* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: What pokemon would you choose for your team?  (Read 60260 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
Re: What pokemon would you choose for your team?
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »
if they don't i will just use my platinum team!
infernape
gallade
hippodon
garchomp
skaramory
and swapmert

Offline pres1017

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »
I Would Probably Use My PokeMon: HeartGold Team. But, I Have 4 Legendaries... I'm Tracking Down Another One.  He Really Puts A Fight... But, I Guess I Would Use A Few In My PC Box.

My Tysplosion,
My Staraptor(Traded Him From Sinnoh With My Other DS ANd PokeMon Game),
My Steelix,
My Raichu(He Also Arrived From Sinnoh, I Evolved Him In Heart Gold),
My Gengar(Who Also Arrived From Sinnoh, He Evolved In A Trade),
And, Of Course, My Infernape.(I Trade Him Into PokeMon Diamond And Back).

Offline Socrates

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2010, 10:55:59 PM »
I'd go with: Hypno, Scizor, Charizard, Ivysaur, Dewgong, and Luxray.
Scizor>Scyther

Offline Beax

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
1= metagross... cause it has a cross on its face!
2= charizard... cause it wuz my favorite pokemon, exept raikou
3= heracross... cause it is soooo cute =3
4= tyrranitar... cause its a t-rex!
5= sceptile... cause it has a great mix of both att & speed
6= spiritomb... cause it don't have a weakness, exept bug but only on black and white :D

Offline eddiedelta8

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2011, 01:17:48 AM »
1.)ash's pikachu
2.)kyogre
3.)groudon
4.)rayquaza
5.)lugia
6.)hoho

and yes ash's pikachu is possible but you need action replay i  stole it from him  :P
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Pokemon - The First Movie)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2011, 02:11:57 AM »
and yes ash's pikachu is possible but you need action replay i  stole it from him  :P

Dude, just make one
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
Charizard- it's cheesy i know but he's my favorite
Crobat- cause patience breeds rewards.  i mean zubat is terrible but crobat is one of the fastest in the game
Luxray- prolly my favorite electric pokemon ever created
Swampert- Water and ground, fantastic!
Gallade- the combo of fighting and psychic is just so interesting
Garchomp- cause he's the most awesome dragon in the game

also i'll prolly have a donphan (rapid spin is always useful), snorlax (come on hes a massive wall and rest with sleep talk is awesome), scizor (bug and steel nice got the benefits of bug with only one weakness to fire), and glaceon (i love the eevee evolutions and ice pokemon are always handy) in my box ready to go when needed
(the only pokemon i'll def always have on me are charizard and crobat.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
It's not cheesy. Pretty much  majority of the PU pop. prefers Charmander as a starter. I admit that charizard is epic, but i prefer grass types
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Inksm3ar

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »
1. Larvitar
2. Abra
3. Gastly
4. Dratini
5. Totodile
6. Teddiursa

Because it makes for a killer team :D
I'll be drawing a lot of pokemon soon so keep up with me here ------>http://www.inksm3ar.deviantart.com

Offline Inksm3ar

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2011, 03:38:36 PM »
@draft92 I have none of those Pokemon, so I don't think you will be beating me with that counter-team of yours.  :)
But I also agree with you. Lots of people are going with Salamence, Dragonite, Typhlosion, Tyranitar, etc.

Haha can you blame us haha for me it's not so much that they are powerful as it is that they look cool :D

Offline RhyderDerp

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2011, 10:38:54 PM »
1.Typlosion
2.Dodrio
3.Flygon
4.Primape
5.Quagsire
6.Marowak

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2011, 03:41:05 AM »
Aerodactyl-The fastest common lead. Able to set up stealth rocks and tuant other leads who try to set up.

Scizor-One of my favorite pokemon. With a choice band and technician, Scizor's bullet punch is able to OHKO or 2HKO almost anything that isn't resistant to it. U-turn makes it a perfect scout and can put a dent into most pokemon with its base 130 Atk stat. Its also pretty bulky and can take quite a few hits.

Jolteon-A very fast special sweeper. Jolteon is able to absorb electric attacks then retaliate with powerful T-bolts. It can use the move volt change whenever it needs to switch out of a threat or if it wants to scout. Jolteon also has moves like shadow ball hidden power grass/ice to give it near-perfect coverage.

