.
Corsola has evolved its ability to quickly regrow its branches in order to deal with erosion from the currents. Naturally, a Corsola will retain roughly the same size, though environments with slow currents will allow it to grow quickly
Corsola’s branches are very valuable and treasured by many as gems of the ocean. Since healthy Corsola grow quickly and shed their branches many times, Corsola farms have arisen in certain areas. The PLC and the Pokemon Health Organisation do not allow farmers to keep large populations in order to protect the well-being of the pokemon. Additionally, the farms are self-regulating, since a farm that abuses Corsola will quickly find out that the lack of coral growth will severely kill profits. Additionally, any such a farm will be heavily fined, but the general trend is that Corsola farmers treat their pokemon exceptionally well.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class D.
Corsola is a pokemon that multiplies quickly in healthy environments, so catching is usually unrestricted. The people of Pacifidlog have specifically requested a restriction of Corsola over-fishing in the region, since a lack of Corsola may cause instabilities of the village. In areas with less beneficial conditions for Corsola, catching may be restricted.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:09:36 PM by fuzzy3158 »

Offline Triloog

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • My deviant art page. Work in progress. :P
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Corsola for Triloog
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:11:40 PM »
Great entry fuzzy! :)

I like the way you present Corsola. It gives Corsola more character and explains a lot.

I'd love to see more of your entries. :)
Please don't copy paste my avatar. I've made it myself. :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Corsola for Triloog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 04:42:11 PM »
Approved. Nice work. Don't really have a comment on it.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword