* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Froslass for Flamelass  (Read 2651 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Froslass for Flamelass
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
Pokemon #478, Froslass, Ice/Ghost type, Snow Land pokemon

Intro: Froslass is an elegant pokemon that appears as though it is dressed in a white kimono. Its purple head is covered by a white shell that is shaped like a sideways droplet. The white shell has two big round holes where Froslass’ yellow and blue eyes are, which also show part of her purple head, as well as a diamond-shaped hole in the middle. Two horn-like ice crystals are on top of the head.
The sides of the white shell extend into white, draping arms that look like sleeves. Three small fingers are at the end of each arm, and the arms are decorated with a light-blue hexagon and a finn-like shape.
The body is hollow, and looks like a slim, white body without legs or arms, with a large red ribbon tied around the middle.

Habitat: Froslass dwells in mountainous regions, often only seen during winter when there is snow. Since the occurrence of Froslass requires a Dawn Stone, Froslass is only spotted as a wild pokemon in regions where these stones appear naturally.

Diet: Froslass is not known to naturally consume anything for sustenance, but she may consume rare candies, poffins, pokeblocks and berries when these are presented to her by a trainer.

Biology: Froslass’ internal temperature is roughly -50 °C. It is able to use its breath at that temperature as a weapon to freeze opponents. It is said that Froslass keeps a collection of frozen victims in its lair. Froslass is able to use illusions to throw pursuers off track and lead helpless victims to their doom.
In battle, Froslass relies mostly on trickery and speed to outwit its opponents. Moves like Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Double Team and Icy Wind all come naturally to Froslass and she is proficient with all. Froslass also has a wide plethora of damaging moves such as Blizzard, Shadow Ball. These moves are supplemented with Wake-Up Slap and electrical attacks such as Thunderbolt, which broaden Froslass' coverage to allow a good match-up against most pokemon.
Froslass' elegance is sometimes used in special and traditional performances, which trainers and other people in the audience often describe as 'captivating'. Indeed, Froslass uses these dance moves to Captivate and confound opponents as well as viewers of shows and battles.
Froslass is said to be the spirit of a woman who was lost in the mountains. The entire history of this event is described in the following section.

History*:
Once upon a time, there was a woman whose name was lost with the ages. The woman had just been wed with the love of her life, and they were on their way home in a carriage. A tragic accident caused the husband to fall from the carriage, plunging to his death even before they had shared their wedding night.
The woman was stricken with grief. Feeling that she would be unable to join her husband in death, she set out on a journey into the snow-covered mountains, seeking her demise. “My beautiful white kimono would surely prevent anyone from finding me in the snow”, she thought.
It was there, while the freezing grasp of winter was taking hold of her, that she was found by the legendary pokemon Articuno. She recognised the pokemon as the savior of those lost in the mountains, and pleaded to him: “Please! Articuno! Do not save me! Let me embrace death here. I no longer have the desire to live, and instead wish to join my husband in the afterlife.”
Although he was deeply saddened by her words, Articuno complied with her wish, and decided to watch over her in her last moments.
As she was on the verge of death, her spirit was able to connect with her husband’s. He spoke to her from the afterlife:
“My beautiful wife. I am filled with joy that I may share these parting words with you, but it would only bring me sadness if you were to join me in death already. You still have the potential to life a great and significant life without me. Please live on to the fullest in my memory. I will love you forever and come back for you when it is truly your time to join me.”
Hearing these words, the woman immediately changed her mind about her dying wish. However, her body was already too far gone to be saved.
Articuno, with his mind reading ability, sensed the womans change of mind. With his mythical powers, he bestowed upon the woman’s spirit, the form of a pokemon, resurrecting her with his icy powers.
The woman shed her mortal form and became Froslass, the first of her species. The woman was truly happy with her newly given chance to fulfill her late husband’s dying wish. Her happiness manifested itself as a pokemon egg. From this egg, Snorunt was born, who to this day still remains a symbol of happiness and prosperity.
However, with the passing of her feelings on to this child, Froslass was unable to fully pass on her spiritual powers. While she birthed many more Snorunt, none of them was her equal. Many of them would eventually evolve into Glalie, an incomplete reflection of Froslass’ grace and being. This did not sadden Froslass, as she valued each Glalie and Snorunt in their own right. It was not until many years after the first Froslass had rejoined her husband in the afterlife, that a female Snorunt came across a Dawn Stone. The unfulfilled spiritual potential, that was left in all female members of the species, was catalyzed by the stone, which allowed her to finally return into the form of her ancestor, bringing the origin of the pokemon full circle.

Pokemon League Commission notes: Class D.
The PLC advises all trainers who go on a suicidal quest to catch a wild Froslass to not even attempt this feat. Froslass are extremely rare, very protective of their territory and their ability to use illusions to throw trainers off track has led to the demise of even the better prepared trainers. The PLC is not afraid of losing the wild population of Froslass rather than losing the lives of trainers trying to. Trainers are instead advised to catch or breed Snorunt and use a Dawn Stone to obtain Froslass.

*Credit goes to Triloog for having a fruitful discussion with me that lasted more than two hours and led to this story.

Disclaimer: This entry became more of a fairy tale than a pokedex entry. I'm not going to comment on the quality, but if there's any problem with that, then this may not be the best location for this story. If this is no problem, CYO.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 05:15:11 PM by fuzzy3158 »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Froslass for Flamelass
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »
Hmm, I'm going to make a small suggestion. Try to lengthen the bio a bit more. Maybe include its presence in battle. As for the history, I like it, and will find a use for it, though I can't tell you exactly what I plan to put it as.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Froslass for Flamelass
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
Yeah it (bio) is short. There's also some coverage of biology stuff in the history, but I expanded upon the Biology anyways. Thanks for the feedback :)