* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Basic Item variations  (Read 11445 times)

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Item variations
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 12:12:33 AM »
no one bothered you guys
If you would like to talk to is not a problem, you are cordially invited
only you should know what we are talking about.
so I said, read everything before you answer
that's all.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:27 AM »
This is leading to a flame war. Stop now please, before this gets out of hand.

Oh plus, sometimes the flee button doesn't work. (My experience from Leaf Green
Stay out of the grass then. ;) Or bring some potions and repels.
Through most areas you have to go through grass to get somewhere. Example would be the first part, where you have to go through all that grass to deliver a package.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 12:19:58 AM by rarrl »

Offline josh_squash0

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 12:24:31 AM »
Ok ok, all of this "No smart repel" thing is great,

but we are forgetting the true meaning of this thread.

More Items!

The only positive i can see from more item variations, is a more stable economy.  the unaltered, "normal", items wont see much inflation as all of the lazy players will indulge in the variable items, somewhat saving the game from being run by the predominant rich.

I like the idea of altering a few items, for the economy's sake, but if the PU team doesnt acknowledge that they are willing to accept item-changing ideas; why bother?
The fog appears, only when an idea is trying to reach me.

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:53:07 AM »
guys pls dont read the last 2 or 3 posts if you want to know what about we´re talking here read the 1st post. we are not talking about the flee button..

Yea but we are, we didnt bother you, now dont bother us. Beginning to think someone is thinking they run the forums?

Actually, he has a point. This topic is about items/the 'Smart Repel' in general. Talking about the 'Flee' button is actually very much off topic. Make another thread if you want to discuss it further.

Through most areas you have to go through grass to get somewhere. Example would be the first part, where you have to go through all that grass to deliver a package.

Lol, and? At the first part, AKA the beginning of the game, you have a level five Pokemon with you. You need to go through the grass to train, catch other Pokemon, and have your journey hindered by lots of useless Pokemon. ;D

I like the idea of altering a few items, for the economy's sake, but if the PU team doesnt acknowledge that they are willing to accept item-changing ideas; why bother?

We listen to many of the things the members say, and given a good enough argument, might actually embrace some of the changes the members like. Simply saying "I give up because the PU Team doesn't comment on it" doesn't change anything however.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:14:43 AM by Kuhns »

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 01:42:02 AM »
Alright never mind, my bad sorry Sch3rox  ;)

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 02:16:02 AM »
guys pls dont read the last 2 or 3 posts if you want to know what about we´re talking here read the 1st post. we are not talking about the flee button..
Yea but we are, we didnt bother you, now dont bother us. Beginning to think someone is thinking they run the forums?

Actually, he has a point. This topic is about items/the 'Smart Repel' in general. Talking about the 'Flee' button is actually very much off topic. Make another thread if you want to discuss it further.
Yea, but your not getting the main point. I brought up the flee subject so it could support my original opinion, that if your repel ran out because you wasted it,you had no items, your Pokemon were really weak, and you had to fight a tough pocket monster. Most likely you would try to flee, but what if that failed? You would lose and then have to go back to a Poke center.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 02:29:38 AM »

Yea, but your not getting the main point. I brought up the flee subject so it could support my original opinion, that if your repel ran out because you wasted it,you had no items, your Pokemon were really weak, and you had to fight a tough pocket monster. Most likely you would try to flee, but what if that failed? You would lose and then have to go back to a Poke center.

I got your 'main point.' I also got the point that this topic is about items and not the Flee button, as in: don't make a lot of posts about the Flee button in a topic for items and other things. Mentioning it for your 'point' is fine. Besides if you got that far, you deserve to lose and return to a Pokemon center. Flee will sometimes fail, it is part of the game.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 02:32:41 AM »

I got your 'main point.' I also got the point that this topic is about items and not the Flee button, as in: don't make a lot of posts about the Flee button in a topic for items and other things. Mentioning it for your 'point' is fine. Besides if you got that far, you deserve to lose and return to a Pokemon center. Flee will sometimes fail, it is part of the game.
I only mentioned flee once.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:34:51 AM by rarrl »

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 02:37:05 AM »

I only mentioned flee once.

Yes, I never said you didn't. I was simply ending a beginning argument, and reminding people to stay on topic.

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:05 AM »
Truce?

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:06 AM »
once again going back to the original post, I believe this is a good idea to consider. not only to stabilize the economy as josh squash put it, but it could also bring in a feeling of the game really being different from other pokemon online games. Not saying that it isn't already the way it is, but I personally would enjoy it and I believe others may as well.

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 03:34:26 AM »
Don't forget, you can create items to be unique, that feature will be available in the game.
I like slowpoke.

Offline kiel223

• Beginning Trainer
  • Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
I think the Smart Repel would be a handy item. It would obviously be more expensive than its regular counterpart, but I think I would definitely pay extra to grab some Smart Repels instead of some normal Repels.

boyben10, how will players be able to create unique items in the game? :)

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »
I reckon type-specific Pokemon attractors would be nice, and handy.
They don't make it so you only find Pokemon of that type, but just increase the chance a bit.

Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.