Infernape-My favorite starter. Infernape is one of the best, if not the best, wall breakers in the game. It's fast and able to hit hard with its Fire/Fighting typing. It runs mixed sets very well thanks to its great Atk and Sp.Atk stats. Very little can switch into Infernape and still avoid being 2HKO'd. Its also one of the best users of Life Orb.

Gyarados-This thing is just a monster. I love using this thing as a tank. Gyarados is very bulky and hits like a truck after using dragon dance. Intimadate lets Gyarados come in on most physical attackers without any worry and set up.

Garchomp-The best non-legendary dragon type ever! Garchomp has an amazing Atk stat, great speed which lets it outspeed most other pokemon, and great typing in dragon/ground. After one sword dance, there is absolutely nothing other than Skarmory that can stand a combination of either outrage or earthquake. She is normally the power house of my team.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline crozza159

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
My team:

Altaria: it was always a woman of a pokemon to battle against Winona in RSE, but i held a deep admiration for it. Dragon Dance, Aerial Ace, Dragon Pulse and Sing.

Swampert: My all time favourite starter family, due to the amount of gym ass kickings you could hand out, also RSE. Earthquake, Muddy Water, Take Down and Ice Beam.

Abomosnow: Just a tough looking pokemon with an awesome type combination. Blizzard, Wood Hammer, Ingrain and Rock Slide (to deal with fire types)

Houndoom: I never liked Ninetales, and houndoom always seemed like the evil ninetales, Smoke to the fire. Crunch, Flamethrower, Sunny Day and Solar Beam.

Lucario: COME ON, it has spikes on its hands and chest. It is a fighting steel pokemon, how much more awesome can it get. Aura Sphere, Foresight, Brick Break and Metal Claw.

Haunter: It seems like more of a ghost pokemon than the other two in its family, Gengar looking more human like and Gastly being smoke. Haunter has a darker more defined look...and it has hands. Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Nightmare and Poison Jab.

Ulgamoth from black/white may come to replace houndoom

Thanks to cortexjs for making this banner.

Offline Shaman14

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
Marowak - Fave pokemon in the series.  Always worked the hell out of it in the games moveset from my Silver game was Bone Club, Bonemerang, Fire Blast, Thunderpunch.

Bulbasaur - Fave starter not much of a fan of Ivysaur or Venusaur so never let it evolve.  Move Set Leach Seed, Solar Beam, Razor Leaf, Vine Whip

Nidorino - Always liked the way it looked.  A bad ass miniature rhino with a powerful double kick.  Move Set Double Kick, Iron Tail, Horn Attack, Horn Drill.

Heracross - Just another one i liked from the way it looked.  A nice Horn Beetle always made pokemon seem a bit real because of how much it resembled a real creature.   Move set - Mega Horn, Take Down, Fury cutter, Rock smash

Dragonite - Awesome for the power. Always a late addition to my team due to when you could catch it which was a shame.  Always useful to have such a versatile member of the team that could take out pretty much any thing.  Moveset - Fly, Surf, Hyper Beam, Thunder. 

suppose i need 1 newer pokemon in and theres only two of the newer ones that i like the look of Absol and Zangoose to have in my team id probably go with Absol.
Absol jst to update the team a bit with a newer one.  Moveset (after looking at Bulbapedia) - Move set - Night Slash, Bite,  Ice Beam, Flamethrower

Have a thing for Dragons so as a type team id stick with Dragon so apart from Marowak staying as being the ultimate fave the remaining 5 would be Dragonite, Charizard, Salamence, Kingdra  Crimgan (Nice new addition for B/W).  Alot more power in that team.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 06:58:59 PM by Shaman14 »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
 My team will be:

Typhlosion - he's one of my favorites
 Blaziken - another one of my favorites
 Charizard - he's awesome
 Houndoom - Because he's my two favorite types
 Camerupt - I needed a ground type
 Ninetales - For it's moveset

I won't tell you the moves they will know, because this is also my competitive team, and I don't want everyone to know their movesets, because they'll be prepared when we battle.