* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Vitto! The Pokemon Godfather  (Read 5687 times)

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Vitto! The Pokemon Godfather
« on: June 11, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »
This is a quest for experienced players and would be located in a small rural town. It would be outside of the hardest gym town. Immediately you notice the town is not normal. There is no gym, there are small rural farms, with a mart that sells berries only and maybe milktank milk. What draws your attention is two huge buildings. One is a police station and the other is a large mansion. You cannot enter the mansion because two men in black block your path. If you enter the police station a grey bearded man will bump into you.
He will tell you that this small rural town is being over run by a family of racketeers and  smugglers. You are needed right away and the man drags you into a room. He tells you he would like you to help him break the town free from the Mob.
Here you can choose to accept or decline the quest and the policeman will wait here for you until you accept.
If you accept you will be shown upstairs the head quarters. Here there is two rooms. One is a training room with three police officers with some strong Pokémon you can continually use to train with. Next is the briefing room, you can come back here after each mini quest. Note they will remain here until you complete the quest meaning you can pick this quest up whenever you choose.
Your first task is to deliver some recorded phone calls to the detective on the edge of town. He has been undercover so they cannot have a uniformed officer drop of the tapes. You take the tapes and give them to the Detective (PI Sprite). You then return to the police station and they tell you to train more as their isn’t any tasks at the moment. You can go away for a while but an hour of your play time since you are sent away you get a phone call from the detective.
He asks you to help him break into the mansion to steal some files detailing the illegal finances of imitation milktank milk they are importing. You meet him in the cover of darkness at the back of the mansion. You enter the mansion and have to use stealth, waiting in corners were the detective tells you whilst guard walks past. Eventually you get to a guarded room. You and the detective enter a double battle with the guards. After you beat them you enter the room. The Detective is investigating the file cabinets when a suited man and two men in black walk in. The two men drag away the detective and the suited man, named Vitto, says something along the lines of “I’m gonna make you an offer you cant refuse”.

You begin to work for the Don. After each task you complete the don gives you substantial money. The first task is to deliver some money to a gangster outside of town. You get say 1,000 for this task. You are then asked to deliver a letter to the Dons son in a hideout on the outskirts of town. You complete this task and get 2,000 and the Dons trust. You then are asked to to battle a local farmers son, a powerful trainer who is causing trouble. You go down stairs in the mansion to see a trainer surrounded by three black clothed men. You battle him with a few regular Pokémon and a strong milktank. After beating him you are asked to protect a shipment of milk at a fueling station. As it is re fueling the detective appears. You apologies but defeat him and his evee. You keep getting larger instalments of money after each task. Finally you are asked enter the home of the police captain and defeat him in a Pokémon battle. You travel to the captain's house and the captain manages to remind you of your morals and convince you to help him. The two of you storm the mansion. Beating the two guards at the door and two more sets of guards before you reach Vitto.
Vitto is disappointed in you but realizes his time was up. He gives you a letter before you battle. He has a strong team including a Nidoking and a powerful Ditto (Vitto/Ditto get it!).
After you beat him two large chests of coins are found. These are used to help the milktank farming community. You are awarded with a key to the city allowing you to Train on the farms (possibly the only place to catch milktanks) and to train in the police station.
After you leave you read the letter. It is from Vitto saying how he knew his time was up and he appreciated everything you had done for him. He tells you of a chest behind the mountain. You click on a large tree and you find a chest. In the chest you discover 20,000 coins.
The quest is now over. You descended into crime but was bought back to reality by a wise captain. You come out of it with a key to the city and around 35,000 coins.

- Buzz -
Narcissism, Arrogance and Antipathy are the key to my existance...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Vitto! The Pokemon Godfather
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:18:16 PM »
First, you shouldn't be able to battle the three policemen again and again, I find potential abuse from this part.

Original plot though.

