* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Basic Item variations  (Read 11452 times)

Offline wiggums

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Basic Item variations
« on: March 23, 2010, 10:24:55 PM »
I'd suggest you guys put more variations of items then the GB games had. For instance, the new type of pokeballs in the latest games are a good start.

I thought of a new type of repel called the "Smart Repel" that you could use. Basically, it'd be a normal repel, except a little more costly, that only repels pokemon when you are in an area where pokemon can attack you.

For instance, if a normal repel lasts 50 steps, and you take 10 steps outside of a cave or grass, then you just wasted 10 steps that you could be "attack free." The Smart Repel wouldn't be in effect until you stepped inside one of those areas. Then you could use half of one, go heal your pokemon, and then come back without wasting so many steps.

Little variations like these would help make the game more interesting and allow for a larger item list.

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Item variations
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 10:53:15 PM »
I don't think there could be too many variations to be made, but the smart repel is an awesome idea in my mind. What I am getting from you is it only uses 1 step of the Repel when you step in the grass/wild pokemon area. I believe this would be a good addition, although it should expire if you log out with it still active.

Offline wiggums

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 10:56:37 PM »
I don't think there could be too many variations to be made, but the smart repel is an awesome idea in my mind. What I am getting from you is it only uses 1 step of the Repel when you step in the grass/wild pokemon area. I believe this would be a good addition, although it should expire if you log out with it still active.
I think you understand it... It would only count steps in the grass or in caves but while on normal ground where you are safe, the repel wouldn't be in effect.

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 11:17:50 PM »
there are a lot of ideas posted but the pu team cant implement everything and i think your idea is useless.

Offline wiggums

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
Useless? Alright then.

How?

I was only trying to suggest they add more items, while also suggesting one of my own, I was simply handing out an idea, as is this forum's purpose.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:23:27 PM by wiggums »

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »
i mean its okay to post ideas and i  understand your idea but if there are repel in the game you can buy it and use it thats it!!! there are a lot of other things to do for pu team..

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
there are a lot of ideas posted but the pu team cant implement everything and i think your idea is useless.

useless? I dont think its useless at all, why do you think its useless? Suggestions is here for peoples ideas so PU team can implement them and i do think the Smart Repel is a very great idea. That would only be my opinion though.

Offline wiggums

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
i mean its okay to post ideas and i  understand your idea but if there are repel in the game you can buy it and use it thats it!!! there are a lot of other things to do for pu team..
I understand that, but with higher level repels that last a thousand steps or something, if you decide to stop by a city and look around, you are wasting quite a few steps. If someone was worried about that, they could spend some extra money and not have to worry about it anymore. I'd just like to see some more then the regular items.

The reason I thought of this was because of the new "Nest balls" or "Heal balls" that have unique properties to be used by different players. Additional features such as these would make the game much more enjoyable.

I understand the PU team has quite a huge amount of work to do, but they still have the players in mind.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 11:30:12 PM »
I think it's a good idea. No need for me to waste steps with a normal repel. Especially when there are tough level Pokemon around you, and your Pokemon are already really weak. What if you need to escape?

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 11:36:58 PM »
Well possibly in that case there will be an escape button implemented so you could escape but i do know what your talking about. or if you simply get annoyed by fighting a weedle every other step you take lol

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 11:39:34 PM »
Oh plus, sometimes the flee button doesn't work. (My experience from Leaf Green)

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 11:46:07 PM »
guys pls dont read the last 2 or 3 posts if you want to know what about we´re talking here read the 1st post. we are not talking about the flee button..

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 11:47:15 PM »
A creative idea, however....

I understand that, but with higher level repels that last a thousand steps or something, if you decide to stop by a city and look around, you are wasting quite a few steps. If someone was worried about that, they could spend some extra money and not have to worry about it anymore. I'd just like to see some more then the regular items.

Why would someone use a repel and then walk into a city/other-non-Pokemon-infested-place? That is like using some mosquito repellent and then staying inside the whole evening/night. Does the mosquito repellent stop working as you stay inside and turn on when you step outside for a moment? Of course not. It wears off in a couple hours regardless of where you are.

On-and-Off repel is just another way from players to be lazy IMO. The players buy repels and they use them, regardless of where they are. The repel's activity should not change because the player doesn't want to 'waste it' by going into a city. If they want more repel, they need to buy more, or simply ask themselves: "Do I really need to use this now?"

Oh plus, sometimes the flee button doesn't work. (My experience from Leaf Green

Stay out of the grass then. ;) Or bring some potions and repels.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:18 AM »
guys pls dont read the last 2 or 3 posts if you want to know what about we´re talking here read the 1st post. we are not talking about the flee button..

Yea but we are, we didnt bother you, now dont bother us. Beginning to think someone is thinking they run the forums?

Offline wiggums

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
Ok ok, all of this "No smart repel" thing is great,

but we are forgetting the true meaning of this thread.

More Items!