* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Berries  (Read 7163 times)

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Berries
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »
Obviously these came a big part of pokemon since gold/silver/crystal.  Since there are going to be alot of people roaming around taking berries, i think you should be able to grow some in your house!

You can buy berries at a special mart, and on different days, SOME new berries will be there, and some will not. 

- Average berries
Respawn once every 10 minutes.  These would be berries such as poisen cure, paralysis, and sleep.

-Not so average berries
The harder to find berries, such as 10hp, 10pp, confusion/freeze/burn heal.

Respawn once every 20 minutes.

-Rare berries
+30 hp, heals all status problems.  Respawn once an hour.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Berries
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:32:56 PM »
Not much of a bad idea, have a career of being a harvester and these berries could sell for a lot or use them for your own benefits. nice idea

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 04:22:13 PM »
Despite this has been discussed already and that no final answer was given, I find that the respawn time for berries is too small. However, if by respawn, you mean switch from one stage of the berry to another, then, I guess that'll be okay.

One problem lies though. It's an MMO and there can be dozens of players ready to pick a rare berry and to do so, they'll patiently wait in front of the plot of land and take all the berries themselves.

If the idea that one player can plant his/her own berry plants and no other player can get those berries is an alternative to that. Then, the 'job' of cultivating/harvesting berries will become a full job.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 12:25:47 AM »
What do you mean a "full job"?  My mom has a garden with fruits, vegetables, and flowers but she isn't a farmer of a florist

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
  • The keys of Destiny are waiting to open your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »
Hehe, I don't think that's what he meant by a "Full Job" Taze.
Okay I will give you an example, say you're out on a berry hunt, and you know exactly where there are some rare berries. You get there in time but by the time you get there, there is someone already there who picked them all.

So, if I am correct, he means that in order to get berries in the game you'll have to sit and wait for a berry to grow fully before you can pick it; and pick it before anyone else.
Kilik: Dragon By Birth, Alchemist by Nature.

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:17:52 AM »
Thats why you should be able to grow them at your house when you get one

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 02:22:27 AM »
hopefully the berries you grow at home would be on a different timer than the ones in the wild. Just say that the ones in your house take 2 or 3 times as long to mature or be ready to pick, since you are the only one who has access to them.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 02:38:17 AM »
Or make them hard to find, so other people get discouraged from picking them.

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:45:51 AM »
mhmm I got an idea I dont know if its been mention but how about seeds to plant at your house or backyard to get some berries.

These seeds could be recovered from hidden caves or quests. There should be a limit on how many trees you at your house or backyard like 3-5 if this were to become a job like to level up, it can raise the number of trees that can be at your house or number of berries that you can get from the trees you are growing or lessen respawning time for the berries to come back. The rare seeds that can get you rare berries should only get you lets say 1 berry and they respawn back lets say 24 or 12 hours and for the less valuable depending on how valuable you could get 2-10 berries and they respawn back like 1-5 hours depending on how valuable. This could be a trainable skill.

so what do you say?

EDIT* awww Taze said the idea first well im not going waste this time of typing for nothing
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:01:35 AM by YouHearThat »
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:51 AM »
From what I think... the rare berries should be taken out or not able to be used in game but however can only have one or use RARE Berries as costumes for your character. The average berries will be used as hold, healing, just like how the berries are used.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 05:09:13 AM »
That would be pretty cool unlocking costumes for the rare berries.

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »

mhmm I got an idea I dont know if its been mention but how about seeds to plant at your house or backyard to get some berries.

These seeds could be recovered from hidden caves or quests. There should be a limit on how many trees you at your house or backyard like 3-5 if this were to become a job like to level up, it can raise the number of trees that can be at your house or number of berries that you can get from the trees you are growing or lessen respawning time for the berries to come back. The rare seeds that can get you rare berries should only get you lets say 1 berry and they respawn back lets say 24 or 12 hours and for the less valuable depending on how valuable you could get 2-10 berries and they respawn back like 1-5 hours depending on how valuable. This could be a trainable skill.

so what do you say?

EDIT* awww Taze said the idea first well im not going waste this time of typing for nothing

That actually gave me an idea, what if you could upgrade your house? Something like From Animal Crossing. Hmm, Like you could go to a certain person in a certain town and give him a certain amount of money and your certain house, gets a certain upgrade. (Lol Yes I am aware that I used to many certain's in that but I wanted to keep up the train.)
Like the interior gets wider for more space. Your back yard gets wider as well. OH!!!! Do we have to use our backyard for berries? Can we use it as like a place to put our pokemon and leave them there until we need them for something. But we're just to lazy to go to a pokemon center. XD

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »

so what do you say?

That actually gave me an idea, what if you could upgrade your house? Something like From Animal Crossing. Hmm, Like you could go to a certain person in a certain town and give him a certain amount of money and your certain house, gets a certain upgrade. (Lol Yes I am aware that I used to many certain's in that but I wanted to keep up the train.)
Like the interior gets wider for more space. Your back yard gets wider as well. OH!!!! Do we have to use our backyard for berries? Can we use it as like a place to put our pokemon and leave them there until we need them for something. But we're just to lazy to go to a pokemon center. XD
mhmm maybe combine both ideas to make a super one?? and these certain ppl that provide upgrades will be very hidden?

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

so what do you say?

mhmm maybe combine both ideas to make a super one?? and these certain ppl that provide upgrades will be very hidden?

Lol Nah, Why should they be hidden? They want to make money after all. Lol maybe you should make your upgrades to your house in an item shop where you buy furniture or stuff. XP But Hidden is good, makes people want to find them making them play longer. Okay how about one guy will let you buy an upgrade if you beat him in a pokemion battle. (Fairly Strong.) One guy charges you an almost insane amount of money for it. Meh these are only examples there's nothing definite.

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »
interesting ...