I like it, even if it doesn't quite make sense that you temporarily become a criminal. I mean, you're now an 'experienced' trainer, having gone through many quests and now, you work for a don? Or perhaps, you may say that you mislead the don, that all of this was originally a plan from the chief officer and the detective if ever things got bad, or you make up some other way.

It's up to you, I'm not saying you should change the quest, I'm just putting some feedback from me.

Oh, and next time, try putting some spacing between paragraphs, it makes it easier to read and doesn't make you feel that there is a lot to read :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
Perhaps you face a choice. You can either work for the Don, or investigate him. It doesn't really make sense to keep switching your morals...

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 06:34:50 AM »
Yeah maybe you can limit the traiin to only being able to face each one once per day or something.
However i think you are underestimating the character. This quest is about complexity and growth. He is "switching morals" his morals are evolving. He starts of as he has for the past quests he has done with the character constantly takign the good side. He is then corrupted by the influence of money. However he is woken up and makes up for his descent.
We should not be simplifying the character that much into some super human morrally correct person. Everyone has a dark side and this is that characters exploration into that.
- buzz -

Offline greenCoconut

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 07:11:01 AM »
i like the story. nice

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
Yeah maybe you can limit the traiin to only being able to face each one once per day or something.
However i think you are underestimating the character. This quest is about complexity and growth. He is "switching morals" his morals are evolving. He starts of as he has for the past quests he has done with the character constantly takign the good side. He is then corrupted by the influence of money. However he is woken up and makes up for his descent.
We should not be simplifying the character that much into some super human morrally correct person. Everyone has a dark side and this is that characters exploration into that.
- buzz -
Yes, I understand this. But as you stated that it will be by the hardest Gym, I assume that the quest is supposed to be late in the game. By this time and through many other quests featuring 'Baddies' they should already have their priorities straight.

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 03:23:03 PM »
Exactly thats the whole point they have gone through a whole game of doing what is 'right'. Monotony kills! This would be the first quest were the other side actually has something to offer. Also all the quest i have read and in the games the quests are also mainly about the baddies stealing pokemon. He has got his priorities on the pokemon stealing he values pokemon and that is his endearing fact but this quest isnt about pokemon it's about money and the mob they dont care about pokemon. He only delves into one side of his moralls not completely reverse them as you are suggesting.

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 03:24:56 PM »
Exactly thats the whole point they have gone through a whole game of doing what is 'right'. Monotony kills! This would be the first quest were the other side actually has something to offer. Also all the quest i have read and in the games the quests are also mainly about the baddies stealing pokemon. He has got his priorities on the pokemon stealing he values pokemon and that is his endearing fact but this quest isnt about pokemon it's about money and the mob they dont care about pokemon. He only delves into one side of his moralls not completely reverse them as you are suggesting.
So basically, you're saying that you know what every single other quest before this point in the game will entail? Please enlighten me.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 06:22:48 PM »
So basically, you're saying that you know what every single other quest before this point in the game will entail? Please enlighten me.

Right on Declan!

The thing is, if the trainer isn't still not sure where his 'morals' are based, why is he still trying to get badges? He would be now trying to get them the easy way, stealing or something like that. Or even better, stop his/her journey as a trainer for a fresh start as a bad guy, with the only goal is to make money and gain power through malpractices. Then, his badges will be of no use...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline BuzzKillington

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 05:34:04 AM »
No Declan if you actually read what i said i said the quest ideas i have read and the quests from the original games have all dealt pokemon being stolen.
And nothing i ever said related to is morals about badges and stuff in this quest quest he never steals anyhting, there is nothing in that would challenge his morals regarding pokemon or badges. What you obviously havent read is that i believe that a persons morals are not so simple as you sugeest. I am suggesting that a persons morals are more complex and can have different levels of reighchousness on different levels.
For example i wouldnt slaughter animals (i.e the pokemon of pu world) but if i would commit other small crimes, like hte ones in this quest.
This quest is the depth and complexity of ones morals. And i think it would be fun for a player regardless of the level of moral complexity i am suggesting and you are failing to understand.
- Buzz -