* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Chit chat thread (May contain offensive content)  (Read 1557575 times)

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
Re: Chit chat thread
« Reply #2010 on: December 11, 2010, 06:21:56 AM »
Ello, I need to make sure I understand EV Training

So you can increase EV a different way, depending on which Pokemon you battle. You can also get more of a certain stat with certain items, and if you want for example a Fast Gengar, maybe because you had moves planned where he would need to be fast, then you can fight Absols, which are fast, and get more speed when you level up? Also do you get less of the others if you get more of one?

Yes, you can use items to give Ev's, but only a maximum of ten per stat if you haven't messed with it yet. And if you wanted a Gengar with Ev's on the attack stat, then you could battle Absol. Absol gives 2 Attack EV upon defeating it. If you want a fast gengar, Try some pikachu, zigzagoon, pokemon that "naturally has the speed base stat above everything else". The stat difference won't affect some pokemon, though.

Another thing, when you get Pokemon, I know they have different stats like if a Abra had more Attack when you caught it, what does that mean?

Each stat has a "range" of numbers upon each level up. That's one probable reason why its ATK stat is higher. Another couple of probable reasons is its nature and/or Characteristic. The nature is usually a Ev booster or setback. What I mean by this is that if you have an Amandant nature(example), when you Ev train, the Evs in the attack stat is boosted by 10%, while another stat with EVs are Hindered by 10% at the same time. but if its a wild abra you caught, then the nature isn't the reason. The characteristic of the pokemon is a Automatic, Overtime booster to one Specific stat. if the characteristic is something like "Likes to thrash about" or "A little quick tempered", those will boost the Attack stat. if you think about the characteristic, you shoud be able to find out which stat will be boosted overtime. Some of this Information may be Inaccurate, but this is from my understanding...

Haven't done ^THAT^ in a long time
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 11, 2010, 06:54:02 AM »
Silver, could you direct your snow over here?

I did, but don't blame me if the air currents of the Atlantic screw with it.
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #2012 on: December 11, 2010, 07:47:54 AM »
wow... that was a long explanation.

Offline Mr Pokemon

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • I'm not dead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 11, 2010, 10:24:10 AM »
4 EVs in any stat means that when the Pokemon levels up, it will gain 1 more point in that stat. For example, if my Pikachu had 12 EVs in speed, and it leveled up, then it would gain 3 more speed points than it normally would. Natures up one stat by 10%, and drop another by 10%, it doesn't affect EVs, though. There are also some natures that have no effect on your stats at all.

Use these for more information
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: December 11, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
And that's not complete either... In total, you can get 510 EP (Effort points, or called EV some time ago) in any one pokemon which you just caught/hatched/received in event.

Of which, a maximum of 255 (or 254 I don't remember exactly) can go in any one particular stat of the pokemon concerned.

Each 4 EP will contribute to 1 stat point rise.

If you do the calculation, you only need 252 points in a particular stat to make it maximum, the rest will be wasted and could be used in other stats. (252 is the highest multiple of 4, the 2 or 3 EP not used will be wasted)

Some features doubles your EP gained after a battle, and these are Pokerus and Macho Brace.
Others, will add 4 EP after a battle. They are Power Anklet, Power Bracer and 4 more I forgot the name.

For speed, I recommend Zubats, they give 1 EP per Zubat and they are so common that you'd get your speed EP quickly.

Following your post in the EE thread, I would also advise you not to always try to balance out the stats. For a pokemon like Abra, having high Atk stats won't be much beneficial. You better max out the Sp. Atk and Spd so that it becomes a very good special sweeper. From that, you give it only special attacks. And on top of that the Modest nature which boost sp. Atk and lowers atk is most appropriate to obtain a devastating sp atk, or  the Timid nature I think which boosts speed and lowers atk.

Other places where you might instead promote balance, is when you are planning to have a Mixed Sweeper (both high atk and sp. atk and spd) or Mixed Wall (high Def, Sp. Def and probably low speed)

And concerning the Abra you caught, it could very well be a result of an atk boosting nature and a very high atk IV (individual value), which ranges from 0 to 31 in any pokemon where 31 is of course, the best and most looked for among competitive battling.

You can have lots of information on other sites, such as serebii, bulbapedia, veekun, psypokes, etc. What I just wrote down is what I learned through those various sites and combined them briefly into a post.

Then, you just look for the item to be held to further make your pokemon better. :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 11, 2010, 05:25:36 PM »
In short, Stuff happens
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 11, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »
What to do until the VGA's start in 8 1/2 hours...
The thrill in playing a game does not come from our chances of winning. It is the weight and pressure of losing that fuels our fascination. It is why people challenge, why they gamble and why they compete. The adrenaline that comes from defying defeat is what motivates us.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 11, 2010, 06:42:08 PM »
Lol Pics Thread. NAO!
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 11, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »
Chill tiem :)

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 11, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »
Finished watching Angel Beats. I don't wanna look at lol pics now....

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 11, 2010, 08:40:14 PM »
Hmmm, guitar hero?

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #2021 on: December 12, 2010, 10:42:35 PM »
that reminds me of my brother. he is a great computer every thing, he can fix any thing, but my mom has a "God" complex. she thinks she can do anything!

Offline Silver

• Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
  • Touhou Encyclopedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 12, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »
So Red Dead Redemption is the game of the year
Bioware is the studio of the year
Best Multiplayer: Halo reach
Character of the year: Sgt. Frank Woods, Call of Duty: Black Ops
Best Xbox 360 game: Mass Effect 2
Best PS3 game: God of War III
Best Wii game: Super Mario Galaxy 2
Best PC game: Starcraft 2
Best Handheld game: God of war: Ghosts of Sparta
Best Shooter: Call of Duty: Black Ops
Best Action Adventure: Assasin's Creed: Brotherhood
Best RPG: Mass Effect 2
Best Individual Sports game: Tiger Woods PGA 2011
Best Team sports game: NBA 2K11
Best Driving game: Need for Speed: Hot pursuit
Best Music game: RockBand 3
Best Soundtrack: DJ hero 2
Best Song in a game: "Far Away" by José González, Red Dead Redemption
Best Original Score: Red Dead Redemption
Best graphics: God of War III
Best Adapted Game: Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Best performance by a Human Male: Neil Patrick Harris as Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Best Performance by a Human Female: Tricia Helfer as Sarah Kerrigan, StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Best Downloadable game: Costume Quest
Best DLC: Red Dead redemption: Undead Nightmare
Best Independant game: Limbo
Most Anticipated game: Portal 2

And those are the results from yesterday for those who weren't able to watch it/didn't care.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 12, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »
Woods IS pretty awesome. I raged when he died.

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:36 AM »
Hey, uh SPOILERS!
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.