* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Vulpix for BlazingNinetales  (Read 3203 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Vulpix for BlazingNinetales
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
Pokemon #037, Vulpix, Fire type, Fox pokemon.

Intro: Vulpix is a firefox that is best known to be the counterpart of Growlithe. Vulpix is a small pokemon with four tiny paws and six tails. Its coat is mostly red, with a cream-colored underbelly. The six curled tails and the three curls on its head are exceptionally bright. Its paws have three toes and are covered in a darker fur than the rest of the body. It has large, clear, grey eyes, pointy ears and a small black nose.

Habitat: Vulpix are known to inhabit open fields, forests and areas that are known to be related to fire, such as volcanoes and burnt-down buildings. Vulpix shares this niche with Growlithe, and has a fierce rivalry with that pokemon. You will never find Growlithe and Vulpix in the same region, since dominant Growlithe populations actively chase out Vulpix minorities. This also happens vice-versa when Vulpix are dominant.

Diet: Vulpix will eat berries and other fruits, but will also hunt birds and small rodents. Pidgey and Rattata are common on Vulpix’ predatory diet.

As a newborn, Vulpix only has a single white tail, that splits into six red tails as it grows older. During this incomplete form, other properties of Vulpix are yet to be properly defined, the most important one being its cry. While an adult Vulpix cries out its name, there is a lot of speculation on the cry of a young Vulpix, and the perceived possible cries are very diverse, some even bordering on preposterous.
While there are many pokemon with a beautiful fur coating, Vulpix’ fur is prized for its exceptional quality. Some would even go as far as to call it divine or angelic.
Vulpix is born with an ever-burning flame inside its body which it uses for its fire-attacks. The flame gives Vulpix an entire lifetime of experience with manipulating and using this flame, granting it mastery over very accurate and precise fire attacks. In the summer, Vulpix will periodically use fire-attacks to prevent the internal flame from overheating its body. It is able to learn powerful fire-type moves such as Flamethrower relatively fast.
Vulpix protects its family by digging a hole, or den, underground. Newborn Vulpix in the wild are rarely seen and stay inside until the tail has split into six.
When Vulpix encounters a powerful adversary, it will often faint an injury in order to get away. This behavior sounds contradictory, since predators are known to target weakened prey more often, but it works for Vulpix for some reason.
Vulpix has a mysterious nature, and is able to use all sorts of occult moves such as Confuse Ray, Will-o-Wisp, Grudge, Hex, Imprison and Extrasensory. It is not as proficient at using these moves yet, but this ability improves greatly after evolution.
Some fire pokemon have a rather unique way of interpersonal communication. Vulpix and Ponyta sometimes choose to communicate using short and long bursts of fire. This is mostly the case when long distances need to be bridged. Scientists have not unraveled the specifics of this communication method yet, but recent findings indicate a language structure similar to Morse code.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class D: Although Vulpix are relatively uncommon pokemon, the population is at such a level that the PLC deems restrictions unnecessary. Vulpix regulate their own numbers well by shying away from most encounters with trainers and fleeing when needed.

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Vulpix for BlazingNinetales
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
It's so awesome in the pure light of awesomeness...!!
*noms on fire stone*
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
I'm glad you like it :D
Did you find the easter egg? ;)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »
What does the Fox say?! That had given me just the biggest smile. I will add it later.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline BlazingNinetails

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:42:16 PM »
I'm glad you like it :D
Did you find the easter egg? ;)
errrrr >.>
What does the Fox say?! That had given me just the biggest smile. I will add it later.
We will not downgrade foxes with that stupid song.
PokeDex Info:
Type:Fire/Dark
Fox Pokemon
Likes chewing on fire stones and has split tails like Vulpix and can uses it's ability like Zoroark to change into people.