* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: PU Mini-Games.  (Read 8719 times)

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
PU Mini-Games.
« on: March 24, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
I've searched for mini-games, one popped up but not really what i was looking for and I've searched more and haven't really found anything.

-So my ideas were having mini games involved. For Example, capture the flag, make a special area or just use regular maps and have flags on each side, hit a button to pick it up, try getting it back to your base. Simple right? No, in order to get it to your base you have to defeat all the defenders like they challenge you to a battle and you have to accept, if you lose you return to a spawn point or a special pokemon center for the game. You drop the flag and your team can pick it up or your opponent and bring it to either base. Hopefully you get the point of it ;)

-Find that pokemon! OK this one is where the host declares a pokemon like for example, Pidgey (male, level 19) whatever you want the details to be. First to go capture it and bring it back to the host wins. pretty simple.

-King of the hill- There is a special square thing where all trainers go in and duke it out battling and if you lose you are re-spawned at the nearest pokemon center or nearest point and you cannot return. The last person standing is the winner. you can have people battle endlessly for a little bit but then after say 3 minutes where it really starts and people who lose are knocked out.

That's all I can really come up with right now. If anyone has any ideas for mini-games please share your ideas. Remember these are suggestions I know some will think there pointless or dumb but It's a thought. yet again I am sorry if its already a topic but I couldn't find any like this. 

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
Re: PU Mini-Games.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:02:58 PM »
I've searched for mini-games, one popped up but not really what i was looking for and I've searched more and haven't really found anything.

-So my ideas were having mini games involved. For Example, capture the flag, make a special area or just use regular maps and have flags on each side, hit a button to pick it up, try getting it back to your base. Simple right? No, in order to get it to your base you have to defeat all the defenders like they challenge you to a battle and you have to accept, if you lose you return to a spawn point or a special pokemon center for the game. You drop the flag and your team can pick it up or your opponent and bring it to either base. Hopefully you get the point of it ;)

well the capture the flag thing would more likely have to be more similar to the game in hg/ss, or else the battles would have to be one on one and some how made easier so battle is faster...

-Find that pokemon! OK this one is where the host declares a pokemon like for example, Pidgey (male, level 19) whatever you want the details to be. First to go capture it and bring it back to the host wins. pretty simple.

this could work but maybe have it split up into sections based on a pokemons level and have it be similar to a bug catching contest like in hg/ss, by level split up it could be in increments of 10 and then people would go to the appropriate level area for their pokemon

-King of the hill- There is a special square thing where all trainers go in and duke it out battling and if you lose you are re-spawned at the nearest pokemon center or nearest point and you cannot return. The last person standing is the winner. you can have people battle endlessly for a little bit but then after say 3 minutes where it really starts and people who lose are knocked out.

probably want a level limit in place more likely a lower level like 30 and below or something along those lines

That's all I can really come up with right now. If anyone has any ideas for mini-games please share your ideas. Remember these are suggestions I know some will think there pointless or dumb but It's a thought. yet again I am sorry if its already a topic but I couldn't find any like this. 

Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:04:43 AM »
Yea those adjustments sound good and for the level limit thing yea. Maybe a contest for every 15 levels it could work and would be cool.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:09:12 AM »
glad i could help out with ideas ^ ^

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »
well it could turn out to be a fun distraction from your everyday routine of pokemon.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:14:06 AM »
Yea thats what I think will hopefully happen. In case you wanna take a break from hunting and regular things, once in a while maybe once or twice a week these games can be hosted and maybe even cool prizes would be awarded. Don't need to be ultra rare items but maybe like an ultra ball or 'smart repel'.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 12:22:37 AM »
maybe even a special pokeball designed specifically for winning the certain mini game

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »
Yea that would be pretty nice. But really any new item added and that dont want to be over-used could just be special prizes for these games. BTW 100th Post!

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 01:12:24 AM »
I like the idea of mini games, something more to do then just fight and explore.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
Right, I think that including a certain restriction about the levels of the pokemon used in the mini-games, if they are implemented, is the way to go. You just cannot have anyone entering with pokemon with a difference of several levels as compared to another trainer.

Also, they should all be carried out in a special area, I mean, not in the overworld, but like an attraction. Any loss will bring the trainer to the entrance or welcome board of the facility.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
yea that sounds good too.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 09:28:58 PM »
Right, I think that including a certain restriction about the levels of the pokemon used in the mini-games, if they are implemented, is the way to go. You just cannot have anyone entering with pokemon with a difference of several levels as compared to another trainer.

Also, they should all be carried out in a special area, I mean, not in the overworld, but like an attraction. Any loss will bring the trainer to the entrance or welcome board of the facility.

yet again good advice, when will the awesomeness come to an end

side note: So Jerry I herd you liek Mudkipz

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
side note: So Jerry I herd you liek Mudkipz

Did I hear well? Well, I 'like' Mudkip, but I prefer Marshtomp. I just can't seem to get a decent picture right now with all those school work, and making it animated would require much more time... so I'll guess I'll keep the Mudkip... for now.

I'll try keeping the awesomeness coming ;)

Ok, back to topic please.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Pika

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »
I think that adding a carnival city would be pretty cool. Maybe, when the game is released, only one or two games. The people there can be like, "The carnival is under construction, we only have _ games available to play right now." Then, you get points from the games. The points can be exchanged for items such as special pokeballs and maybe TMs. Like the Game corner, only bigger and awesomer! ;D

Offline Nando

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 09:52:28 PM »
 :o Capture the flag and King of the Hill sound like really fun games to play.