* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Breeding.  (Read 19139 times)

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
Pokemon Breeding.
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:38:38 AM »
So when you breed pokemon, the baby pokemon would be happier and would fight better if it's around it's "mother" or "father" until like they reach like Lv. 5 or something. Like a beginners boost. And there would be another slot in your bag or something to keep the parents so you wouldnt have to keep it in your team the whole time. I dunno it seems kinda cool xD

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Breeding.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:43:28 AM »
No... only 6 Pkmn per team, shame on you for asking of more xD
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Monzta

• CharlesedickNB
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Effectively.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:13 AM »
No... only 6 Pkmn per team, shame on you for asking of more xD
( And there would be another slot in your bag or something to keep the parents so you wouldnt have to keep it in your team the whole time. )
And in that slot it won't be able to fight, it just encourages the baby pokemon. It's a different slot so it WONT add to the team.

Offline TheGr8

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:32:05 AM »
Yahh 6 pokes only :D but breeding sounds cool though. I would like to see it implemented if already not put in.

^^ My old buddy Thinkle77 made this

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
While it kind of makes sense, the pokemon will hatch in your hands, right? So, the boost will come from you, not from the actual pokemon's parents ::)

I don't know if the PU team has any previsions for that, but it does sound interesting... the only thing I see is about starter pokemons. They who most of the time are the pokemon which will be with the trainer all the time will sort of be overshadowed by their 'babies'.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 01:36:47 AM »
While it kind of makes sense, the pokemon will hatch in your hands, right? So, the boost will come from you, not from the actual pokemon's parents ::)...
...They who most of the time are the pokemon which will be with the trainer all the time will sort of be overshadowed by their 'babies'.
...Overshadowed? How so? Anyways, this would make sense, but the game never actually showed the egg hatching in the trainer's hands. While it's logical to assume that the trainer would be holding it at the time, what if, under certain circumstances, the parents of the pokemon WERE on your team? I would think that they wouldn't let anybody else touch the egg as it's about to hatch. And according to the anime, it would be possible for them to bust out of the pokeball if they were so inclined to be with the egg. So, what if the parents were on your team when the egg hatched? Then it might make sense that the bonus came from them, rather than the trainer.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
Well... 100% of times for me, the egg hatch with the parents still at the say care... or they're already in the pokemon box.

The point is, I don't think that a bonus should be given to bred pokemon. You already have an extent of control on the bred pokemon in the hand held games. 4 random IVs from the parents, and only two random if you use the power items. So, breeding already comes with its own little bonus.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »
Egg getting hatched at the daycare? I believe you're confusing the word hatched with the word laid.

I'm not sure about the kind of boosts the person is talking about.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 11:16:58 PM »
Egg getting hatched at the daycare? I believe you're confusing the word hatched with the word laid.

I'm not sure about the kind of boosts the person is talking about.
This reminds me of a game called "The Necroinator". You play the role of a necromancer.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 11:28:03 AM »
No, I mean, the egg hatches after I got it from the Daycare Man but I don't take the pokemon from the Daycare. So the egg hatches when the parents are still in the Daycare. Makes sense?

I don't make them lay only one egg, but several eggs in a row, and then I pick the one I like the best (or I stop until I'm satisfied with the newly hatched pokemon)

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
No, I mean, the egg hatches after I got it from the Daycare Man but I don't take the pokemon from the Daycare. So the egg hatches when the parents are still in the Daycare. Makes sense?

I don't make them lay only one egg, but several eggs in a row, and then I pick the one I like the best (or I stop until I'm satisfied with the newly hatched PokeMinion Army)
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:21 PM »
Well, you can call it like that. I once came up with three boxes filled with Mudkips :P

All of them were neh though, until I got one with 4 sets of 31 IVs and the other two above 25 IVs ;D

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
Quote from: My dull witted clone
how does i use iv
No, seriously. I just use pokemon to beat up other pokemon. What is all this IV business?

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »
IVs are what make pokemon unique from each other. It's why you can catch two of the same species of pokemon at the same level, but their stats will be different. It's a hidden value that adds to their base stats when they are caught or born, and can't be changed.

Offline Hova

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 03:54:07 AM »
awesome