* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Computer Science major looking to help  (Read 3084 times)

Offline TheGreatJiraiya

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Computer Science major looking to help
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »
Hello :) I am Max, and I am a Computer Science major. My girlfriend and I are both very avid pokemon lovers and were looking for a game we could play together, and we found this. Sadly, we discovered it was still being developed, and I am applying for a position in the hopes that, in some way, I can help progress this project more quickly.

Note: I am going to be working as a camp counselor from may 26 to august 8, but I can work before and after that (Im sure there is no shortage of work around here).

The programming languages I know (in order of fluency) are C++, Java, C#, basic, Javascript, HTML, 80X86 assembly, and I am a fast learner if theres another yall use.

I notice there is a mapper position open which also looks like something I could enjoy and do a good job at.

What else.. I am 20 years old, Ive been playing pokemon for most of those years (since 2nd grade) and I have never stopped loving it. My girlfriend learned to speak English from watching Pokemon in Russia, so even my romantic interests point back to Pokemon :P I am friendly and learn quickly and get along well with people, and (after august 8th) will have an almost obscene amount of time I am willing to devote to this project.

If you have any further questions I am happy to answer them, and my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Science major looking to help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Hello :) I am Max, and I am a Computer Science major. My girlfriend and I are both very avid pokemon lovers and were looking for a game we could play together, and we found this. Sadly, we discovered it was still being developed, and I am applying for a position in the hopes that, in some way, I can help progress this project more quickly.

Note: I am going to be working as a camp counselor from may 26 to august 8, but I can work before and after that (Im sure there is no shortage of work around here).

The programming languages I know (in order of fluency) are C++, Java, C#, basic, Javascript, HTML, 80X86 assembly, and I am a fast learner if theres another yall use.

I notice there is a mapper position open which also looks like something I could enjoy and do a good job at.

What else.. I am 20 years old, Ive been playing pokemon for most of those years (since 2nd grade) and I have never stopped loving it. My girlfriend learned to speak English from watching Pokemon in Russia, so even my romantic interests point back to Pokemon :P I am friendly and learn quickly and get along well with people, and (after august 8th) will have an almost obscene amount of time I am willing to devote to this project.

If you have any further questions I am happy to answer them, and my email is [email protected] if anyone wants to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you :)
Sounds like yur just the guy they are possibly looking for ..To get in touch with any members of the PU-Team to get a quicker reply to this ..I would recommend you get on IRC ..the developers are usually there discussing things.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:52:53 PM by babyHERO »
  by- marijan2

Offline TheGreatJiraiya

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Thank you for the advice :)

I talked to them and they said they needed to see some maps Id made, so Im going to get working on that. I probably will post on Friday because I have finals tomorrow and the following day, but on Friday Ill post a whole bunch of them here and Ill see what they think :)

Offline babyHERO

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »
Thank you for the advice :)

I talked to them and they said they needed to see some maps Id made, so Im going to get working on that. I probably will post on Friday because I have finals tomorrow and the following day, but on Friday Ill post a whole bunch of them here and Ill see what they think :)
No prob, That's qood to hear.. Can't wait to see them ...Do yur best (^^)

by- marijan2