* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: job request and quest idea  (Read 9975 times)

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
job request and quest idea
« on: January 27, 2010, 12:24:08 AM »
i was wondering if you need or want someone to help make quests because i can help. you know someone to help spirit out i need a few things though

1)how do i give you guys the quests?
2)details
3)the dos and donts
and some of spirits quest so i can know along the lines of what to do

heres one idea (i dont know if it can be implemented into a mmorpg or not)

Quest mad scientist (it not my best work)

okay so you walk into a house and see this freaky looking guy you go to him but he is just mumbling to himself this is what he says
scientist:.......experiment gone wrong......out of control.....in the forest.......flare forest.........
so then you decide or the quest pops up however it works to go to flare forest
you get there walk around a little bit and then you battle a charizard but it is shiny you cant beat  it though so you catch it and then you have to take it back to the scientist you this time notices you he says let me see that Pokemon you hand it to him a few seconds later he says thank you so much i was trying to figure out how to mix Pokemon and used a wrong elixir here take this as thanks he hands you a Pokemon.

OK so what do you think you can change it some if you want like the forest name the wild Pokemon the reward anything

i really think i could help.
thanks,ChaosControl :)

oh sorry i didnt read mr.darks when applying for another job i dont meet any of the recqirments
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:30:06 AM by ChaosControl »
Friend DarkerSou1 on Xbox Live, tell me who you is tho.

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
Re: job request and quest idea
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:13:47 AM »
you may not meet the requirements, but i always welcome ideas..... this idea seems kind of generic and cliche, but despite that, it is a decent start to something, and could turn into a longer series of quests, with a well developed mysterious story without too much difficulty.

also, i do not have any requirements for how you present or detail your story/quest ideas, so long as they are good, implementable, developed, have a background to them (in other words, there is a reason for the course of events), and thats pretty much it.

and here are two ideas i wrote before i was asked to join the team:

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,56.msg364.html#msg364

http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,149.msg1652.html#msg1652

feel free (in fact i encourage you) to give feedback and make suggestions on those

perhaps in the near future, i will ask the PU team if i can post a quest story that we are actually implementing... though keep in mind, that i have a life and therefore have alot of other things im doing as well, so it may be a while before such an idea is suitable for release

do's:
* have fun, get behind your idea (don't write something for the sake of writing it; its the same as if you were going to sell something, you will do a better job if you believe in your product)
* write in english
* welcome other people's ideas
* understand that if its good, i don't want to have it changed as much as possible, you can take credit for your own work (which means, if it needs to be improved, you improve it, not me)
* think beyond your story (look at avatar, assuming you have seen it, it is a simple story, but the story in the background, and the universe and everything else that is designed behind the primary story is what makes it magical) when you write a story, if you can write something that has a story behind it (even if you cannot notice it without looking for it), it will just pop out so much more
* try to be inspired before you write, if you have motivation, chances are it will seem much better
don'ts:
* don't spam the forum's with countless ideas (especially if they are useless)
* don't use 1337 speak or anything like that (its just a pain to read)
* don't write something for the sake of trying to get your stuff in game, if its good, i will let you know (if you try to be smart, you can be smart; if you try to be wise, you will come out sounding like an idiot)
* don't ask me or any other team members to implement your stuff, "if its good, i will let you know"

if you want to write some stuff, feel free to post it in the forums, but i also welcome private messages, in case you want to get some feedback before submitting stuff to the public

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
ok thanks!!!

Offline NaviGator

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 05:17:37 AM »
It's my belief that a great game has many aspects and features that tie into each other so a great beginner quest would of course be to assemble a full team of pokemon and if professions are added into the game and I hope they will be eventually quests to learn recipes for the professions would an easy addition (for example: NPC- I'll teach you how to make a potion bring me #xITEM1 #xITEM2 #xITEM3 you can usually get these items from...."pokemon or berry trees or wherever it would finally be decided they come from)
It's time, you know the time, the time for the thing.

