* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: 5th gen and Dream World  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
5th gen and Dream World
« on: October 19, 2010, 01:55:26 PM »
I think i read somewhere that when 5th gen comes out in English yall were gonna put it in eventually, so i had a couple questions about that. Mainly, Dream World. Im assuming yall arent going to put the actual dream world into PU, so will yall just be giving the pokemon the option to have the new abilities and skills they could learn when they are caught and level up, just like normal?

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
Re: 5th gen and Dream World
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »
There is currently no plan to include the 5th gen. This will most likely be done with time. Also, we have our own world, so we won't include any nintendo world.

Hope that answers your question.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
Guess Baka doesn't know that 'The Dreamworld' is a fictive world on your PC, which you can connect to with your DS blah blah blah.

No - we will, at this point, not include a Dreamworld. But I know that the balance team, is looking through the new ability/pokemon combinations. Whether they will be random generated as other abilities onto the pokemon upon hatch or another system will be implemented is still unknown.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Level5Pidgey

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • Use Gust!
    • View Profile
    • Pidgey's Philosophical Game Design
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:47:55 PM »
I think i read somewhere that when 5th gen comes out in English yall were gonna put it in eventually, so i had a couple questions about that. Mainly, Dream World. Im assuming yall arent going to put the actual dream world into PU, so will yall just be giving the pokemon the option to have the new abilities and skills they could learn when they are caught and level up, just like normal?

As Kamaran said, we have been adding Pokemon's DW abilities as additional abilities - and balancing the Pokemon around those. We have not been implementing the new Gen V abilities yet, though.
We have also tried to replicate Gen 5 movepool changes as well as possible.

This is mainly so that we don't balance every single Pokemon for the Gen 4 Metagame - and then have to do it all again when Gen 5 comes out.
Doing everything twice is a bad idea, if you have the option to do it simply once.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:50:47 PM by Level5Pidgey »
Read my Game Design Blog!

And that one, lone, distressed flying Krabby went on to become the most powerful being in the Universe.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 10:10:39 PM »

As Kamaran said, we have been adding Pokemon's DW abilities as additional abilities - and balancing the Pokemon around those. We have not been implementing the new Gen V abilities yet, though.
We have also tried to replicate Gen 5 movepool changes as well as possible.

This is mainly so that we don't balance every single Pokemon for the Gen 4 Metagame - and then have to do it all again when Gen 5 comes out.
Doing everything twice is a bad idea, if you have the option to do it simply once.

Ok great thx :) Glad to hear the pokemon will have access to the Dream World abilities. Mainly all i was wondering

Thx for yalls answers