* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Wants to help  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Fatal

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
Wants to help
« on: April 02, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
Who am I: I'm a 20-21 year old who would like to see the project get live, and the sense of humour of the developers. I'm from Belgium btw.

Why I want to help: The last pre-beta made me want to contribute to the open-source project. I love the initiative and I'm happy finally people learned from the past and it won't say 'shut down my nintendo' any time soon :)

What can I do: I have let's say a good basic knowledge of lots of subjects:
*graphics: I can work pretty well with gimp. I contributed in the past to some other project making hockey arenas :p I'm sorry, but I can't make good pixel artist work without ripping stuff from nintendo.
*programming: I have a good knowledge of c/c++ and I'm very well trained in programming Java, but I see you guys use GO, which I never heard of to be honest. I also have experience using SVN and contributing to major projects.
*web development: I know how to make a site look great: I have a good knowledge of HTML, CSS, javascript, java, xml, ajax, php, mysql, jquery, jquery ui,...and probably other stuff I can't think of right now.
*my knowledge of pokemon isn't that great: I only played pokemon yellow and diamond and I sold those games by now :p But I had a swell time and I played the game pretty much through till the end.
*testing: I have some experience testing for 3D-games, not 2D-games. But I'm sure the idea is pretty much the same.

If you need someone who fulfils one of the previous mentioned criteria now or in the future, feel free to PM me.

Keep up the good work !
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:42:08 PM by Fatal »

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Wants to help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 04:20:25 PM »
Howdy neighbour! (Netherlands here ;) )

Well you can always contribute on the programming side since all source code is open-source and we accept patches (https://code.google.com/p/pokemon-universe/wiki/Contribute)

If you look into Go you'll see that it's fairly similar to C/C++. Both me and Urmel have a c++ background and I have to say it was easy to pickup Go and make awesome stuff with it.
On the Go site there's a nice document for c++ programmers who are interested in working with Go: Go for c++ programmers

Me and Urmel are always available on IRC, so if you need any help regarding Go, feel free to contact us :)

Web development: Currently we have Luqman and Wasabi-Knight for the (new) website and I don't think they need any extra help on that. I could be wrong so feel free to contact one of them on IRC.

P.s. too bad you almost ruined our April Fools :<
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

zylonnick

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 04:35:59 PM »
Finally, someone else from Belgium!!! It's nice you want help. Welcome, anyway.
PS: Where in Belgium exactly? I'm from Hasselt.

Offline Fatal

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »
Yeah I got a bit overheated by the april fool joke :p , but now I'm just happy I could WASD around a plain of grass xD
may sound stupid , but I was happy with it.

I live at and near Ghent, yeah live in a cottage :p