* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pokemon Wanted.  (Read 11577 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Wanted.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 10:35:38 PM »
Be careful with action replays, if you don't have the right one, you can end up crashing your game. Personally, I don't use them because you can get really bad Pokemon that can't fair up to one that has been trained to lv100 without one. My friend uses it, and I still beat his Genesect with my Liepard every time. Not worth the trouble.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
Be careful with action replays, if you don't have the right one, you can end up crashing your game. Personally, I don't use them because you can get really bad Pokemon that can't fair up to one that has been trained to lv100 without one. My friend uses it, and I still beat his Genesect with my Liepard every time. Not worth the trouble.
I'm sorry to hear that, I believe your friend doesn't know how to make a good team. :)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 11:16:48 PM »
He does, typing is good, but he wants to level up to fast, which gives out less EVs and IVs, which is how you can calculate the growth curve. My Victini has over 300 health, and over 200 in the other stats, plus an extremely fast Jellicent, and a Houndoom with great defenses and high Sp. Atk stat.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 11:52:47 PM »
He does, typing is good, but he wants to level up to fast, which gives out less EVs and IVs, which is how you can calculate the growth curve. My Victini has over 300 health, and over 200 in the other stats, plus an extremely fast Jellicent, and a Houndoom with great defenses and high Sp. Atk stat.

Thats why you program the AR code to give max IVs and EVs. Your friend clearly doesnt know how to do that.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 12:11:47 AM »
You have a friend with a Genesect that can't beat a dark type? And a Liepard at that. Thats pretty sad.

Either he has no idea what he's doing/sucks at battling or didn't train it right...at all.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 03:18:07 AM »
It is pretty sad. About max IVs and EVs cheats, they can actually make a Pokemon Illegitimate, in other words, can't be traded or battle in WiFi because now they are recognized as hacked. It happens a lot lately. You see people who put these ridiculous teams up that are hacked, so now, they're banned. The old fashioned way is the way to go, it takes forever, but you can actually get some unstoppable teams.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 03:26:38 AM »
While this talk of hacking is great... Is there anyway I can breed a Sneasel that will have both ice punch and ice shard?

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 04:17:32 AM »
breeding them.. yes. But you have to search. Each breeded pokemon can only carry one of the finest breeded move from parent pokes.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 03:38:53 AM »
It is pretty sad. About max IVs and EVs cheats, they can actually make a Pokemon Illegitimate, in other words, can't be traded or battle in WiFi because now they are recognized as hacked. It happens a lot lately. You see people who put these ridiculous teams up that are hacked, so now, they're banned. The old fashioned way is the way to go, it takes forever, but you can actually get some unstoppable teams.

There is no way to tell if someone cheated IVs because it is possible to have 31 in each. But it is possible to tell if they have cheated EVs simply because there is a max. That is easily avoided by not being retarded and giving it legit EVs.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »

There is no way to tell if someone cheated IVs because it is possible to have 31 in each. But it is possible to tell if they have cheated EVs simply because there is a max. That is easily avoided by not being retarded and giving it legit EVs.
I never said all the time, but you're right. Still, it's not fair, or even cool, to hack a game, and cheat your way to the top. I have had considerable experience with players who modded games, not on Pokemon, but like COD, where bullets don't even affect them. It just proves that you suck so bad that you need cheats to make yourself better.

Offline Moleymaze

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
Sounds like your friend should stick to rare candies.