* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated  (Read 96094 times)

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
Re: Things about the Pokemon Games you hated
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »
Starters are not baby pokemon, they are bred by a special breeder who hatches as trains baby pokemon so they're ready to be used as a beginner's first pokemon. Sending a brand new trainer out into the wild with only a newly hatched baby pokemon to defend himself would be insane, lol.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline joe198098

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 08:17:39 AM »
i hate how a stupid animation pops up every time you use a HM.  just let me get through the stupid cave!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »
Fortunately, they are not that long ::) There should be an option to turn that off in the game though...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline chaosdestroyer

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
i hate that you cant get a pokemon to follow you in every game
people who live in the past never see whats right in front of them

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 02:55:17 AM »
I hated how in Y/R/B you had to WALK everywhere :'( and how all the sprites looked the same in your inventory.

I also kind of hate the "crys" in the pokedex. They're all the same poop! The same annoying "aksldfjgnsdfn" noise. I mean i know they're not literally the same noise, but really !?!? Why the hell a screeching noise for every pokemon?! At least give the effort to put in real pokemon sounds, or just dont put that in at all...

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 05:14:12 AM »
I hated how in Y/R/B you had to WALK everywhere :'( and how all the sprites looked the same in your inventory.

I also kind of hate the "crys" in the pokedex. They're all the same crap! The same annoying "aksldfjgnsdfn" noise. I mean i know they're not literally the same noise, but really !?!? Why the hell a screeching noise for every pokemon?! At least give the effort to put in real pokemon sounds, or just dont put that in at all...

There was the bike in RBY, and exclusively in yellow, your pikachu would say 'Pika!'. Just saying.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline kniveslove

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 02:03:05 AM »
This is not a hate toward Pokemon games in general just feel like it missing it! All Pokemon games claimed to be RPG but they lag the big part of what make RPG fun it the side quest. The little things we could do in the between and out of the main story. Why should all trainers just go out leveled up their team. Get the badges Defeat team "...." and beat the Elite 4 then bam... game over. A couple of previous post mention Elder Scroll series. Bethesda is evil I tell ya. They make game that suck people in for hours. I m not asking to make a Pokemon as big and wide as Elder Scroll or Fall Out. Just have some random quest on a side maybe every town should have a couple some thing like A Rhyhorn/Rhydon is attacking all the pokemon in the area or there is a Rubat raid every night in the village... something just so we could do and maybe fail because we was too weak atm then we could come back later for it. a little reward would be nice. some credit. maybe a stone perhaps. That is just my hope maybe other have better input.

Anyway thanks for all the hard work that the staff did to make this all possible.
The more I learn the more I know.The more I know the more I forget.The more I forget the less I know...So why bother?

PS: I do know it all it just that I can't remember all at once.

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
Dude, really. Have you read anything on the forums? Like the 'Write a Quest' type of thing? Its not going to be just battling gym leaders. Don't want to be mean, not my intention, but before you post again please read through-out the forums so you could get an understanding of what the game is like. It would be better off than posting a bunch of non-sense. I mean we all do this sometimes in our lives but say its a tip ya know ;)

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 07:46:49 AM »
Dude, really. Have you read anything on the forums? Like the 'Write a Quest' type of thing? Its not going to be just battling gym leaders. Don't want to be mean, not my intention, but before you post again please read through-out the forums so you could get an understanding of what the game is like. It would be better off than posting a bunch of non-sense. I mean we all do this sometimes in our lives but say its a tip ya know ;)

He/She wasn't talking about PU. They were talking about the usual bland that goes into the [official] Pokemon games: fight other Pokemon trainers, get badges, try to complete the Pokedex.... The blahblahblah that come in every game...every time...of every release. Won't stop me from getting the new ones though. ;D

So, tip of the day: Read the above post carefully before you make a new post on what the previous poster was supposedly doing wrong.  ::)

P.S.

I know what you mean kniveslove. I wish we could at least customize our characters a bit. Or maybe even pick the town we came from. :P 

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »
I hated that flash was never necessary to get and there were like 3 levels of annoying dark cave and you were too poor to afford repels  >:(

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 01:08:40 PM »

He/She wasn't talking about PU. They were talking about the usual bland that goes into the [official] Pokemon games: fight other Pokemon trainers, get badges, try to complete the Pokedex.... The blahblahblah that come in every game...every time...of every release. Won't stop me from getting the new ones though. ;D

So, tip of the day: Read the above post carefully before you make a new post on what the previous poster was supposedly doing wrong.  ::)

P.S.

I know what you mean kniveslove. I wish we could at least customize our characters a bit. Or maybe even pick the town we came from. :P

Whoops I didnt mean to write this in this topic, I must have did the previous and next thing to go to this topic, haha my bad. Hope i didnt offend anybody here. Sorry again.

Offline Rolien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 04:06:45 AM »

I also kind of hate the "crys" in the pokedex. They're all the same crap! The same annoying "aksldfjgnsdfn" noise. I mean i know they're not literally the same noise, but really !?!? Why the hell a screeching noise for every pokemon?! At least give the effort to put in real pokemon sounds, or just dont put that in at all...

There was the bike in RBY, and exclusively in yellow, your pikachu would say 'Pika!'. Just saying.

I recently plugged in my pokemon yellow into my GBA to see what pokemon i had on it did this with all my pokemon games but yes the pikachu did say pika....however....when it said PIKA it was screechie to where it made your ears bleed....

One thing I hate in all pokemon games...there is always a pokemon you cannot catch without cheats of some sort or going to some lame thing to get it on your game....a example is Mew.

much much hate....Complete the pokedex! oh you cant catch that one....

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 06:22:54 AM »
well in some of the games you could head to other regions by contiuneing after you deafeat elite 4
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline Sch3rox

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
i hate in all the edition that the story is too short and you complete it within a few days.After the mainstory its soo boring that you start the game over and over agagin...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 04:02:28 PM »
well in some of the games you could head to other regions by contiuneing after you deafeat elite 4

I only knew about the 2nd generation games. Are there any other games where you can go to multiple regions?

Anyway, my complaint is the afterstory. You know, the part you can do after you beat the game? It was so damn short, and so damn boring, that no-one wanted to do it! Heart Gold and Soul Silver are their best creations yet, but it still isn't perfect. I think nintendo should come out with a game that...

1) Has a long overall story
2) Can get updates for new adventures

Think about it:You could go to events (like ones at gamestop) and connect to Wi-Fi to get new things to do, so the game never gets old. Kinda like online games. Even if they did make this, NOTHING could EVER replace Pokemon Universe.