* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Double Whammy  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
Double Whammy
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
Alright guys(and girls), here's the scoop; I'm 16 and I live in the U.S. but I would still like to help in some way. So as you can see it's a double whammy. Despite not meeting either of those 2 requirements I was wondering if there is anything I could do to help with the development. I have some experience with Photoshop and Java, although I could probably pick up another language fairly quickly. If there is any way I can help please send me a message or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: Double Whammy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 12:08:51 AM »
First off, the living in the USA isn't a big deal, so long as you can work at European times.
Secondly, being 16 doesn't matter so long as you're mature.
And finally, try and be more specific. If you want to be a pixel artist, post some previous work.

Offline LeoReborn

• Good Trainer
  • Through the pain, I've been reborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 12:20:44 AM »
Examples would be helpful, I should know :c
By loving so many, I have touched their lives and helped them rebirth as well. To be strong is to instill strength in another.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:56:27 AM »
Excellent! This response was much better than I imagined. I was simply posting this to see if it would even be a possibility, and now that I know it is I'll try and find something I can show you .

Alright, I recently got a new computer and apparently all of the things I had made with Photoshop have gone missing. So, this means I will have to draw something new. I was thinking of drawing a few Pokemon related things since this is a Pokemon game, most likely some buildings since that's what I'm best at. If you have any suggestions for what I should draw please tell me soon.

Modified after I checked my computer.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:19:54 AM by Da Lulcat »

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 09:59:42 AM »
Excellent! This response was much better than I imagined. I was simply posting this to see if it would even be a possibility, and now that I know it is I'll try and find something I can show you .

Alright, I recently got a new computer and apparently all of the things I had made with Photoshop have gone missing. So, this means I will have to draw something new. I was thinking of drawing a few Pokemon related things since this is a Pokemon game, most likely some buildings since that's what I'm best at. If you have any suggestions for what I should draw please tell me soon.

Modified after I checked my computer.

Drawing? 0.o I do hope you mean either pixel work, or vector work  ::)

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »
My bad I meant pixel art; sometimes I forget that I'm talking to people that know what pixel art and other computer related things are.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 09:04:38 PM »
Alright, I was out of town today, but I thought I should show you something so I made this on my laptop with ms Paint. I started out making the American Dream home when I decided to change it into a missile silo house; hence the missile. I though the buildings were good, but as you can tell my flower/mailbox making skills are lacking. Feel free to tell me your opinion and give some constructive criticism. If you think I might have a chance of being one of the pixel artists(I'm assuming you're going to have more than one since an MMO is a big project) then I'll continue to submit pixel art. Thanks in advance!

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 09:52:13 PM »
That is pixel art, but it's not the kind of pixel art we use in PU. If you want to submit an application for joining the PU-project, we'd like to see your skills on pixel work in our field of graphics.

Thanks.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 11:40:16 PM »
So you're asking for something pertaining to Pokemon-like graphics? I'll get right on that. When no one replied to my earlier request for a specific "subject" I assumed that meant anything would work.

Offline Baka

• Normal Trainer
  • Troublemaker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 01:26:59 AM »
That's right. I didn't read this before today, so I couldn't give a reply earlier. Sorry for making you wait. :)

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
That's perfectly alright. I'm currently making a pokecenter but I'm combining it with the daycare since that seemed to make sense. I'm sticking with almost completely the original design for a pokecenter but I'm chaining the colors and of course adding on part of the daycare.

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 09:50:20 PM »
I'd like to see some more of your work too :)
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Da Lulcat

• Beginning Trainer
  • Da best
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
Alright, here is the finished project. I redid the Pokemon center from Emerald Version. The basic structure is the same, but I changes the color palette and added the clock.The other picture is an idea I had which would be to combine the Pokecenter and Daycare. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Normal

With Daycare

Original

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 04:16:06 AM »
well i see two problems, first one: there's a lack of texture, like solid colors don't look very good, you gotta add a texture of lighter and dark variations of the main color, example the blue on the roof. problem 2: I'd rather see something more original, instead of a build based on something already made, though not a bad thing.  over all it looks good
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Frenchfry

• Good Trainer
  • I woke up with a clown's hand in my pants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:47 AM »
I agree with Amphi on the first point. Moar shading, pl0x.
However, I see no problem with basing your work on existing concepts. For the most part, I'm guessing a good chunk of the art in PU is going to be based on things from the main games.

Quite a sexy job, either way.