* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Eelektross  (Read 2582 times)

Offline Shalamyne

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Eelektross
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »
#604 Eelektross ( The EleFish Pokémon)

Intro
Eelektross is an lamprey-like Pokémon , with a long antenna-like finned limb that prolongates from its head . It has red eyes, blue body, and it retains sharp clawed, oar-like arms with yellow spots and yellow-and-red palms. It has a tan fin on the upper portion of its body and tan fin-like legs below.

Diet
Eelektross eat anything that they can get their mouths attached too. They eat by sucking the blood out of its prey, slowly weaking it, then once the prey can barely move, it devours it. If there is no food available around them, it will find a electrical source and use it for food.

Habitat
Eelektross live usually anywhere where deep water can be found, but there have been reports that Eelektross have been seen living near power plants. They group with Tynamo and Eelektrik and other Eelektross, usually around 20-50 per group

Biology
Eelektross can attach themselves too passing Gyarados or Wailords for transportion. Many Eelektross are used to power hydroelectrical communties. In ancient folklore, They were thought to be sea demons that will attach themselves to ships, then once night came, they would drag crew members to the bottom of the ocean.

Pokemon League Commission notes
Since they are used to power communites, This pokemon is categorized as a Class C under the Endangered Pokemon Act. Under this categorization, this pokemon is obtainable through the wild and evolution, but rarely seen in the wild. It is allowed in battle, The hunting of this pokemon is unacceptable, and punishable by 50,000 goldz and 3-5 years in prison
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 01:19:51 AM by Shalamyne »

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Eelektross
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »
That's already a lot better for a start. You still based the description on the bulbapedia entry, but I can see you took the effort to change what you could, so it's fine :)

I'm actually surprised at where the pokedex says this familiy of pokemon lives, since you can only catch tynamo in the chargestone caverns and seaside cave. You did your research very well! Maybe add something about the pokemon living in caves?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Eelektross
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »
A good start, but the bio needs more. I think this pokemon is very interesting. You have a lot of free range with this. I will post another entry of mine , but take a look at Venusaur. In that one, you will notice that you have to get creative, and by creative, I mean make something up that seems plausible. Yes, you can use scientific terms where it matters, but afterwards, you elaborate on it, and that's where the creativity flows, while maintaining that scientific feel.

Second, never copy and paste something. When using something as a reference, it means you get the general idea, or one point,  and use that to get your idea going or topic going. In no way does that mean to copy anything. Take a look at fuzzy's entries. He can describe a poke and the special properties, and never copied an entire section of bulbapedia.

I don't want to discourage you, I do want you to keep trying at it. We all have to start somewhere, and I can tell you have potential. You just need to work at it.

And fuzzy, if you're wondering why I gave this member a longer critique that I give you, that's because your work is top notch, and I only comment where needed.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword