* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokédex - Features  (Read 9008 times)

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokédex - Features
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
I really like the idea, and I think it would be better optional. Maybe it could be an option in the Key Items section of the bag? I really like the idea but it may take forever to make it for the pixel and vector team and what not. Hope this idea comes to use! :)

Yes of course, the scanning would be 100% optional.
I was kinda thinking an Pokédex icon beside the "switch Pokemon" option.

About the pixel work.
I don´t think it would be to hard, the scanning option could be something like; Letting the Pokemon blink black and white (or just stay black or white) and let a thick stream of color go from top to bottom, and then back up again, I can explain this is more detail when the time comes.
The scan would take like 0.5sec and then another 0.5-1sec for the pokedex to open (flashy effects go here :D )

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »
Maybe the button could sort of flash during a battle "New Pokemon sighted, Scan?".

Could that be how you fill the pokedex?

Lets be honest is there ever any info in the pokedex that you would find useful in a battle? unless the PU pokedex shows type weaknesses.

Offline Duke

• Beginning Trainer
  • Jesus-He loves him some Pokemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 02:01:40 PM »
I do like the idea that this could fill the pokedex.  I mean, that was one big thing I saw wrong with every pokemon game was.  The pokedex would sit inside your panties, hehe panties, and after the battle it'd be like "hey you've sited a new pokemon!"  The only time you actually whipped it out was when you captured a pokemon and it made those couple of... actually I'm not sure what those sounds are, low beeps maybe?  Anyway, I guess I'd like to see the scan feature be mandatory.  Flame away!
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbhz8_N6-0

Smell ya later!

Offline Cinnabar

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 05:56:48 AM »
How about you just make the Pokedex available in the Items menu so that IF the player wants to use it in battle he can.
But remove this in a PVP fight, otherwise a player could hold up the battle to long.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 04:57:53 AM »
I dont think scanning a pokemon should really count as a turn...
That would just make it useless, but more of a way to get some basic strategic information you need to battle.

Ya i agree. It sounds like a very interactive and fun way to learn about pokemon, but would be useless if it counted as a turn. If it counted as a turn it would rarely be used because people dont want to give up a turn. It would be cool to make it like it was in the original anime.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:00:29 AM by Viper »

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »
How about you just make the Pokedex available in the Items menu so that IF the player wants to use it in battle he can.
But remove this in a PVP fight, otherwise a player could hold up the battle to long.

Thats exactly hat I posted. Except that I think it should be available in PVP as well.