* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Oh missingno  (Read 7351 times)

Offline Kaiser

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Oh missingno
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:37:46 AM »
The rumor was that it glitched your game. But i however just tried starting my old pokemon blue after all these years, and i still have a few of them caught. Will we ever understand the mystery of our pixel loved pokemon?

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Oh missingno
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:24:44 AM »
So we've all have, or should have, heard the kangaskhan story about how baby kangaskhan that has it's mother die, and takes that skull and becomes a cubone.  Well, it's true. The original red and blue games intended for this to be the case, that marowak would evolve in to kangaskhan. How ever, a last minute change decided that this would not be the case, and that Kangaskhan would only be a pokemon WITHOUT evolution. But to take the time to delete the correct code fromt he game would prove troubling and time consuming. So, the programmers just moved that code to an empty spot.

Without a number.

MISSIGNO. (or, 'M)

Offline Ataeru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 03:53:37 AM »
So we've all have, or should have, heard the kangaskhan story about how baby kangaskhan that has it's mother die, and takes that skull and becomes a cubone.  Well, it's true. The original red and blue games intended for this to be the case, that marowak would evolve in to kangaskhan. How ever, a last minute change decided that this would not be the case, and that Kangaskhan would only be a pokemon WITHOUT evolution. But to take the time to delete the correct code fromt he game would prove troubling and time consuming. So, the programmers just moved that code to an empty spot.

Without a number.

MISSIGNO. (or, 'M)

i have not heard that one before. all i heard was missingno evolves into kangaskhan with an attack set of "sky attack" and 2 "water gun"

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:09:50 AM »
haha thats a cool story lol

Offline Taze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 04:11:54 AM »
copied and pasted

Offline jflorence05

• Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
  • Generation 1 Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Lineage ][ Contention
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:06:56 PM »
That's a pretty cool story. Whether it's true or not I don't know but at least it gives some perspective on that clever pixelated pokemon. I have in fact caught him a few times before, and once in fact it did mess the game up, but not to the point where it bricked and was unusable. I simply restarted the game (it wiped out the game-data).

Aside from that, I enjoyed infinite rare-candy and master-balls.

Offline Epic

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • MLG
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 03:23:46 PM »
Missingno is how I got my porygon and dratini back in the day.  Got infinite Nuggets and sold them till I had infinite money, then bought game coins till I had enough to get them.

Offline pikamaster911

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 06:01:49 AM »
Don't forget the other part of it.....the part where the pokemon in the area u were just before u did this trick would appear.....Great for catching those Pokemon limited to Safari Zone.....ahhh, the good old days.......

Course, They fixed it in yellow..... :(

Offline draft92

• Normal Trainer
  • Pokaymanz master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:55 AM »
Damn missingo! I hate that thing, my friend told me about the glitch. And I had to try it, it totally ruined my pokemon red. You could never save again. It's true, whenever I saved it says I saved but when I turned off the power and turned it on again, there were no saves. So I always had to try to come as long as possible without saving, because the next day, the save wouldn't be there. :(

Though I had cleared the game a few times before it got ruined, which was lucky xD

Offline masterben430

• Beginning Trainer
  • wow it all makes sense now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 11:14:08 PM »

Without a number.

MISSIGNO. (or, 'M)

wow that makwes alot of sense it does give reason to the cubones skull to and they do kinda look like kangaskan and its baby.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 02:41:12 AM »
That's a pretty cool story. Whether it's true or not I don't know but at least it gives some perspective on that clever pixelated pokemon. I have in fact caught him a few times before, and once in fact it did mess the game up, but not to the point where it bricked and was unusable. I simply restarted the game (it wiped out the game-data).

Aside from that, I enjoyed infinite rare-candy and master-balls.

Lucky!!!

All I got was Glitched Hall of Fame Data, and some Lv. 100+ Pokes....that lv. 145 Snorlax, it had so much health it was measured in letters, it was D38 Hp.... and Recovery items drained its health, and when it lvls it goes back to normal T.T
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Ver-go-a-go-go

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:23:03 AM »
I never actually encountered it by a mistake. I just went looking for it because I was curious about it. :P Since I really didn't value the current game I was playing either, I decided to catch it just for the hell of it. Some entertaining things happened after that.
My favorite glitch though, would have to be the Mew glitch. Loved that one to death, and now I use it almost every time I play through Yellow again.

Offline DivineX

• Beginning Trainer
  • I've done that before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Finally an explained explanation of the unexplainable!
Quote from: Captain Obvious
I will live until I die.
see my cheezburger profile and my lolz here: http://cheezburger.com/w00terz/

Offline Mikey

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 05:36:17 AM »
Missingno loves to give me rare candy and master balls. (hehe)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 02:50:46 PM »
I did some research, and depending on what you do, Different results Are Achieved.

Ask me anything about how it works, How to use it, Effects, etc. I can give you an answer for any Missingno Question.
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.