* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Badge Ideas  (Read 19943 times)

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Badge Ideas
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 05:23:20 AM »
I think most of these ideas are pretty rough to be honest. I hope the developers have some great ideas.

If they don't already have an idea for this, I'm sure they will soon regarding this thread. :)

Offline Pika

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »
I have ideas for titles for different achievements and abilities that come with them:
It will be organized as follows:
Achievement-title-ability

-Win 10 pvp single battles -Competitor
-20-Fighter
-50-Brawler
-100-Champion
-150-Master
-250-Destroyer
-500-Almighty
-1000-T3h 1337 M3g4 M45t3r

Win 10 pvp double battles-Competitor
-20-Smart
-50-Strategist
-100-Doubles master
-150-Doubles hero
-250-Doubles destroyer
-500-Doubles Pwn3r
-1000-Godlike Skillz

-Catch 10 grass type-Grass stained-2% increase in grass pokemon damage vs. WILD pokemon only
25-Gardener-5% bonus
50-Cultivator-10% bonus
All-Grass Master-20% bonus

The same bases from grass applies to all types, I'm just going to name the titles:

Fire
10-Burning
25-Blazing
50-Pyro
All-Fire Master

Water
10-Droplet
25-Doused
50-Drenched
All-Water Master

You guys can come up with the rest...
I know some weren't that good, but you may change them, in fact, please change the bad ones! ;)

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2010, 10:10:50 PM »
Honestly I don't think titles should affect or be affected by anything.  You've got the title and you can use it to make your character look more badass or cute or cool or something like that.  We allready get buffed from getting trainer experience, there should be something that says "Hey! Grats! Here's your title that tells everybody that you've achieved something great!"  I like the rewards idea though. 

I also have some possible idea for badges.  (These are just some random ideas, not to go with sometype).

1. Scythe Badge
2. Knockout Badge
3. Raging Badge
4. Legend Badge (this'd be a high-up badge)
5. Aerial Badge
6. Awaken Badge
7. Mountain Badge
8. Blasting Badge
9. Breath Badge
10. Command Badge

I can probably think up a few more, if you like the badge ideas I'll cook up some more.

I'm with Duke on this one you guys. Titles should be for cosmetic purposes only, in my opinion.  :-\

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 11:12:44 PM »
Yea i guess I can agree with this. Would cause less trouble lol, be more of a bragging right than anything.

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
  • The keys of Destiny are waiting to open your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 11:30:17 PM »
Honestly I don't think titles should affect or be affected by anything.  You've got the title and you can use it to make your character look more badass or cute or cool or something like that.  We allready get buffed from getting trainer experience, there should be something that says "Hey! Grats! Here's your title that tells everybody that you've achieved something great!"  I like the rewards idea though. 

I also have some possible idea for badges.  (These are just some random ideas, not to go with sometype).

1. Scythe Badge
2. Knockout Badge
3. Raging Badge
5. Aerial Badge
6. Awaken Badge
7. Mountain Badge
8. Blasting Badge
9. Breath Badge
10. Command Badge

I can probably think up a few more, if you like the badge ideas I'll cook up some more.

I'm with Duke on this one you guys. Titles should be for cosmetic purposes only, in my opinion.  :-\

Yeah, now that I think about it. I'm sure having a buff with a title is a little bit too much. I agree with Duke as well. Titles should be for show, and show only. No need to have them do something. As well, titles can tell weaker trainers to stay away from a certain guy because he will destroy you if you fight him.
Kilik: Dragon By Birth, Alchemist by Nature.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »

1. Scythe Badge
2. Knockout Badge
3. Raging Badge
5. Aerial Badge
6. Awaken Badge
7. Mountain Badge
8. Blasting Badge
9. Breath Badge
10. Command Badge

Yeah, now that I think about it. I'm sure having a buff with a title is a little bit too much. I agree with Duke as well. Titles should be for show, and show only. No need to have them do something. As well, titles can tell weaker trainers to stay away from a certain guy because he will destroy you if you fight him.
Well... I do like this as what you're saying. Titles should be shown; not for bonuses. Nothing else to it.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »

1. Scythe Badge
2. Knockout Badge
3. Raging Badge
5. Aerial Badge
6. Awaken Badge
7. Mountain Badge
8. Blasting Badge
9. Breath Badge
10. Command Badge

Well... I do like this as what you're saying. Titles should be shown; not for bonuses. Nothing else to it.
I, too, agree on this. It would be informative and give bragging rights. I also believe we should stop quoting this, because it is getting so long :)

Offline WakLan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
I'll have to agree with Tittles  should not come with any buff as newbies in the game will refrain or avoid particular players whom has a "godly" Tittle. This kill the interaction and friendlysness to interact in the game. Let's not make PU just for the sake of gaming. It should promote communication and make friends make it be form different countries from different background.

As for badges, i'd say, it's best to stick to the Gym Badge idea form the original format of the game BUT more badges could be add/earned from tournaments organised dufing event. Example: An annual PU New Year Countdown Tournament/Event/Special Mission, winner earns a PU Countdown Badged which could be easily recognise that the particular player has won such an Event. That way the badge is deemed to be unique asl it can only be earned by only 1 trainer at the end of every year.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
I think that there should be, like all pokemon games, 8 gyms from which you obtain badges, and then the Elite 4. But then, after that, add on more gyms, so you may obtain more badges.

I'll have to agree with Tittles  should not come with any buff as newbies in the game will refrain or avoid particular players whom has a "godly" Tittle. This kill the interaction and friendlysness to interact in the game. Let's not make PU just for the sake of gaming. It should promote communication and make friends make it be form different countries from different background.

As for badges, i'd say, it's best to stick to the Gym Badge idea form the original format of the game BUT more badges could be add/earned from tournaments organised dufing event. Example: An annual PU New Year Countdown Tournament/Event/Special Mission, winner earns a PU Countdown Badged which could be easily recognise that the particular player has won such an Event. That way the badge is deemed to be unique asl it can only be earned by only 1 trainer at the end of every year.
I also agree with WakLan's idea with the events/tournament badges. These players would be recognized as good players, but not ignored

Offline WakLan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2010, 03:39:58 PM »
Glad to have someone who thinks in the same boat as me. Achievements of badges should be for recognition and not for buffs. This make the game a fair platform for all. If badges are meant for buff, every player would be targetting on the best badges and ignore the rest.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2010, 06:33:52 PM »
I think that there should be, like all pokemon games, 8 gyms from which you obtain badges, and then the Elite 4. But then, after that, add on more gyms, so you may obtain more badges.

I also agree with WakLan's idea with the events/tournament badges. These players would be recognized as good players, but not ignored
There are 17 gyms and no Elite 4. Brutal 5 are a (kind of) replacement. The pokemon league will be as in the anime (A large competition between many trainers)

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »

There are 17 gyms and no Elite 4. Brutal 5 are a (kind of) replacement. The pokemon league will be as in the anime (A large competition between many trainers)
Sounds like it will be fun! Do you have names for the badges yet?

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2010, 11:51:52 PM »

Sounds like it will be fun! Do you have names for the badges yet?
None of the info has been leaked. Only given from PU's team.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
Okay, thanks :)

Offline tater160

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »
I dont really get the prefix idea. Wouldn't another option be items for certain achievements? Like say I caught every flying type in the game I got a cape that looked like wings or if I caught every water type I'd get a scuba tank. They would just be a nice reward for doing something.