* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Badge Ideas  (Read 19951 times)

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Badge Ideas
« on: March 17, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »
I used the search and I have been looking around and I didnt find any topic about planning on what badges should be added.

Well obviously the gym badges will be there but should we get badges for quests completed? Maybe a badge for 50 pvp wins, 150 pvp wins, 300 pvp wins, 750 wins (bronze, silver, gold, crystal)

Or badges for the amount of pokemon you captured or if you capture all the grass types you get a badge.

There could be a lot of badge ideas which is why I posted this topic to hear from everyone else.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Badge Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:26 PM »
These are more like achievements, which will be implemented but only shown on the website (when we have stats on it).
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »
Oh alright, but when we achieve it do we get a reward? Like for 50 pvp wins say we get like 5000 money, 150 is 15000 and so on.

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
What about suffix or prefix  for the achievement we got.

for example :
for someone who won 50 PvP would have their name change to : "Brawler character name "
for someone who capture all grass type will be " Gardener character name"
so on and so forth.

I think it is something could be done with admin command on the account info or the character info.
The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »
I like the suffix or prefix idea, to go along with the achievements. So while you can see the achievement on the website, you can wear and change your tag ingame

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
  • The keys of Destiny are waiting to open your heart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 01:35:45 AM »
I'll have to agree with Dark. The Suffix and Prefix idea is really cool. But I would like to address the Gardener one. I would actually like to suggest that it would be a certain number of Grass Type or Fire type, or poison type; or whatever type. Because if someone was gonna PVP with someone and they had.... idk (I'm making this up.) Fire Juggler Character's name all the enemy would have to do was load up on water or Rock type pokemon to totally own the other person.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 01:46:18 AM by Shiranui »
Kilik: Dragon By Birth, Alchemist by Nature.

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 01:44:35 AM »
I'll have to agree with Dark. The Suffix and Prefix idea is really cool. But I would like to address the Gardener one. I would actually like to suggest that it would be a certain number of Grass Type or Fire type, or poison type; or whatever type. Because if someone was gonna PVP with someone and they had.... idk (I'm backing this up.) Fire Juggler Character's name all the enemy would have to do was load up on water or Rock type pokemon to totally own the other person.

I have to agree with your observation, but I agree it should be a certain number of whatever type of pokemon. On the other hand, just because they use the title "Gardener" doesnt mean when you fight them they will have those pokemon on them at the time. lets say you had to catch 10 or 15 different grass pokemon to get the "Gardener" title, well you could put it on and have water type pokemon instead and completely destroy fire types if the other person stacks them. So while I agree it should be based on a certain number of each type caught, I dont think the title would lead to problems in PvP

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 01:51:03 AM »

I'll have to agree with Dark. The Suffix and Prefix idea is really cool. But I would like to address the Gardener one. I would actually like to suggest that it would be a certain number of Grass Type or Fire type, or poison type; or whatever type. Because if someone was gonna PVP with someone and they had.... idk (I'm backing this up.) Fire Juggler Character's name all the enemy would have to do was load up on water or Rock type pokemon to totally own the other person.

I have to agree with your observation, but I agree it should be a certain number of whatever type of pokemon. On the other hand, just because they use the title "Gardener" doesnt mean when you fight them they will have those pokemon on them at the time. lets say you had to catch 10 or 15 different grass pokemon to get the "Gardener" title, well you could put it on and have water type pokemon instead and completely destroy fire types if the other person stacks them. So while I agree it should be based on a certain number of each type caught, I dont think the title would lead to problems in PvP

Yes I know Darion, but if I am correct. Mr. Dark said that the title "Gardener" would be given to people who have caught all Grass Type Pokemon. It was simply an observation I made. I apologize if it was incorrect.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »
The suffix and prefix things are called Titles in other games.
Maybe the Titles could give us boosts on ourselves or Pokemon stats. Example, running speed increased by 10 percent, for someone with a Traveler title.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:38:01 AM »
Hmm titles with special abilities or improvements on characters. Sounds cool, Gardener title makes you be able to find berries more, the fire juggler thing allows you to run faster through volcanoes. Maybe even some of these titles could eventually allow you to go to secret places. A timed volcano room where you have to get to the other side of the volcano in say 15 seconds where normally the running speed would take you 20-25 seconds to get there but with the juggler and faster movement through volcanoes it allows you to make it in time and get to that 'secret' room.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 04:55:02 AM »
secret rooms sounds nice although... it rather sounds unfair for the first start off. But I kind of do like the Titles of a team BASED of types though... Perhaps some bonuses little parts but I prefer not to.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:02:55 AM by Wrathes »

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 05:08:13 AM »
Like if your a gardener, your grass pokemon gains and additional 10% to each stat, or the juggler, your fire pokemon gain 10% and so on. It would be pretty interesting but then again there could be no point if everyone has the bonus lol. Opinions please!

Offline Shiranui

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 07:45:17 PM »
Ehh, I wouldn't say 10% in each stat. Maybe 10% more experience after a battle, but not in stats. Because if someone was determined enough, If Titles are included I'm sure there would be farther titles than just one. Like for example And this is only an example I'm not suggesting. One person has to catch, oh I don't know 75 grass pokemon to gain the Herbalist Title. If that Title gave a boost to your stats by the way you're going it would be 30% more to each stat. Somebody would be able to eventually create the ultimate Grass Type Pokemon. But only if someone was just that determined.

Though I would have to say, the traveling at faster speeds one I like. But my guess it would be like the same thing as the running shoes.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »
yea true I guess and i only used 10% as an example which i guess i forgot to state lol. My bad and I still like my idea about having a gardener title and running faster through a special garden and you gotta make it quick before time runs out to the other side so you can access a special room for a treasure of who knows lol.

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
Before we get carry further away. I would like to point out that. The Title was just something I throw out after Mr_Dark said the achievement only viewable on the website. None of the PU member have any response about this yet, thus I haven't give any more input into this post. However it turn out there are quite a number of player who would like to have such a system in the game the PU team might seriously reconsider this topic.

When giving title. we are not bound  to only one title per category. We could have multiple tiers and the higher the rank the more bonus one would get.

Caught 20 Grass Pokemon - Gardener - More chance to catch a grass type, 5% of Grass bonus
Caught 40 Grass Pokemon - Harvester -  Same as above - 10 % of Grass Bonus
Caught 60 Grass Pokemon - Agriculturalist  - Same as above - 15 % of Grass Bonus
ETC ...

Now the Type bonus could be different so that it will give player more variety to choose and to make their team stronger.

Grass = Increase exp rate (growing)
Fire = Increase attack (damage)
Water = Bonus HP from potion and berries (healing)
Rock/Ground = Increase defense (fortified)
Steel = increase special defense
Ghost = increase special attack
Electric = Increase change of paralyzed from any given attack (this would uber-kill everything else I just love Electric type. sorry I m very Bias lol. )
Flying = increase speed
Normal = increase in game movement speed ( idk what to give normal but able to walk faster always nice)
Poison = increase change and duration of effects i.e. poison, sleep, confused, paralyzed, etc.  on Pokemon
Bug = ????
Dark = increase money from NPC (selling and defeating trainer)
Ice = ?????
Dragon = ????
Fighting = ????

the ???? is something that i could not come up with in the time i write this post. maybe other could fill them in. Also if i left anything out please and please feel free to put them in.

The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.