* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Team/Guild and Events Suggestion  (Read 3685 times)

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Xtreme Freestyle Skiing My Life & LIL WAYNE MUSIC
    • View Profile
Team/Guild and Events Suggestion
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:34:01 AM »
Hey,

1)  I have played Poke'net and Pokemon Cyrus and Pokemon Destiny.  One thing they all have in common is a section in the forums for Teams or guilds.  In this section members can create there own teams/guilds and other members can apply to join these teams.  Joining teams/guilds to some members may be open to everyone or in some cases there pokemon teams have to fill certain requirements such as having so many badges or being a certain level with your pokemon.  This adds competition between teams/guilds.  Teams/guilds can create events to battle against each other for team/guild pride or for certain prizes (pokemon/money etc.).  Maybe, a ranking system can be added so teams/guilds know how they rank against others.

Also, Dev's can create there own events possibly and offer prizes to winners such as money or a prize rare pokemon to each of the team/guild members.

2)  I've never seen this in a pokemon MMO before.  But a individual Ranking section can be added so players know how they rank up against each other.  This would be based upon PVP battle record and Events won.  This would mean that a separate forum section would need to be added for individual event competitions.  In this section individual users can create there own events where they battle against each other.  Awards would be that of money where each player has to put down a entry money fee and winners would receive the total pot.  A second type of award would be that of players awarding a uncommon pokemon as a prize or possible with permission a very rare pokemon can be added as the main prize to the event.  This would be more rare than the pokemon that teams could win in team events.

p.s.  If accepted as a suggestion.  A forum thread should be added so players can begin creating there own teams and allowing members to join.  This would create a hype of competitiveness before the release of the public beta version.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
Re: Team/Guild and Events Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »
Hey,

1)  I have played Poke'net and Pokemon Cyrus and Pokemon Destiny.  One thing they all have in common is a section in the forums for Teams or guilds.  In this section members can create there own teams/guilds and other members can apply to join these teams.  Joining teams/guilds to some members may be open to everyone or in some cases there pokemon teams have to fill certain requirements such as having so many badges or being a certain level with your pokemon.  This adds competition between teams/guilds.  Teams/guilds can create events to battle against each other for team/guild pride or for certain prizes (pokemon/money etc.).  Maybe, a ranking system can be added so teams/guilds know how they rank against others.

Also, Dev's can create there own events possibly and offer prizes to winners such as money or a prize rare pokemon to each of the team/guild members.

There is going to be a Guilds feature implemented into the game. Everything you talked about, except for the Guild creating an event, has also been talked about being included. So, you can do that in-game rather than on the forum.

2)  I've never seen this in a pokemon MMO before.  But a individual Ranking section can be added so players know how they rank up against each other.  This would be based upon PVP battle record and Events won.  This would mean that a separate forum section would need to be added for individual event competitions.  In this section individual users can create there own events where they battle against each other.  Awards would be that of money where each player has to put down a entry money fee and winners would receive the total pot.  A second type of award would be that of players awarding a uncommon pokemon as a prize or possible with permission a very rare pokemon can be added as the main prize to the event.  This would be more rare than the pokemon that teams could win in team events.

p.s.  If accepted as a suggestion.  A forum thread should be added so players can begin creating there own teams and allowing members to join.  This would create a hype of competitiveness before the release of the public beta version.

1. There is already going to be a PvP ranking system; it will be posted on the site so that you will know how you rank in the game versus other players.
2. The events will be included in the ranking system, a long with quite a few other stats I am told.

There is a search function on the site; use it and you can find all the information you need about PU.

- Have a nice day.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Xtreme Freestyle Skiing My Life & LIL WAYNE MUSIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
A forum section should be added for guilds.  This way players would be able to keep track of whose on the team and it would allow teams to post on other teams walls events.  Making the whole guild thing setup ingame would make it hard for teams.  I've played Pokemon Destiny and having everything ingame makes things complicated when a team needs to share news with all of its teammates.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
Having a forum topic for Guilds/Teams/Organizations I would not be opposed to. Though, it's really something that would need to be looked at once the actual feature is implemented in the game, if you ask me. I can't see it being effective until we know exactly how they are going to play out and what to expect out of them.

Otherwise, I can agree on that point. From an organizational standpoint, it would clear up a lot of clutter I can see floating around in the other areas of the site once it is put out.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Chris.

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »
I'd disagree with that, team threads dont always need to tie into in game impliments; the whole pose of it is for people to create teams for their frineds to join and hang about on their own chat or give them the feel of competivness among other teams wether they have a good/evil allignment. For examle two of these threads may have their own forums memberlist, chat ranks for specific jobs, two teams may want be allies or enemies. If you have a look on other games alot of these teams dont actually go in game that often its just for the fun of saying you have a team. Perhaps in the future they could put a price on creating teams eg. have a taxman "someone active" who you have to pay 500 pokedollars "whatever currency" to in order to put a team thread up. Yes the game is not up yet but it gives people something to do in the meantime. Having in game teams and not on the forums is very pointless as forum threads are where people ask join.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »
well personally i think its just too early to start teams/guilds/organizations/or whatever you want to call them threads, but if it must be i don't think there should be a specific section but maybe a sub section under server sections that way the team threads could be organized to each server's specific section and minimize confusion on which server each team will be playing on
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Seveer

• Beginning Trainer
  • MY TREECKO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:04:05 AM »
Guilds sound great, mine will be the tkd clan, and be in the top 100 clans. IF RATED.  You know what sounds cool, clan PVP. that would be epic.
All who pass may never pass again. Or maybe they will!
I will one day become an official game designer, No Joke!
I’m a poor speller, so eat it.