* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated  (Read 96093 times)

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
Things about the Pokemon Games you hated
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:34:23 AM »
We all have some gripes about the games. The rival's type advantage, the ugly [insert new Pokemon here], the lack of luster in the NPC's dialogue....

What did yah'll hate about the games? (Explain why if possible)

-

I hated (in the earlier) games the fact that one couldn't re-battled a trainer. Battling wild Pokemon didn't get me anything other then exp. Well, unless you had a Meowth. >.> And even then it wasn't as much as a trained Pokemon. :(

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
Re: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »
one thing i don't really like is when you are 5-6 levels underleveled, like I currently am on my SoulSilver game. they should give you more trainers to train against for those kinds of people who actually do go through the game with a full team of 6 pokemon.
I like slowpoke.

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
The main plot is ALWAYS: Evil Team [insert name] is trying to take over the world with legendary Pokemon, [insert new legendaries]! Player battles Evil Team single handedly in large building, while Team Grunts are defeated one by one and totally don't mind if you have to leave and heal your Pokemon half way through, they'll wait for you to finish whenever you like. You defeat them just before they succeed in taking over the world etc.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
The main plot is ALWAYS: Evil Team [insert name] is trying to take over the world with legendary Pokemon, [insert new legendaries]! Player battles Evil Team single handedly in large building, while Team Grunts are defeated one by one and totally don't mind if you have to leave and heal your Pokemon half way through, they'll wait for you to finish whenever you like. You defeat them just before they succeed in taking over the world etc.

Lol. I thought it was to become a Pokemon Masta!!!!111!

But, the above is just so true. :P Don't forget about the mandatory warp mats/puzzles/doors-with-buttons-on-other-floors!

Offline Flashy

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:18 AM »
Having no repels when walking in the grass.

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 03:17:22 AM »
You could always take the longer approach, and use cut continuously. :P

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
-Gets back from playing Diamond-

I especially hate those stupid trainers with six slots of useless Pokemon. I don't need to battle Magikarp six times in a row to already know I hate it.  >:(

Offline Dracoules

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 02:15:53 AM »
Having to use the HM flash on one your prized Pokemon when no pokemon center was around to get one you didn't like.
Yeah, I know right?

Offline mightygamer2

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 04:08:05 PM »
and that's why i'm smart and always keep my party stocked up with one pokemon that's has all those crappy moves...the thing that bugged me the most was the fact that i forget to save right before battling a legendary and then, either realizing that i either don't have enough pokeballs (and all the corresponding catching devices) or that my pokemon are too strong to get it within range of capturing it without dying...

Offline Tattlefox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 02:54:53 PM »
All the zubats you encounter when you hit the caves. ZUBATS EVERYWHERE e_e

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »
Lol. Zubats--which you use an electrical attack on, but then you run into a Rock type the next couple times.  ::)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 11:31:55 PM »
I hate it that the game is linear (ie. you need to unlock all routes and towns), I like game where I can go everywhere and just scout the world (Morrowind).
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Kuhns

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
I hate it that the game is linear (ie. you need to unlock all routes and towns), I like game where I can go everywhere and just scout the world (Morrowind).

If you're talking Elder Scrolls, that game swallowed me up and I never came out. xD I played for months...still....no end in sight. >.<

Although, I often found myself running away fighting enemies at much higher levels than me. :P

Offline Urmel

• Founder/Developer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • You are now blinking manually
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »

If you're talking Elder Scrolls, that game swallowed me up and I never came out. xD I played for months...still....no end in sight. >.<

Although, I often found myself running away fighting enemies at much higher levels than me. :P
Haha, gotta love being followed by strong enemies in elder scrolls. It's especially funny to lure them to guards, who then get slaughtered by them ;D And then steal their armor :P

Offline Hyakko

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2010, 01:53:15 PM »
There is much to be said as for what i hated.

1. In all of the pokemon games, the fire type is always hard mode, the water type is normal mode and the plant type is easy mode. Why  the hell is charizard not a fire/dragon? Why is gyarados not a water/dragon? These two are dragons gyarados is the only one between the two THAT knows dragon moves, why can't he be a dragon type? I'll never know...
2. Why in all stories its always some EVIL team that forces US to get the legendaries?
3. I hate yellow version because it is based of an anime i hate and wish for it to die. No logic unlike red and blue.
4.And gold/silver/Crystal series was fueled by a gotta catch em all craze, with the new real time clock, which meant you had to set your clock right not for the right time but to be able to access both all the time frames in your waking hours. some of my most favored powerfull pokemon were only caught during the night or at dusk and dawn. Like why the hell would someone go all out during the night  to feverishly catch some stupid pokemon that should be caught in his waking hours like if the day night system was akin to harvest moon. And that in itself is a cruel farce. what's worse is that it is now an endorsed feature in al the following series of pokemon.
5.Ok in diamond/pearl/platinum they actually pegged down the gottacatch em all craze, but seriously why start with the IVs and EVs trap. It took most of the fun away from making a powerhouse by forcing IV breeding and EV training to get the absolute best from your pokemon. honnestly, I think they should have had that reworked so that its not the sheer amount of fights emons you fight but rather how much you make to pay for specialized training for EV values. You should have a visible EV status menu to keep track of the values you gain so you can easily prune off what you don't want.
6. Seriously why nerf moves like twister? Just for its damage potential now makes that move about as worth while as SPLASH. Why should bite be dark? crunch maybe but not bite it's a move  that started as a normal type.
7. I hated pokemon Darkness on game cube. like what the hell, I am supposed to not kill any pokemon at all holding back on everyfight so i can recapture all those pokemons by force and deny the potential of power in my pokemons, clearly a dum idea. its like telling Ryu hayabusa not to kill anyone in a ninja gaiden game. seriously dumb game idea. Do you have any idea how hard it is to fight without hurting pokemon that keep attacking you?

You know i had played avatar recently and games should never be based ona story of a movie or anime, but rather on a setting of the movie or anime, that would have worked better in the firstplace. like sure you need a license to use certain moves but you know making it always necessary to stop at a gym to get a licence is kinda stupid when we all know that to get a licence you need to write some papper work. The world should be expanded for the makers of pokemon to actually use what should work instead of hollywood logic.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 01:57:11 PM by Hyakko »