* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Poll

Favorite Dragon Type

Garchomp
8 (23.5%)
Flygon
3 (8.8%)
Dragonite
9 (26.5%)
Salamence
4 (11.8%)
Altaria
0 (0%)
Ononokusu
2 (5.9%)
Sazandra
4 (11.8%)
Kurimugan
2 (5.9%)
Kingdra
2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: The Ultimate Debate!  (Read 16002 times)

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Debate!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:28 PM »
Salamence is OU in some servers. He was in OU in the server I went to, which I believe was Smogon University. dragonite was UU, though, so Salamence was still a tier level higher.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »
Salamence is OU in some servers. He was in OU in the server I went to, which I believe was Smogon University. dragonite was UU, though, so Salamence was still a tier level higher.

When was the last time you played there? Because Salamence is now Uber on Smogon and Dragonite is OU. Dont kno when they changed it.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 01:37:05 AM »
True that he has superior speed and attacking stats than his counter parts, he has a draw back, his defenses suck! he can barely survive an ice based move. he carries a double weakness to ice. not a "GOD" as you say. If we are talking about dragons before gen 5 dragonite, after, Sazandora. (I think that is how you spell it.)

And why would dragonite be superior to salamence? They have the same typing, and the only thing dragonite has on salamence is better defense, which i would take the better offence on salamence any day.

There is a reason Salamence is listed as Uber and Dragonite isnt
Another example of differing opinions, most of my team is usually frail sweepers that hit hard and die quickly, so I like to have at least one pokemon that can take at least one hit and come back for vengeance when I am done. Besides that their attack stat is only 2 points away from each other, Salamence 405, Dragonite 403, because of his superior defenses he is "BETTER". On top of that Dragonite can learn dragon dance wich means he can get faster, and faster, and faster, and faster, and faster. and FASTER!!!!!!

So tell me why Salamence is still an uber and Dragonite isnt then if you still believe hes better?

To educate you as to why, here is this: Salamence has better Attack, HP, SpAtk, and Speed, AND he can learn Dragon Dance also. The only thing Dragonite has on Salamence is superior defense and SpDef, but that becomes void because sweepers dont need that. If you have ever played competitively you would know that the only effective way to use Dragonite is as a support(which is rare) and a sweeper, and Salamence is almost always used as a sweeper. Because of this, Salamence is a better option over Dragonite as a sweeper because the goal of a sweeper is not to take hits, its to kill... fast. Unless you would be using Dragonite as a support for some unknown reason, Salamence is the better option.

However you couldnt even pick Salamence is a Shoddy Battle because hes Uber and most battles are done in OU, but that's beside the point. There aren't tiers in PU.
For starters I know that Salamence can learn Dragon Dance, And I have never played competivily, none of my friends like pokemon, and I don't have a viable wireless internet connection. Second, we will never see eye to eye, you like fast sweepers, I like a sweeper that can take a hit or two. Differing opinions of what makes a good sweeper. But if you read my last post I say that I like fragile Sweepers that can be taken down with one hit, so I always have one pokemon that can take a hit very well, and survive with enough HP to win the battle.

What does having a viable wireless internet connection have to do with this? If your saying you doubt you could do shoddy battle then good luck playing PU.

And your downfall is that you have never played competitively. Believe me, it will change how you view alot of pokemon once you do. Its not that hard to play shoddy battle, try it out.
Ahhhhh shody battle, I tried it once but now I can't use it any more I am going to try to reinstall it thx for the advice

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 02:44:04 AM »
Make sure you have Java. that's what happened to me. I got a new hard drive, and couldn't play SB, but eventually I remembered I needed Java.

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 03:21:36 AM »
Yeah all I had to do was re install it, it works now!