* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Dragonite anyone?  (Read 11186 times)

Offline draft92

• Normal Trainer
  • Pokaymanz master
    • View Profile
Dragonite anyone?
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »
I was just lurking by and found out that you can't hcatch any rare pokemon in PU. Which is really fine with me, since some of them are over powered. I mean it wouldn't be fun starting your adventure and you decide to battle some random dude and he has 3 legendary pokemon. There I stand with my Totodile and he carries the pokeballs of lugia, articuno and giratina.. pokemon goooooo!!!

Anyhow, I was just wondering if Dragonite will be catchable. Because I know Dragonite is supposed to be a rare, but not SUPER rare pokemon but still pretty rare. Will it also not be obtainable?
Because I'm such a Dragonite fan ^_^

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonite anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:46:23 AM »
[...] that you can't hcatch any rare pokemon in PU.
Dude..  Hatch or catch?

I mean it wouldn't be fun starting your adventure and you decide to battle some random dude and he has 3 legendary pokemon. There I stand with my Totodile and he carries the pokeballs of lugia, articuno and giratina.. pokemon goooooo!!!
Please understand that the above is one of the reasons that Legendary pokemon will not be catchable.
Rares however, will be. The rareness will be kept and with the balance project they won't be overpowered in any (at least major) way.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if Dragonite will be catchable.
Technically Dragonite will not be catchable - Dratini will. (some day)
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline kiel223

• Beginning Trainer
  • Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:12:15 AM »
This pleases me =]

Offline draft92

• Normal Trainer
  • Pokaymanz master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
[...] that you can't hcatch any rare pokemon in PU.
Dude..  Hatch or catch?

I mean it wouldn't be fun starting your adventure and you decide to battle some random dude and he has 3 legendary pokemon. There I stand with my Totodile and he carries the pokeballs of lugia, articuno and giratina.. pokemon goooooo!!!
Please understand that the above is one of the reasons that Legendary pokemon will not be catchable.
Rares however, will be. The rareness will be kept and with the balance project they won't be overpowered in any (at least major) way.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if Dragonite will be catchable.

That answers all of my questions man, cool ^^

Offline Bugz

• Beginning Trainer
  • Im resting in the lead i need a pillow and a cover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Wub6cHbww
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:15:12 AM »
Legendary's are rare for a reason, They should be hard to catch and hard to find if kept that way it leaves something to strive for and for that reason it makes Pokemon games great the total randomness is the spice of life.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:49 AM »
[...]
[...]
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »
This is qood news to me ..I thought i was gunna die a little inside if Dragonite well the first evolution of it wasn't catchable. Thnks PU team for clearing this up.
  by- marijan2

Offline Red_Cruzader

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 03:04:25 AM »
I love Dragonite so much...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I will spend days and months trying to catch him. I swear haha....  :-[ :-[ :-[

HEEEYA!

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:25 AM »
I hope its hard to catch him so that once you do it will be worth the hunt. Also so not everyone has him and its a common pokemon in a persons team.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:16:45 AM »
Legendary's are rare for a reason, They should be hard to catch and hard to find if kept that way it leaves something to strive for and for that reason it makes Pokemon games great the total randomness is the spice of life.
Legendary´s rare? HAHAHAHAHHA
Think about it... Everyone has got a legendary...

Hard to find? what a joke.... They always appear at the "end of the game" or it will appear before you can complete the game.
The thing is... Legends suck, they are easy to find (except 3dogs in GSC), they are poorly designed and way overpowered (at least some)

Offline Red_Cruzader

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »
Legendary´s rare? HAHAHAHAHHA
Think about it... Everyone has got a legendary...

Hard to find? what a joke.... They always appear at the "end of the game" or it will appear before you can complete the game.
The thing is... Legends suck, they are easy to find (except 3dogs in GSC), they are poorly designed and way overpowered (at least some)

Also I would like to add that Legends are only "legends" because of the story line. Yes they are OP and some do just suck, but what makes them a legend is the story and to be honest just having it is a cool and awesome accomplishment.

HEEEYA!

Offline Millzar The Pirate

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »
well technicaly arcanine is a legendary but if i couldnt  be allowed to catch a growlithe and evolve it id be pissed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:00:50 PM by Millzar The Pirate »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
well technicaly articuno is a legendary but if i couldnt  be allowed to catch a growlithe and evolve it id be pissed

What do you mean? You mean that Arcanine is a legendary? Not at all.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
well technicaly articuno is a legendary but if i couldnt  be allowed to catch a growlithe and evolve it id be pissed

What do you mean? You mean that Arcanine is a legendary? Not at all.
i think the poster was going by how in the Arcanine Pokedex entry it says it is a legendary pokemon of China so im sure arcanine will be implemented :)
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
Ah, that explains it. What is a legendary somewhere might not be a legendary elsewhere.

For example, when Europe didn't know the rhino, they thought that it was a legend, mixed of dragon and unicorn... or something like that... until people brought some from Asia.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...