* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Musician/Voice Actor  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Senriaa

• New Trainer
  • I do stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Musician, Voice Actor, All-Around Badass
Musician/Voice Actor
« on: June 22, 2010, 04:45:17 AM »
http://senriaa.webs.com/
That's all the stuff that I can show you; there is more of my work being used in other productions and I cannot upload until they have been released, for obvious reasons.

[spoiler]I'm 17 and live in the United States, so there are two requirements that aren't met, but I am on the IRC frequently and I am on Skype ALL THE TIME, so drop me a line if you're interested. If I am playing a game, you can also message me on Steam. If I am nowhere to be seen, send me an Email and I will respond as soon as I can.[/spoiler]

Steam: Master_Yuke
Email: [email protected]

Quote from: Pokémon Shoddy Battle
MasterYuke: wait I just thought of something--we have Toxic spikes, but not Flaming spikes or Paralysis spikes.
CRC: sleep spikes
MasterYuke: SLEEP SPIKES. Get this man a motherf@$#ing gold medal.
(MasterYuke is my Shoddy Battle name, let's battle sometime!)

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
Re: Musician/Voice Actor
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 08:12:56 PM »
I saw the stuff on your site, mainly from the first playlist, and that's pretty sweet :)

I don't know what pieces of music of my own you have listened to, but be aware that I also compose metal music using realistic VST's and my own guitar recordings, not only the Pokémon GBA synth sounds. I wouldn't mind in a way if you joined the team as a musician, but for now I'm not wanting to let anyone else in for this position. I don't want to be an ass, and as I've said in another topic and will say here again, nothing against you in particular, as from your work you seem a better musician than anyone else I've seen applying for the position. Here's the reason I stated in this topic:

"Me and Mr_Dark have very specific ideas in terms of what we want to do for this game. Perhaps about half of the soundtrack has been composed, and it follows some particular defined leitmotiffs, as well as the composition styles used by original Pokémon game composers Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose. Also, each piece of music is proccessed through the Gameboy Advance synth, which is a frustrating proccess when things go wrong for no reason, because there's a limit of 5 notes at the same time and there are specific groups of instruments that can be used for one song. I've been composing since like, September, and it still messes me up sometimes.

Nothing against you in particular, you're not the first person to want to collaborate with music for the soundtrack. The only reason we never really defined that nobody else could join the job is because I always tend to think about it from my own perspective of when I discovered PU. But to avoid more situations like this I'll just set the job position as locked.

If you do want any of your music to appear in some form in the game, maybe we could do something about that, I don't know. There have been ideas such as an in-game radio or something, but we have to think that through."

So, maybe something can be sorted out if you still wish to contribute in some way with music to the game, but that'll have to be discussed later.

As for your voice acting, don't know how it can be fit in the game, but I like it, it's pretty awesome ;D and maybe something can be done with that. Dunno much.

Hope you understand, any questions please put them here :3
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Senriaa

• New Trainer
  • I do stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Musician, Voice Actor, All-Around Badass
Re: Musician/Voice Actor
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:49:34 AM »
Well like I said, I can send you a midi file of what I have for the battle theme I've been working on so far, and you can put it in as a movement of one of your other battle themes. You don't have to if you don't want to remaster another thing, of course :D

Quote from: Pokémon Shoddy Battle
MasterYuke: wait I just thought of something--we have Toxic spikes, but not Flaming spikes or Paralysis spikes.
CRC: sleep spikes
MasterYuke: SLEEP SPIKES. Get this man a motherf@$#ing gold medal.
(MasterYuke is my Shoddy Battle name, let's battle sometime!)