* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Anime] Hellsing  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Tealize

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
[Anime] Hellsing
« on: July 16, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
I watched the first two episodes of this at Anime Expo last week.  It looks really wicked and I can't wait to watch the rest of it.  It seems to be one of those few anime series that people prefer in English (I'm assuming because of the english/irish/american accents that you can't hear when it's in Japanese). 

Basically Hellsing is a vampire anime.  There's this vampire, Alucard, that is employed by the Hellsing agency to keep other lethal vampires at bay.  He has an assistant vampire that he created too and her name is Seras.  There's this other Irish guy (I don't remember his name, sorry XD) that works for the church and is trying to kill Alucard and his agency even though they are trying to do good.  It's really action packed and bloody :)

Anyone else watch Hellsing? From what I understand it's a pretty popular anime.

Here's a pic:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:22:22 AM by Tealize »

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
Re: [Anime] Hellsing
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:36:52 AM »
I TiVoed the Hellsing anime back in '05. I have it stored on a vhs somewhere around the house. It's been a while since i've seen but from what I remember, it is very good and is fairly under-rated in North America. I hate that a real sequel was never made.

The last scene is especially irritating, now that I know for a fact that a season 2 will almost, inevitably, never be made.

Mi brother has a few manga volumes.. not sure if it's still ongoing.. but I couldnt get into it.

I do remember a few adult themes, so neither isn't for everyone.

Kinda surprised there are still anime watchers out there that hadnt seen it before.

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
I watched the first two episodes of this at Anime Expo last week.  It looks really wicked and I can't wait to watch the rest of it.  It seems to be one of those few anime series that people prefer in English (I'm assuming because of the english/irish/american accents that you can't hear when it's in Japanese). 

Basically Hellsing is a vampire anime.  There's this vampire, Alucard, that is employed by the Hellsing agency to keep other lethal vampires at bay.  He has an assistant vampire that he created too and her name is Seras.  There's this other Irish guy (I don't remember his name, sorry XD) that works for the church and is trying to kill Alucard and his agency even though they are trying to do good.  It's really action packed and bloody :)

Anyone else watch Hellsing? From what I understand it's a pretty popular anime.

Here's a pic:

It's not bad, but I have to say that hellsing unlimited was much better than regular hellsing. I had watched all of the episodes of hellsing and it was good but I have to say the way they ended it was kinda stupid. It's like, "That's what you leave with?!" EVIL!
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika
(")_(") into your profile to help her gain world domination!

Offline chocobo

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »
A big problem you'll find with the Hellsing series is when you get to the OAV series Hellsing Ultimate. It ends on a note in which makes you a little angry. Whether Funimation decided to drop the project or not I don't know, but it just didn't seem finished. Many people have complain about the same things as well.

Good luck with it though. I wasn't really a fan. I don't much get into vampire stories. However, it was created with the help of Geneon Studios and they are always known for fantastic work and animation.

Offline zelphie

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:11 AM »
Um, that is true but that is the same for the original I mean it ended with integra locked up and alucard came and I guess was trying to get her to change into a vamp. To me that ending sucked, and as for the anime if you want to see the ending I think you can still read the manga's. Even though it won't really be exactly the same as the anime it could still leave you with something better, <.< I'm not really into hellsing anymore all that much i only watch it now and again. So I don't know how far they are going with the manga.
(\__/)
(?'.'? ) paste Pika
(")_(") into your profile to help her gain world domination!