* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: An idea that just came to me  (Read 6432 times)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
An idea that just came to me
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:02 AM »
OK well basically, most people who play mmorpgs know that in some of them you can have weapons set up but then you can press a key on your keyboard and it switches to another set of weapons that you have registered.  So i was thinking that Pu could make use of something similar, but instead of weapons it would be a total separate team.  You would only get to have one "back-up" team, and it could be used for say if you were out in the field and sort of far away from a P.C. system but you wanted a team change you wouldn't have to run all the way to a Pokemon center or a place where there is a P.C. system,  but yeah tell me what you all think :)
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline YouHearThat

• Normal Trainer
  • Vault Boy
    • View Profile
Re: An idea that just came to me
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:54:08 AM »
Good idea and I like it ! ;D

but idk
We will not lose, because we are not losers, we are lasers~

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:31:47 AM »
This would allow players to essentially carry 12 Pokemon around. Sounds a little like a crutch for lazy, unprepared players.

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 05:46:17 AM »
This would allow players to essentially carry 12 Pokemon around. Sounds a little like a crutch for lazy, unprepared players.

Agreed. The entire point of only having six on you is for you to prepare that team for any eventuality. Mind you, it's impossible to make a team that is prepared for everything, but the basic idea is there. Giving trainers, essentially, twelve Pokemon to carry around with them would make the game exceedingly easy.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:48:15 AM »
yes it would give you 12 pokemon to carry around but, if you want to swap for one pokemon you'd have to swap for the whole extra team, otherwise it could be so you have one spare pokemon to change out freely(outside battle)

Offline SwIzZy

• Beginning Trainer
  • Xtreme Freestyle Skiing My Life & LIL WAYNE MUSIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 07:22:25 AM »
Maybe, A better alternative would be to be allowed to carry 7 or 8 pokemon around.  Although, In battle you would only be allowed to used 6.  This would allow the trainer to be able to choose between 8 pkmn for battle and pick the right ones to use against for type advantages.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:09:11 PM »
actully.... How about letting the pokemons have 2different move-sets? That´s kinda the same thing, but it still limits you to having 6 pokes?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
I thought you would saying switching a total team by pressing a key in your PC.

Well, anyway, your suggestion triggered an idea.

If you could move pokemon in your PC by multi selection.

For example, you have your team with you, and a fire team in your PC. You go there, enter the PC. You click all the pokemon you want to deposit, and then, you click 'deposit' or there is the 'deposit all' function. Then, without depositing any of the selected pokemon, you select the pokemon you want to take. Depending on the number of pokemon you selected, you'll be able to select up to six pokemon from your PC. Then, you click 'confirm' or something similar, then all the transfer occurs at once.

You don't move one pokemon at a time, but up to six for withdrawal and deposit features, to take less time.

Then, the move pokemon feature might be used to move up to thirty pokemon (depends on the size of a box if the PU team is implementing boxes in PU) at a time, by selecting multiple pokemon at a time.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »
actully.... How about letting the pokemons have 2different move-sets? That´s kinda the same thing, but it still limits you to having 6 pokes?

This is a good idea.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »

This is a good idea.
actually yes the move-sets idea is good, that probably would be more useful than having an instant switch out in the field

Offline Raikt

• Balancer of stuff
  • Good Trainer
  • I punch Creepers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:47:31 PM »
I agree that two different movesets, or possibly more, would be an interesting idea. It would severely cut down on the necessity of breeding for different Pokemon, including IV's and the appropriate nature.

Of course, I think their should be stipulations to it as well. It shouldn't be free; maybe include some for of monetary cost? Or something that Pokemon acquire naturally as they level up? Sorta like, 10 TP a level, and to switch movesets out of battle, it would require 20-30?

I'm not sure if it would be good or bad in the end, though.
Weekly awesomsauce: www.collegehumor.com/video/6359051/wow-jason-statham-really-wants-wow
Daily awesomesauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn4uonU_uj0
I have a proud tradition of failure to uphold.
Updated awesomesauce!**

Offline masterben430

• Beginning Trainer
  • wow it all makes sense now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
two move sets would be nice because i hated running out attacks and just trying to thrash my way out of a bad situation. also so you wouldnt be totaly lost if you happened across something that your pokemons moves are innafective against.

Offline kiel223

• Beginning Trainer
  • Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 02:49:29 AM »

This is a good idea.
actually yes the move-sets idea is good, that probably would be more useful than having an instant switch out in the field
I agree, the move-sets switch option is much more practical and much less drastic than having a 'quick-swap' option for entire teams of Pokemon.
Obviously the idea would need to be fine-tuned and the details ironed out, but I really like the concept.
A few questions come to mind:
  • Would trainers be able to switch between move-sets within battle, or only outside of battle?
  • How much control would trainers have when managing their Pokemons' move-sets? (i.e: When not battling, would it be possible to swap out a move in Moveset1 for another move in Moveset2, from some management interface? Or maybe a feature like this would be accessible by purchasing a single-swap with in-game money...)
A few assumptions come to mind as well:
  • When a Pokemon learns a new move, obviously it will only be able to go into ONE move-set, not both. Which move-set it goes into should be the choice of the trainer.
  • However, you should be able to teach an eligible Pokemon the same TM/HM move in both of its move-sets (provided you have enough of the same TM. And obviously HMs will still be just as difficult to unlearn).
Hmm, that's all that comes to mind right now.
Any thoughts? :)

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:04 AM »

This is a good idea.
I agree, the move-sets switch option is much more practical and much less drastic than having a 'quick-swap' option for entire teams of Pokemon.
Obviously the idea would need to be fine-tuned and the details ironed out, but I really like the concept.
A few questions come to mind:
  • (1)Would trainers be able to switch between move-sets within battle, or only outside of battle?
  • (2)How much control would trainers have when managing their Pokemons' move-sets? (i.e: When not battling, would it be possible to swap out a move in Moveset1 for another move in Moveset2, from some management interface? Or maybe a feature like this would be accessible by purchasing a single-swap with in-game money...)
A few assumptions come to mind as well:
  • (3)When a Pokemon learns a new move, obviously it will only be able to go into ONE move-set, not both. Which move-set it goes into should be the choice of the trainer.
  • (4)However, you should be able to teach an eligible Pokemon the same TM/HM move in both of its move-sets (provided you have enough of the same TM. And obviously HMs will still be just as difficult to unlearn).
Hmm, that's all that comes to mind right now.
Any thoughts? :)
well
(1) more likely outside battle only
(2) probably possible for a move in moveset one to be switched into moveset 2(outside battle obviously) also more likely cost ingame money for move switching item
[(3) also level-up move would only be able to go into 1 moveset
(4)while you can teach the pokemon the same move  via tm/hm in the other moveset if the tm/hm is available]

agree with both of those

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 04:49:10 AM »
I also agree with the two different move sets. This would allow for alot more versatility with your pokemon and customization.

I also think the idea of having 8 with you but only 6 in battle is kind of interesting. Would change how alot of people played.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 05:01:08 AM by Viper »