* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Pokedex Entry] Diglett  (Read 3400 times)

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
[Pokedex Entry] Diglett
« on: April 08, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »
Pokemon #50, Diglett, Ground type, Mole pokemon.

Intro: Diglett is a small pokemon that is mostly known for the mystery regarding its legs. It looks like a small brown sausage, partly burrowed, with a red, oval-shaped nose and two beady, black eyes.

Habitat: Diglett lives mostly underground. Their most famous dwelling is the Diglett Cave in Kanto, and they are known to reside in similar caverns all over the world. They also inhabit mountainous regions.

Diet: Diglett mostly feeds on the roots of trees and plants, which it finds underground.

Biology: Diglett spends its entire life at least partly burrowed in the ground. Due to this, no one has yet to see one's complete body. Wild theories regarding Diglett's lower body exist, with the most credible ones being that Diglett simply has two small feet.
Diglett's movement naturally leaves behind a trail of perfectly plowed soil.
Diglett is very environmentally aware and active. It will plow soil and plant trees to shape its environment. Diglett will also actively sabotage any operation that threatens its environment. They are also known to dig large tunnels from one settlement to another, with the most famous one being Diglett Cave in Kanto.
Diglett's most notorious special ability is Arena Trap. By plowing around the area, Diglett makes it impossible for a non-airborne opponent to leave the battle. During encounters with wild Diglett, this has led to much trouble for starting trainers. Especially those with fire-type starters, who are weak to Diglett's signature move, Dig. In trainer battles, Arena Trap often leads to a strategic advantage for the user, as electric types find themselves trapped and facing their doom.
Diglett has a rather broad movepool, with many moves that do not appear to make sense. Diglett can use many slashing and clawing moves such as Aerial Ace, Slash and Sucker Punch, which normally require appendages. It is hypothesized that Diglett has appendages below the surface, and that it uses these at a speed that cannot be detected by the human eye. Some people claim that Diglett even moves at the speed of light, but this is scientifically impossible, since any object nearing that speed burst into flame spontaneously due to air friction.

Pokemon League Commission notes:
Class D: No specific guidelines or restrictions are implemented towards Diglett.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: [Pokedex Entry] Diglett
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »
I like your Pokedex entries, I could never come up with stuff like this or know how to word it right, great job! :D
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:39:34 PM »
I really like this one because of the crazy theories such as the burst of flames, but come now, Diglett is an earthworm. -.-
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline fuzzy3158

• Pokédex Extraordinaire
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:48 PM »
I really like this one because of the crazy theories such as the burst of flames, but come now, Diglett is an earthworm. -.-

Well actually, meteors in the atmosphere also burn up due to air friction so anything travelling at the speed of light outside of a vacuum is quite sure to burn up ;)

I like your Pokedex entries, I could never come up with stuff like this or know how to word it right, great job! :D