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:47:32 AM »
Is there a way I could join the team my problem is that I am not 18 but I want to help I mean I like submitting ideas and stuff but what I really am good at is sheet music ,and I know you have a music writer and hes probably better than me but I want to help I would post my music but there isn't a forum for it,  and like I said I want to help and just the possibility of listening to my music while I am on a route would be amazing. So I don't know who to go to so I posted here,and I know I legally cant get hired but still even a unofficial position would work , just as long as whoever does the music at least listens,or reads my music. Its none lyric orchestra music. (I play the violin)But I know bass,viola, and a little cello.  So if PU is interested I will post my music just tell me where ,and I will post it.

Offline The Fireball Kid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:54:18 AM »
Is there a way I could join the team my problem is that I am not 18 but I want to help I mean I like submitting ideas and stuff but what I really am good at is sheet music ,and I know you have a music writer and hes probably better than me but I want to help I would post my music but there isn't a forum for it,  and like I said I want to help and just the possibility of listening to my music while I am on a route would be amazing. So I don't know who to go to so I posted here,and I know I legally cant get hired but still even a unofficial position would work , just as long as whoever does the music at least listens,or reads my music. Its none lyric orchestra music. (I play the violin)But I know bass,viola, and a little cello.  So if PU is interested I will post my music just tell me where ,and I will post it.

If there isn't a post for it, make one up and post the links to your music. You can host your music on youtube if you like. Another method is  send it by email. You can find the email in the job forum section.

[email protected]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:56:17 AM by Victory »

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 04:59:45 AM »
thanks I will do that except the youtube thing I am kinda camera shy..thats why I am 2nd chair

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 02:40:41 AM »

Hi Draagn :3

I'm the music composer for the game. You wouldn't be the first and probably last person to want to make music for the game, before and after I applied for the job. This is a project I'd really like to fully take on by myself, not only because of what it means to me but also due to the technical jabbery mess that goes for every song I proccess through the GBA synth.

But I guess I'm taking it too seriously lol. And I obviously cannot judge anyone. Before I found PU I would give away a kidney to be able to compose the soundtrack for a Pokémon or Final Fantasy game. If I put myself in your position I would really love to be given a shot at composing. So if you want to share your stuff, show us some of your stuff. I would very gladly like to hear it. :D
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 05:20:42 AM »
hiteryan your never online plz reply to my pm I want to know what you thought of my music I also have guiter tabs for a few of my sons if you want those

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
hiteryan your never online plz reply to my pm I want to know what you thought of my music I also have guiter tabs for a few of my sons if you want those

Hiteryan is on a fair bit, just because you don't see him in the forums doesn't mean he isn't around. if you join the chat you have a better chance of seeing him

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 06:06:37 AM »
I cant join the chat I have tried it keeps redirecting me to mebit so I gave up

Offline DarK_SouL

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
mibbit works jusat start an account there and log in and you can chat no maney!

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
I tried that but it always freezes and crashes and it really ticks me off

Offline Hiteryan

• Music Composer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • Oh gawd awesoem.
    • View Profile
    • Hitey's YouTube
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »
Sorry about not replying earlier, only yesterday I had the time to check out your music, and I've had alot of thought about it. I don't think we'll put you in the team though, you or anyone else, I think we'll set the job position as locked. This for a few reasons.

Me and Mr_Dark have very specific ideas in terms of what we want to do for this game. Perhaps about 1/3 of the soundtrack has been composed, and it follows some particular defined leitmotiffs, as well as the composition styles used by original Pokémon game composers Jun'ichi Masuda and Go Ichinose. Also, each piece of music is proccessed through the Gameboy Advance synth, which is a frustrating proccess when things go wrong for no reason, because there's a limit of 5 notes at the same time and there are specific groups of instruments that can be used for one song. I've been composing since like, September, and it still messes me up sometimes.

Nothing against you in particular, you're not the first person to want to collaborate with music for the soundtrack. The only reason we never really defined that nobody else could join the job is because I always tend to think about it from my own perspective of when I discovered PU. But to avoid more situations like this I'll just set the job position as locked.

If you do want any of your music to appear in some form in the game, maybe we could do something about that, I don't know. There have been ideas such as an in-game radio or something, but we have to think that through.
Pokémon Universe Music Composer Guy Dude Person!
Hiteryan on YouTube - Vimeo (I'm a filmmaker too!) - last.fm

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 04:10:59 AM »
well ok thanks for being honest...and I would love to hear some of my music in PU ,and not just that but what open jobs are there in PU because I would like to know how to be a moderator for the PU forum.