* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Which starter Pokemon will you choose when Pokemon Universe is available?

Bulbasaur
51 (3.5%)
Charmander
380 (26.3%)
Squirtle
121 (8.4%)
Chikorita
34 (2.3%)
Cyndaquil
139 (9.6%)
Totodile
89 (6.2%)
Treecko
56 (3.9%)
Torchic
95 (6.6%)
Mudkip
91 (6.3%)
Turtwig
51 (3.5%)
Chimchar
99 (6.8%)
Piplup
55 (3.8%)
Snivy
72 (5%)
Tepig
49 (3.4%)
Oshawott
65 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1441

Author Topic: Your Starter Pokemon  (Read 378992 times)

Offline jason7775

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Your Starter Pokemon
« Reply #705 on: August 18, 2011, 04:37:41 AM »
i would always go with pikachu even though he may not be as strong as the others hes still totally beast X)

Offline wolfcry23

• Beginning Trainer
  • For ever True to the Skys
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:52 AM »
I wanna change mine to cyndaquil because typhlosion is such a beast. Charizard is a beast and all but i think typhlosion could take him.....
Come on, Charizard would so beast up on Typhlosion!  :D
see im not sure about that... i mean sure charizard can fly but thats about all he got on typhlosion. typhlosion got better fire moves and hes ground..... i think

*I am the protector of the weak but employed by no one. I utilize all of my pokemon for they are partners not pets. we fight as one our hearts beat together through the whole fight, thats why I'm proud to be.... A POKEMON KNIGHT!*

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

Offline crazyjammer8

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 18, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
I wanna change mine to cyndaquil because typhlosion is such a beast. Charizard is a beast and all but i think typhlosion could take him.....
see im not sure about that... i mean sure charizard can fly but thats about all he got on typhlosion. typhlosion got better fire moves and hes ground..... i think

But if a Typhlosion and a Charizard were facing a water type, who would last longer? Charizard, because he can fly, and in a 1 vs. 1 fight its the same thing, charizard can fly to avoid attacks, then when fly hits, it does alot of damage

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 18, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
see im not sure about that... i mean sure charizard can fly but thats about all he got on typhlosion. typhlosion got better fire move

But if a Typhlosion and a Charizard were facing a water type, who would last longer? Charizard, because he can fly, and in a 1 vs. 1 fight its the same thing, charizard can fly to avoid attacks, then when fly hits, it does alot of damage
even without fly,charizard is better.typhlosion is also good but in my opinion,charizard is better.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 18, 2011, 05:35:28 PM »
Each can beat the other out, and Typhlosion is not ground. It's pure fire.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline wolfcry23

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 18, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
see im not sure about that... i mean sure charizard can fly but thats about all he got on typhlosion. typhlosion got better fire move

even without fly,charizard is better.typhlosion is also good but in my opinion,charizard is better.
but all you have to do is put out the flame on his tail and charizard is capital F**cked. then all he can do is fly.with typhlosion all ill do is use dig or earthquake and never come back up again lol.you gotta land sometime

*I am the protector of the weak but employed by no one. I utilize all of my pokemon for they are partners not pets. we fight as one our hearts beat together through the whole fight, thats why I'm proud to be.... A POKEMON KNIGHT!*

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »

but all you have to do is put out the flame on his tail and charizard is capital F**cked. then all he can do is fly.with typhlosion all ill do is use dig or earthquake and never come back up again lol.you gotta land sometime

Though it can learn ground type moves, It's still only fire. I remember in Crystal you can teach it thunderpunch with a TM, and own every water type that's not Quagsire. Even with that, it is still only fire.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:40:00 PM by cortexjs »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline wolfcry23

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:05 PM »

Though it can learn ground type moves, It's still only fire. I remember in Crystal you can teach it thunderpunch with a TM, and own every water type that's not Quagsire. Even with that, it is still only fire.
ok you got me. Charizard is better(i think its the bad boy attitude) i would go back to charmander but there will be alot of charizards walking around in this game.... wait charizard can fly screw walking

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »

ok you got me. Charizard is better(i think its the bad boy attitude) i would go back to charmander but there will be alot of charizards walking around in this game.... wait charizard can fly screw walking

I would still go with Typhlosion because it not only looks mean, it is mean. I always choose the fire starters, and the best one I ever had to work with was Typhlosion.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
Stop multi-quoting please -_-
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
Sorry, it just happened that way. Won't happen again.

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »
Finally, you realize Charizard is better! But, I see your point there will be alot of charmanders.

Offline wolfcry23

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 18, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
well can we all agree that fire starters are the best no matter what generation.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 18, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
well can we all agree that fire starters are the best no matter what generation.

Um... I beg to differ.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »
Ah, you like water types, don't you Jerry? Let me guess, Mudkips?