* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: do you always let your pokemon evolve?  (Read 64755 times)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: do you always let your pokemon evolve?
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2010, 06:46:52 PM »
I'll bet you weren't at the same level as those elite four when you beat them. Besides, fighting NPCs is very different than fighting players. We players actually fight intelligently. Not to mention that in competitive play we aren't allowed to use hyper potions and full heals during battle. You can not beat a dragon type team of equal leveled pokemon with a pichu without using potions. Probably even with using potions.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 06:50:53 PM by Chad29 »

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2010, 07:09:36 PM »
Ahem...

You're no different from them.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 07:11:46 PM by Frenchfry545 »

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »
I don't deny that. I also noticed your lack of counterpoint to my last post.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »
Thats because there's no reasoning with a tournyfag. Hence why there are still no stages allowed in Brawl tournies besides Final Destination. Trying to argue the fun into you would be like trying to convince ghostman that you can lose a game in pokemon without automatically sucking afterwards. I could go on and on and on, and you would just start building up some weird pokemon teir list, and I don't want that.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »
Ahem...

You're no different from them.

I think the one on the left is me.
I understand why they don't accept other stages other than final destination though. Its so that you don't die from the chance of the in-stage hazards. It would totally suck to pay to enter a real brawl tourney and have a victory taken away from you because you got pegged by a car in Onett or accidentaly hit a randomly falling bomb block in green greens. But I do wonder why they don't accept something like, battlefield or temple. You know, the ones where there are no hazards.

Never really made sense to me
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
That's also why I sometimes choose some restrictions in PvP battle, like lightweight, or make a deal with a friend about using pokemon which can be obtained by egg only or pre-evolution pokemons (Pichu, Magby, Elekid, Budew, Azurill, etc).

They didn't introduce the restrictions without any idea of how it will be used!

(Don't talk tourneys with me, there aren't any here in Mauritius :()
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Sam

• Beginning Trainer
  • Sam used Hand-Grenade! Foe's Pokémon Sploded!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2010, 11:08:21 PM »
You guys are so obnoxiously practical with your pokemon that I'm just plain disturbed. You realize that I NEVER evolve pichu? It's just too damn cute to be replaced by some dirty pikachu.

You're right!

Before Johto when I was only a wee nipper, I was all like:
"Yeah, Pikachu's cool... but it needs to be smaller and cuter and have pentagon ears."

Johto came out and I was like: "WOOOOHOOOO!"

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2010, 12:51:16 AM »

I think the one on the left is me.
I understand why they don't accept other stages other than final destination though. Its so that you don't die from the chance of the in-stage hazards. It would totally suck to pay to enter a real brawl tourney and have a victory taken away from you because you got pegged by a car in Onett or accidentaly hit a randomly falling bomb block in green greens. But I do wonder why they don't accept something like, battlefield or temple. You know, the ones where there are no hazards.

Never really made sense to me

I'm not sure, but probably because on battlefield, you can break the platform so you can get back on stage, which is like an in-game remedy. The possible reasonfor temple is because of the area under the ruins. There you can create percentages greater than sudden death with ease. Those are two possible reasons i can think of.

And sorry with just leaving the quote on my other post. My dog clicked the button.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:48:32 PM by Raikt »
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline UnationConsideration

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2010, 12:54:01 AM »
Black...all you did was double post quote somthing two times...
Feed My pokemon please I dont want it to die of hunger!
Wont you please feed that cute face?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2010, 08:26:59 AM »
The second one has his reply, but he failed to put it outside the quote tags.

If you want to change your post, PkMn Trainer in Black, you can use the 'Edit' button.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline pikapower7

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2010, 05:26:50 AM »
Usually if i let them stay at a pre evolution it's because I'm trying to get them to learn a move they can't learn later, or they might learn it sooner.

Yeah, I do that too

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2010, 04:53:18 PM »
non of my pokemon evolve at the right lvl because i concentrate on speed so in other words my gyarados may be slightly weaker in otherstat but he will be very fast  if i hold magikarp until lvl40 he is only slightly faster if u keep magikarp until lvl 30
and charmeleon gets more speacial than charizard does so i hold him until lvl 45-55 depends on upcomeing tourneys.... i sacrifice other stats just for one or two stats to me its well worth it.... thats also how i know those stats on those sites yall are looking up arent as accurate as u think they are for one if u look up lvl 100 stats for a fully evolved pokemon those stats are unrealistic because thats acting asif that pokemon grew up from lvl1 and up as in always a charizard never a charmeleon never a charmander...

also i love to catch pre evolved pokemon in the game to because those are treated as pokemon that were raised from lvl1 even they still wont have the max stats tho cuz trained ones are stronger than wild ones  like in red blu yellow i like to capture the pidgeotto thats in or right before the virridian forest it will always wind up stronger than ones that evolved from a pidgey who provides nothing but a henderence  to pidgeots growth...

i hope yall understand what im saying...i suk at explaining...but all my studies came from me wanting to know and then trying things out i didn't know about all those websites so i learned for myself by myself
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2010, 06:36:43 PM »
I always evolve my pokemon of course! Then I get more money when I sell them to the meat processing factory! Especially if they have the ability thick fat!

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
I always evolve my pokemon of course! Then I get more money when I sell them to the meat processing factory! Especially if they have the ability thick fat!
grrr....
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Millzar The Pirate

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2010, 03:51:07 AM »
wow this got kinda off topic