Official Forums > News & Announcements

Website offline and future of PU

<< < (3/12) > >>

Roloc:

--- Quote from: Miss Wednesday on June 28, 2015, 02:32:27 AM ---My life literally started because of this project, thank you for starting it even though it will most likely never be a game, I'd like to thank you, if it wasn't for Pokemon-Universe I wouldn't be with Roloc and we wouldn't have 2 awesome boys, I'll never forget how my family started <3

--- End quote ---

This is why I hate to see PU go. My life is forever better because of my fiancé and I meeting on here.

The-Blades-slave:
I think most people saw this coming a while ago. In terms of what to do with the site, I've personally got no idea; for a while, it was pretty much just a forum for roleplaying, but most of us lost interest. Other than that, it's always just been a chat forum (at least in my days), and I can't see how that could change. Most likely because I'm an uncreative, unoriginal jackass.

Roloc, if you ever start a regular server make sure to tell me somehow. I could drag Meowth and Cortex on occasionally, and I'll probably use it a lot myself. How often actually depends on if I can find someone to hire me, but I'll still have a decent amount of free time.

To everyone else, it was nice talking to those of you I met. A lot of you quit just about the time I started because of some reason or another (I thought I heard something about someone though the forum had gone to poop, but people may have just gotten bored), but it was still enjoyable reading your old posts in forums and RPs. This place got me through a point in my life that wasn't exactly the brightest, and I'll always owe it that much. It also turned me into a decently intelligent teenager, instead of some illiterate brat who thought he could write lol.

Mr_Dark:
I understand this is hard for some (myself included), because we've been through a lot. The easy way out would be to let the site continue as a Pokemon community. We'd just remove all the MMO related pages and forum boards. Then we'd assign some new Admins who're going to advertise and run the site.

What I read in your replies is that the new pokemon-universe.com could focus on General pokemon chit chat, role playing and the balance server. It would probably not attract the big crowd, but just the people who are interested in RPing or playing competitive pokemon.

Might not be much, but atleast the site will not go away.

Yume Tsuki:
Though I seem like the most sustainable pixel artist around here. I could not bring up any motivation to work on the project at all. :/

When I started here for the first time, we had quite a bunch of pixel artists. I was very motivated and submitted a lot of work. Then the whole pixel art section died, and there were no more pixel artists except me. I have done a few things to try and get pixel artists here, but I never got any answer of sorts. Then Bryan came along who went to rally up whatever was left of the pixel artist crew. And apparently I was the only one to answer, then all the art we had got scrapped since we had a better pixel artist who knew what he was doing. (A lot of the pixel art work couldn't be called pixelart for the fact that textures were cheated up with photoshop.) and I got pushed in the section of coming up with designs for characters since the design a trainer contest, which was meant to get a bunch of active pixelartists from the pool of the PU community, giving people some self-esteem that they can actually do it. New pixelartist didn't really stay that long, and eventually bryan barely had any time either because of personal issues. And I didn't really feel like doing NPC's because I HATE animating things for it's repetitiveness.

I've seen things livening up just to see it shizzle into nothingness again. And nothing really motivated me to be working on the project. I had some short sparks, but they were really short. And it never really helped when I did a call-out for help without any answer to it.

Then again, I never minded being here. I had my own share of fun. And it was great until it couldn't last. Though I would certainly agree to make this forum into a community instead of a game, it would be a shame to shut it down while there are many memories lasting here. And this forum hasn't died out at all yet. We just need some more stuff to talk about except for just RP's and how the game is not going to ever be released.

Flynt:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version