* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Experience  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Experience
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:20:39 AM »
It's a question if you've talked about it, it's a suggestion if you haven't.  Experience form battles.  ( I searched leveling, battles, and experience).  Everyone knows you get more experience from battling a trainer.  Will this be implemented?

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
It's a question if you've talked about it, it's a suggestion if you haven't.  Experience form battles.  ( I searched leveling, battles, and experience).  Everyone knows you get more experience from battling a trainer.  Will this be implemented?

They will implement a system where players have levels and stats. These stats will make a difference when catching Pokémon and while having battles.

Offline chainedheart

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »
well i Think if they make the xp system mostly like the orginal it would be great i dont see no flawes in the origanal games xp system. bc really any other system seems like (to me) that it would take away from the game itself and the original feel. i know its a new game and new fetures(sorry horrible spelling) but to change some of the more impotant things to me would seem a crime. Ether i just it will work fine.

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
It make sense to have extra EXP when we defeat another trainer because it will be a harder foe (more prepare, organized, well rounded(sometimes) and unpredictable compare to wild Pokemons.

But the question we should focus on is how fast will this NPC be ready for another battle after being defeated?

In the original games, the NPC will remain inactive for a very very long time unless being provoke or affected by an item.
But we looking at a MMO at the moment. Every player will want to have a shot at this NPC for the extra EXP that he give. So it would not be fair if his Pokemon will be revive once a day. It also wont work out if they are revive every minute. The player who just defeat that NPC will keep on killing him until they satisfied with the level they achieved.

So In my opinion, finding the balance point for this will determined if there will be extra EXP for defeating trainer or not.
The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 05:02:25 AM »
extra EXP are nice but would be unbalanced to other people. But for extra EXP to be given, I prefer special events where your exp you get is 2x or something like that for a certain amount of time.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 06:23:45 AM »
Like a double experience event, may be cool im sure something like that would happen along the lines who knows.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:37 AM »

Yes.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".