* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: That thing; and what we did not, said Professor Oak.  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Cogarutsu

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
That thing; and what we did not, said Professor Oak.
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:48:14 AM »
Is is just me or is it every season of Pokemon the creature seem to get bigger and nobody noticed them before. I understand the evolutionary thing, that pokemon has never been evolved too before OMG! No not buying it; I remember the pokemon first season episode featureing Dragonite for the first time, or rather his blurry image in the dark as if he was big foot. This pokemon was as big as a cliff side off the coast, yet later on you see dragonite quite a bit as the seasons roll and not one was much bigger than a charazard. whole thing on it is that can you imagin people standing on the outskirts of a forest looking at I don't know a a yanmega flys by, someone would think OMG a gaint BUG pokemon, then be shushed "SHHHHHH, what are you trying to ruin us?, wait until next season!".   Don't quote me on this, however Hoho was on the second or first episode, and it took forever to figure that one out not until pokemon silver, gold, and crystal was relieased not that crystal ever got the prestige that Gold brought even less silver. 

The grand point is adding a new location ever season seems to work for the board  however they have to be running out of ideas for this by now. I mean we have light and dark, ever known element,  reliments as well meaning like space and time even god pokemon, WHERE DO YOU GO AFTER YOU MAKE GOD POKEMON???

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: That thing; and what we did not, said Professor Oak.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
First of all; it's Ho-oh, not Hoho and it debuts in the very first episode; "Pokemon - I choose you!"

Second of all. What is so weird about a giant(larger) Dragonite?

Through the seasons, the pokemon anime has shown us multiple variations of pokemons. To show some examples:

The Crystal Onix:

Pink Nidoking found on Pinkan Isle in the Orange isles.

And we know for a fact that every pokemon is different from one another. Nature and size.

The anime also gives an example of size differences, where May's Squirtle is distinct from Ash's Squirtle, as it is much younger and smaller. Same thing goes for Ash's Krabby and Gary's Krabby as seen below.

So it is not impossible with giant pokemons - even if they are rare.
The only reason why Dragonite is covered up in mist and dark colours, is because the animaters didn't want to spoil such a rare treat at such an early moment in the series.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
There was also an episode with Bruno trying to catch a giant Onyx, so yea, it definitely happens.

also
Your're welcome
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:43:37 AM by Kamaran »

Offline DivineX

• Beginning Trainer
  • I've done that before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
They grow like every other animal, human, etc.
Quote from: Captain Obvious
I will live until I die.
see my cheezburger profile and my lolz here: http://cheezburger.com/w00terz/