Official Forums > News & Announcements

Become a PU balance tester

<< < (2/6) > >>

Roloc:
We still have plenty of megas out there so don't be afraid to try your hand at it! If you want your voice to be heard on what happens to a pokemon that's being balanced, this is the way to do it. Become a tester!

TrainerX:
I would apply again (and actually, you know, balance pokemon), but I'm not familiar with the 5th and 6th gen pokemon. I didn't get into White much, and I don't have a 3ds to play X or Y on. I actually only know of three pokemon from the 6th generation, and those are the starters. On top of that, I've forgotten nearly everything that I had learned about competitive battling for the 4th gen, so I'm useless now. Maybe I'll get into competitive battling again, I need something to learn that involves strategy again anyway. I might be capable of balancing by the time you recruit testers again.

Roloc:
Testers won't be balancing pokemon. Just testing out pokemon that have been balanced by the balancers and reporting on them. Maybe the tester found out that a certain pokemon can set up 100% of the time and sweep very easily, or that a certain pokemon just simply "sucks" or is outclassed by other pokemon, if so, we want them to let us know in a special place on the forums that only testers and admins can see.

I added the balancing part of the competition to help me see if the person truly does know what they are talking about, pokemon wise.

You don't need to know anything about 5th and 6th gen, you can test and report on 1-4th gen if you want. There are tons of pokemon that still need testing.

TrainerX:
I guess that just shows how much testing I did as a balance tester xD

By balancing, I meant offering suggestions to the actual balancers on what needs to be balanced.

Even if I could just do 1-4th gen, I still don't know enough about competitive battling yet to justify even trying to apply. Unless everything comes rushing back to me and I can magically learn all the things I would need to know before the testers are selected, I'll just have to wait.

Roloc:
You should join us on the balance server and give it a whirl. Pokemon is like riding a bike, you never forget how. Though you will have a few new things to learn that came into gen 6. Such as new weather changes, type effectiveness changes, etc. But yeah, competition is open to all, no matter your pokemon skill level. Though only a few will be selected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version