Official Forums > News & Announcements

Website offline and future of PU

<< < (2/12) > >>

Ursaring:
So it has happened then. Well this has been a long time coming I would say. I loved playing on the balance server when it was still going ,and I learned so much their from Roloc and the others about competitive pokemon. Hope the site gets turned into something decent!

Monzta:

--- Quote from: Mr_Dark on June 26, 2015, 10:16:37 AM ---Over the years we've worked on PU with great enthusiasm, but we had a lot of set backs - mainly regarding art. Of course we could have used sprites from the original games, but we were too proud because we didn't want to be like all the other games. Looking back at it, it would have been better to use the original art and then later upgrade it, but yea, we were young back then and didn't knew better.

Time passed by and more people on team started to lose interest in the game, Pokemon in general or maybe they (like me and Urmel) graduated and started working full-time. I work full-time as a developer and even if I wanted to I can't find the motivation at night to code on some other project (even thou I have a couple going on). I'd rather load up Guild Wars 2 and play that for a while before heading to bed (btw, I'm also guild leader of one of the bigger PvE guilds in GW2 - 400 members).

Anyway back on topic. In the last 2 years or so I've tried to re-ignite the spark and get this game going again, but failed due to lack of time and people. For those who think it's easy to run a project like this. It's not. From the front it might seem easy but there's a lot going on behind the curtains which you never get to witness.

Everyone who ever worked on this project did this for free because they liked the idea and wanted to donate some of their free time.
I'm very grateful to everyone I've worked with and met during this project.

--- End quote ---

Well then.  I guess that's a farewell. It was fun entering this community as a pre-pubescent child, and leaving as a university student. Much lolz were had.

Maybe you could donate ownership of the Dropbox group and all of its content to some developers on reddit or some other forum?

If anyone wants to keep in contact with me, my Steam username is sjert, or you can add my skype shown in my signature :)

TrainerX:
Even though I was an edgy, annoying 12 year old when I joined, I still have fond memories of this forum. I met some really awesome people, learned some valuable lessons, and had a lot of fun. I'm not going to lie; this community definitely had its ups and downs, but I'm really going to miss this place.

Also, I want to thank the PU Team. You guys have gotten a lot of shit over the years, and a lot of people didn't really appreciate all of the work that you guys have put into this project. Thanks for dedicating so much of your own time to developing this game. You guys are awesome.

Roloc:

--- Quote from: Ursaring on June 27, 2015, 03:27:45 AM ---So it has happened then. Well this has been a long time coming I would say. I loved playing on the balance server when it was still going ,and I learned so much their from Roloc and the others about competitive pokemon. Hope the site gets turned into something decent!

--- End quote ---

I'd actually still have it running if more people got on. I had been thinking about starting a normal server but keep the PU name so that more people would join since the balanced pokemon wasn't to interesting to most competitive players.

Miss Wednesday:
My life literally started because of this project, thank you for starting it even though it will most likely never be a game, I'd like to thank you, if it wasn't for Pokemon-Universe I wouldn't be with Roloc and we wouldn't have 2 awesome boys, I'll never forget how my family started <3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version